Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Always strikes me as a down-to-earth, level-headed guy with a jovial sense of humour. Bet he's one of the funniest out of everyone in the squad too. 

There was a video where he was asked about Jamie Vardy becoming a manager one day and Wilf didn’t stop laughing for 30 seconds straight lol!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

There's an argument to be had about whether he's better than Kante now.

Not much in it surely.

Love the fella.

Deffo a better pure defensive midfielder in my opinion. In the sense of making tackles and interceptions and recycling the ball. In fact I'd say he's the best in the premier league at it especially now Fernandino is playing in defence. 

But ngolo has a bit more to his game than that and often operates higher up the pitch and his offensive movement and play is a lot more dynamic.

We probably could not afford to play Kante in the current system. The high line and two flair number 8s would leave even him badly exposed. However you would deffo change the system to fit him. What a player. Hands down the best I've seen down the city in 30 odd years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

‘Joke of the decade’ - Nigeria reacts after Ndidi missed out on Africa’s best XI

Gbenga Adewoye
Last updated 1 hour ago
09:58 08/01/2020

The Super Eagles combative midfielder did not make the African team of the year despite his exploits for both club and country

Nigerian fans have reacted angrily to Wilfred Ndidi’s exclusion from 2019 Africa’s best X1 players announced during the Caf awards ceremony in Egypt on Tuesday night.

Senegal forward Sadio Mane, who was named the African Player of the Year, is joined by Gabon’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Egypt’s Mohamed Salah, Algeria’s Riyad Mahrez, Morocco’s Hakim Ziyech and Senegal’s Idrissa Gueye on the list.

Also included are Cameroon's Joel Matip, Senegal’s Kalidou Koulibaly, Morocco's Achraf Hakimi, Ivory Coast's Serge Aurier and Cameroon goalkeeper Andre Onana.

Ndidi has been a consistent performer for Leicester City since his arrival to the Premier League from Belgian side Genk.

Last season, the 23-year-old was the second-best tackler in the English top-flight and currently ranks high in tackling and interceptions.

At the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, Ndidi emerged as the player with most tackles to help the Super Eagles finish third in the biennial tournament.

Surprised by the exclusion of the midfielder from the best XI list, Nigerian fans have taken to the social media to express their feelings.

#CAFAwards2019 where's ndidi please, like why didn't he make the xi. you all should tell us who the best defensive midfielder in europe is... ndidi is the best!

Embedded video

Ndidi not being on the Africa team of the year is the most tragic thing you'll see all day😓#CAFAwards2019

View image on Twitter

I’ve said this countless times Ndidi is underrated. Why didn’t he make the list? He play last season was brilliant too... #CAFAwards2019

View image on Twitter

Africa XI that doesn't feature Wilfred Ndidi??
Do we look like jokes to you people? @CAF_Online #CAFAwards2019

Wilfred does not play for a traditional big club.

We love you lots Wilf (And our love is informed and does not come from Social media) :wub:

One of several players whose game has improved massively since Rodgers replaced Puel. This season he has been absolutely brilliant. His tackling and ball-winning is as good as I’ve ever seen from any defensive midfielder and easily the best currently in the Premier League. And now that he has learnt to pass with accuracy too, he has become the indispensable do-it-all fulcrum of our team.

If he is not on the shortlist for PFA Player of the Year, then his peers either don’t know their football or haven’t watched Leicester enough.

• Like 2

On 06/01/2020 at 03:01, The whole world smiles said:

Deffo a better pure defensive midfielder in my opinion. In the sense of making tackles and interceptions and recycling the ball. In fact I'd say he's the best in the premier league at it especially now Fernandino is playing in defence. 

But ngolo has a bit more to his game than that and often operates higher up the pitch and his offensive movement and play is a lot more dynamic.

We probably could not afford to play Kante in the current system. The high line and two flair number 8s would leave even him badly exposed. However you would deffo change the system to fit him. What a player. Hands down the best I've seen down the city in 30 odd years. 

Sure we could, he'd easily bench Tielemans. Obviously he wouldn't be pushed up as much but Sadri has developed him into an even more complete player. He's never going to dictate play like Maddison but he is a steady forward passing outlet.