Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Surely tonight shows that Chilwell should take some of our corners? Maddison has improved his corner delivery a lot this season, but Chilly has definitely been working on his game too!

Junior Lewis would have looked good whipping corners in against Montenegro...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Guest said:

Some real pearls of wisdom in here:

"I've about had enough of him...take whatever we can get for him"

"He cannot kick a football to a team mate on a consistent basis...the worst player in our first 11 by miles. Sell please for whatever you can get."

"Take the money and run"

"Chilwell struggles with the basics of being able to use his feet to kick the ball a short distance to another human being."

"Without doubt the most over rated player I think I've ever seen."

"he's meant to  be an attacking defender and he can neither attack nor defend."

"he cannot cross a ball whatsoever."

"Utter gash."

Keep it up Ben mate 

All right Captain Hindsight.

• Like 1

He did really well last night and recently his form has picked up greatly. Proved me wrong and made me shut up, well done Ben and keep it up.

But lets not pretend like he wasn't poor for the first 8 games this season, poor decision making seemed to be his curse.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chilwell has placed some peachy free kicks for us - his crossing is actually excellent when he has time to settle himself and pick his spots.  Where he needs to improve is crosses in real-time - and he is improving.

The notion of dropping him for Fuchs was always absurd, IMO.  Not sure why he's become FT's whipping boy but he's been way better than this place gives him credit for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ll hold my hands up and say I was never convinced by Chilwell until the start of last season. I could see potential but not to the level others did and he often frustrated me by whimping out of challenges. 
I’m delighted that I was wrong with him, as I was with N’didi too. I wouldn’t swap either for anybody else (position for position) in the game right now.

Edited by Strokes

5 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Montenegro defending was awful, made Chilwell's crossing looking better than it was, don't get me wrong he played well but people need to chill out he was playing vs Montenegro. 

:unsure: Maybe its a bit early, not sure how to take this statement.

Where they holding up targets? Are the crosses some sort of deep fake?

For sure defending would help if they closed the crossing opportunity down more, or made less space in the box for the recipient, but.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

I remember about three years a go I said he had the potential to play for Real Madrid if he kept working on his game and I was roundly mocked.

I wish I could find the post but the search facility is too inadequate.

Well done you.

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, Cheesemaker22 said:

Man of the Match has a nicer ring to it to be fair. 

And the fact it was a team of men as opposed to a team of women where it would have been woman of the match.