Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

With regard to release clauses, I’d have thought all managers would have them, even at clubs like Leicester who officially “don’t do release clauses”.  After all, hanging on to a disgruntled want-away player isn’t too much of a pain.  They usually step up eventually, after a bit of a sulk.  But if they don’t then they can just be benched.  But a disgruntled manager would be toxic all round. 

12 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes, and as for revealing the clause in his contract, he was specifically asked if there was one. What was he supposed to do, lie?

Yeh they already had the story in mind when they asked him the question, thats the UK press for you.  They manipulate specific answers to fit their agenda.

Notice how e.g. klopp wasnt asked if he had a release clause.

Great subs tonight, managed the game well despite a fairly flat performance. We all like to see us smash teams, but truth is we were in complete control of that game from minute 1 and once the penalty went in it was game over. Had Praet and then Vardy scored (incredible clearance by Mariapa to be fair to him!) then it would have been much more comfortable. I'm sure he will voice concerns among the camp tomorrow about the game, but will also be delighted that we equaled the Ice Kings with 7 wins in a row.

Bit surprised Nacho didn't get a run out after his heroics, but I get it, he wanted to keep control of the game. I also feel that the three that came on will be starting games for us this month given the fixture list we have coming up, so getting them up to speed was a good endeavor. Praet for me was a bit off given his usual standards, but still had some decent moments.

Under Rodgers we have gotten rid of the slow starts and conceding first problem, and score more goals in the second half than any other team in the league. We are even scoring goals in "Brodgers TIme" at the end of the game. Not as sexy as Fergie Time or Kloppage Time, but there you go!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

But hey that Arsenal job is a step up and so tempting....

Bahhhahhahahahahahhahaha

According to arsenal and man u friends of mine, him going to Arsenal isn't a step down but a step up and that he is too arrogant and cocky to turn it down.....oh and because we won the league we are still not a big club :rolleyes:

Foxes Talk before the match:

"Hmm, not sure about playing the diamond, don't think it's the best use of our players."

Foxes Talk after the match:

"BRENDAN RODGERS IS A GENIUS. 4 GOALS AWAY FROM HOME SHOULD HAVE HAD 8, BOTH STRIKERS SCORED"

Delighted he signed the long term contract, this could end up being the best manager we ever have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

£5m a year extra he negotiated, wow he is a savvy business man ! Good on him 

Worth every penny too. If he brings us Champions League football, he’ll have paid for himself and more. Not to mention making the value of players like Soyuncu (and even Nacho now) go through the roof. 

On 08/12/2019 at 17:58, oxford blue said:

The perfect fit for Man City?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7767637/Brendan-Rodgers-hurry-hes-patient-better-fit-follow-Pep-Guardiola.html

Perhaps, but Rodgers has made it clear this week he is going nowhere by signing a new contract- I think until well after Guardiola has left Man City

Though this is the Daily Mail I would say that we should be concerned about this. Pep may well leave at the end of this season and if Man City come calling they can easily afford any release clause fee and would be a more than enticing prospect for any manager. We all know that contracts in football mean absolutely zero.

11 minutes ago, reynard said:

Though this is the Daily Mail I would say that we should be concerned about this. Pep may well leave at the end of this season and if Man City come calling they can easily afford any release clause fee and would be a more than enticing prospect for any manager. We all know that contracts in football mean absolutely zero.

Meh, even if Pep leaves after this season, I’d be surprised if Rogers left without taking up the opportunity to take his young Leicester team into the Champions League and make some real history. I think he’d stay another season.

10 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Meh, even if Pep leaves after this season, I’d be surprised if Rogers left without taking up the opportunity to take his young Leicester team into the Champions League and make some real history. I think he’d stay another season.

I'd like to think he would but Man City would be very hard to turn down. Don't forget Toure also played for them and as Rodgers usually takes his team with him...

On 08/12/2019 at 17:58, oxford blue said:

The perfect fit for Man City?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7767637/Brendan-Rodgers-hurry-hes-patient-better-fit-follow-Pep-Guardiola.html

Perhaps, but Rodgers has made it clear this week he is going nowhere by signing a new contract- I think until well after Guardiola has left Man City

First it was Arsenal now Man City lol this media circus must be such a fun job.