Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

England squad for Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Bulgaria - Chilwell and Maddison

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Racism is disgusting from the Bulgarian 'supporters'. FIFA really need to start upping their punishments, clearly closing stands and behind closed doors games aren't working. 

Next step is to just ban the country from competing in qualifiers, remove them from all FIFA competitions.  Then mahbe they'll start to listen.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Racism is disgusting from the Bulgarian 'supporters'. FIFA really need to start upping their punishments, clearly closing stands and behind closed doors games aren't working. 

Next step is to just ban the country from competing in qualifiers, remove them from all FIFA competitions.  Then mahbe they'll start to listen.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Here here. 

Here. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Your 3 step protocol. I see what you did there! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

i’m just downright infuriated that this kind of thing is still going on in today’s game. Are the fans just so utterly brain dead to not realize the trouble they will get in for doing this? the worlds eyes are upon them now. for all the wrong reasons too. 

make home games behind closed doors for the next two year. minimum punishment.

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

i’m just downright infuriated that this kind of thing is still going on in today’s game. Are the fans just so utterly brain dead to not realize the trouble they will get in for doing this? the worlds eyes are upon them now. for all the wrong reasons too. 

Banning from competition is probably what needs to be done

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

When you see the pictures of some of the scum doing the chanting I doubt they had more than a passing interest in the game anyway.

They should be removed immediately from this qualifying campaign and banned from the next one. Probably a 10,000 Euro fine and a slap on the wrist.   The governing bodies of International Football are spineless.

The only way to stop these racist morons in football is to deduct points from the team, both national or inter national. A £10,000 fine is pointless. When the majority realise their team is being punished and they will never progress in football competitions they will turn on their own. I noticed nobody applauded them out. I hope nobody applauds them back.

Missed opportunity- we could afford to lose the three points 

we should have just walked off and refused to play

then uefa would have to take real action as they would see their tournaments endangered (And of course sponsorship) - other countries would be emboldened by the actions of England 

this will just be papered over with a big fine and ground closure - nothing will really change 

• Like 1

I know, that no player should ever have to endure that kind of treatment in a football stadium but I do think this type of thing is blown out of all proportions by a hysterical and often sanctimonious media. 

Take Raheem Steering for instance, he's bright, articulate, has dragged himself and his family up through his hard work and talent and probably earns 300k+ a week. How hurtful is he going to find it, that some thick as dogsh*t peasents from the arse end of nowhere think he looks like a monkey? The racial abuse in this instance says more about the people doing it and the "society" they are from than it ever does about our black players. 

In my opinion rasicm in the 80s aimed at players in this country from English fans would have been far more difficult for players to take because it was representative of a rasicst country that they were from at the time. Imagine getting monkey noises in an English stadium then your kids getting abused in school the next day. Or your parents on the bus etc.

I think what what Sterling has been more annoyed about in recent times is the very subtle, under the radar racism show towards him by the press, media and then by some of the people of this country. But people are less interested in that because it requires them get off there high horse and stop pointing fingers at uefa and Bulgarian (or whatever other backwards Eastern European country we are playing) bogeymen and have a good look in the mirror. 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 2

I love the irony that the people doing the Hitlergruß would have some of the first people to be rounded up by the SS. 

And monkey noises in 2019?  The 1970:s called and they want their racism back. 

What next? The black and white minstrels as the half time entertainment? A new alf garnett sitcom? 

The only way to beat racism is to not engage it, turn the TV down (commentating is awuf anyway) the players should just ignore it (easier said than done I know) they are only doing cos they know that they will get a reaction out of it, they have nothing to lose so what does it matter to them. 

By stopping the game it only highlights them and they achieve what they set out to do, which is cause disruption. 

Uefa can't stop the behaviour, banning them from football won't change a thing, so just ban them from internationals for ever so no one has to play there again, if they are let back in it will just happen again. 

It's good that English fans are finally aware of racism but also rather hypocritical considering how insidiously racist they were in the recent past. If English fans think that racism doesn't still exist in English football then they are fooling themselves. This board has cracked down exceptionally well on racism but there are still many posts that exhibit it. Perhaps the English can also make a greater effort on the homophobic side and then maybe they can attack the rampant sexism that exists before they scoff so much at the Bulgarians/others. Even this enlightened site is plagued by sexism.

Walking off the pitch, making them play behind closed doors or giving them a fine won’t solve anything. All it will do is mask the issues. 

Fundamentally, it comes down to education. Take the manager as an example - for him to come out and say he didn’t hear it is ridiculous and gives the racists the ‘ok’ to do it again. It’s institutionalised and that needs to change before it can be eradicated from football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

It's good that English fans are finally aware of racism but also rather hypocritical considering how insidiously racist they were in the recent past. If English fans think that racism doesn't still exist in English football then they are fooling themselves. This board has cracked down exceptionally well on racism but there are still many posts that exhibit it. Perhaps the English can also make a greater effort on the homophobic side and then maybe they can attack the rampant sexism that exists before they scoff so much at the Bulgarians/others. Even this enlightened site is plagued by sexism.

Sometimes a hypocrite is just someone in the process of changing their mind

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Awful take. An entire England end calls out Bulgarian fascists en masse throughout the game, but we shouldn't "scoff" because some racists, sexists and homophobes still knock about at games here and *shock horror* on the internet? Well that's hardly unique to this country sadly, and I don't think you'd see supporters of any other national teams openly chanting "you racist bastards" like last night. For once, we deserve a bit of credit as a nation.

Not a lot makes me proud to be English these days, but the actions of our fans, players and manager last night definitely did.

I thought you were around in the 80's in England. The fans sang a lot worse than that even LCFC supporters and even to their own players. 

my point in case you missed it is that the English were just as bad or even worse and most have changed, no reason that shouldn't be the case for Bulgarians who haven't benefitted from your multi-cultural education. To then not realise that other forms of discrimination are rife in England and football does make us hypocritical.

but carry on with the superiority complex, it'll help us all long term. 

edit: and calling people "bastards" really isn't going to help the situation is it? Can't be proud of that, myself.

Edited by Guest