Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

3 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

You tit who said he was pucking average, i said his FORM was bang average.

Is his form bang average now? No he is in great form. Why is that? Because the manager didn't drop him for Fuchs like you were repeatedly calling for. 

Just some food for thought next time you or anyone else wants to get on the back of one of our young players. Form will dip class will remain.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

:unsure: Maybe its a bit early, not sure how to take this statement.

Where they holding up targets? Are the crosses some sort of deep fake?

For sure defending would help if they closed the crossing opportunity down more, or made less space in the box for the recipient, but.....

I like Chilwell and it’s great that his form has picked up. 

Although I do have to admit, A’s inch perfect as the ball to Ox was, that would’ve been cut out by any Premier League left back. It looked as soon as he hit it that it’d be headed away, but the Montenegro LB left himself in no-mans land at the last minute by ball watching. Turned out to be a great ball but it did have an element of luck with the poor defending. 

• Like 2

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

I like Chilwell and it’s great that his form has picked up. 

Although I do have to admit, A’s inch perfect as the ball to Ox was, that would’ve been cut out by any Premier League left back. It looked as soon as he hit it that it’d be headed away, but the Montenegro LB left himself in no-mans land at the last minute by ball watching. Turned out to be a great ball but it did have an element of luck with the poor defending. 

Oh,the opposition certainly controbuted to Ben's overall success, but you can only base a judgement on the realities of the opponent and not the hyperteheticals.

But for sure, a decent team would have been a much tougher test

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Oh,the opposition certainly controbuted to Ben's overall success, but you can only base a judgement on the realities of the opponent and not the hyperteheticals.

But for sure, a decent team would have been a much tougher test

Oh no, that wasn’t my intention. You can only play against who’s in front of you, and he certainly played very well.

It was just an example of how the state of the opposition did have a bearing on his end product. He would have coped against anyone in the world on current form but he looked brilliant last night. 

Either way, a great performance and MOTM will do wonders for his confidence when he returns to Leicester. :scarf:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Is his form bang average now? No he is in great form. Why is that? Because the manager didn't drop him for Fuchs like you were repeatedly calling for. 

Just some food for thought next time you or anyone else wants to get on the back of one of our young players. Form will dip class will remain.

So if his form was poor for the next 6 games and he cost us points, you'd have kept playing him and i agree Fuchs is class, especially the season we won the our only league title.

52 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

So if his form was poor for the next 6 games and he cost us points, you'd have kept playing him and i agree Fuchs is class, especially the season we won the our only league title.

You were calling for him to dropped after Burnley since then he has played 4 games for club and country, won 4, conceded 0, scored 20 and Ben has personally Assisted 5 and scored 1. Staggering stats! 

Why not just admit you got it wrong and it's sometimes good to show a bit of patience with our talented youngsters?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

No offence intended sir but does it matter?

Kind of, yeah. 

We shouldn't discriminate based on gender. That doesn't mean we need to do away with acknowledging gender. 

It's been man of the match since before i existed. Was that term so very offensive? Do we need to also homogenise MANager, man marking and 'picking up your man in the box.' 

I'm always wary of this kind of politispeak. Are the FA truly genderless or is this public tokenism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

I remember about three years a go I said he had the potential to play for Real Madrid if he kept working on his game and I was roundly mocked.

I wish I could find the post but the search facility is too inadequate.

10 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

To be fair he was always destined for the top.

Not according to this thread. :cool:

• Haha 2

Guest An Sionnach

His form is improving , no doubt about that , perhaps he's realised that staying at the top of your game takes total dedication , for him that's ten years of bloody hard work.

25 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

You were calling for him to dropped after Burnley since then he has played 4 games for club and country, won 4, conceded 0, scored 20 and Ben has personally Assisted 5 and scored 1. Staggering stats! 

Why not just admit you got it wrong and it's sometimes good to show a bit of patience with our talented youngsters?

Hindsight, could have dropped him for a game earlier and he might have regained his form quicker and we may have won a few more points or Fuchs has a masterclass and we beat United and Liverpool, no scenario is really wrong.

• Like 1

Ive been on his case but he is doing a lot lot  better at the moment in particular the crosses but it was a bit like playing Enderby town.

I noticed he still got caught running back when the lad cut inside and he couldn't  make the right leg work in the tackle.Lets hope it continues as we have a very strong back line Cags I fell is better positionally than Harry and that helps Chilwell

5 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Hindsight, could have dropped him for a game earlier and he might have regained his form quicker and we may have won a few more points or Fuchs has a masterclass and we beat United and Liverpool, no scenario is really wrong.

That's not hindsight. The whole point of hindsight is that's it's based on events that actually happened, not 'events you predicted would happen but that turned out to be so embarrassingly wrong you can't admit it and double down with even more mystic smeg'. The word for that is 'sorry'.

Edited by turtmcfly
In hindsight I should have spellchecked this
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1