Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

34 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

We do have our fair share of meat heads following our club but i didn't notice any boo's yesterday.

Collective groans can sound like boo's

At the risk of having my sanity questioned again, there were very audible boos around me in sk1. There’s no need for it, it’s counter-productive and it makes us sound like a bunch of over entitled knobheads. Maybe I’ve been watching Leicester for too long but if you think we’re shit at the moment then god help you (and that’s the ‘royal you’ not you Bob).

Edited by Katy
Clarification
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Who said I was satisfied with losing?! 

Was it 20 times? Seems excessive. 

All I'm saying is that everyone wants to go forward 100% of the time and that isn't always possible? Fans need to understand this. Is it better to keep the ball and work a good move to potentially turn in to a decent attack or is it better to cross in to a striker surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders and is unlikely to get on the end of it? 

Chilwell was poor yesterday don't get me wrong. But it's no reason to boo him or ironically cheer him when he got the ball yesterday ffs. Just because I don't agree with that doesn't mean I was satisfied with his game lol

I didnt count, but others have said was 20 times.

Personally if I am in the ground, I will never ever boo any of our players.

Not to protect their precious confidence, or little baby heads, but simply because I think its counter productive to boo your own team.

However no player is above criticism in my view, especially when considering they paid handsomely for their job, I let myself vent on here and other forums.

Edited by Chrysalis

12 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm not privy to that much info but I've heard the same re: Chilwell, who Man City really, really wanted in the summer.

Was published by the Athletic but Man City called it off as they couldn’t offload their existing left backs, so went with a cheaper option in Angelino

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I didnt count, but others have said was 20 times.

Personally if I am in the ground, I will never ever boo any of our players.

Not to protect their precious confidence, or little baby heads, but simply because I think its counter productive to boo your own team.

However no player is above criticism in my view, especially when considering they paid handsomely for their job, I let myself vent on here and other forums.

That's all fine and I agree. But it seemed you disagreed with other stuff mentioned lol

As I said, I personally will never heckle or boo a player on our team, but others will, and as Pliskin has said, this happens at other clubs, its not a LCFC thing.

In fact its worse at bigger clubs, expectations are also higher, if Chilwell cant handle the pressure at LCFC, he for sure wont handle it at a Manchester United, a Manchester City, a Liverpool.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It happens all over the country, we’re not the only fans to let someone know when we’re not happy, if Ben wants to be a top level footballer he needs to develop a thick skin. He’s been poor/shocking for most of the season, and there becomes a point where his incompetence becomes intolerable. He’s no longer an 18 he’s old who’s just burst out of the academy, he has gained some experience and is consistently getting the basics of the game dead wrong. It’s okay to get on Teilemans back, but not Chilwells? 

Ben’s performances are simply not good enough, when you can’t make a simple pass, and your mistakes are costing your team goals and potentially games something needs to be done. His confidence is clearly shot, so why is he still playing week in week out? He’s currently a liability. 

Trent Alexander-Arnold is 21, and he is a billion light years ahead of Chillwell, I want to see Fuchs back in for a period of time, perhaps a spell out of the team might put Ben in the mindset to prove doubters wrong and kick start his season. Getting shouted at and criticised isn’t a bad thing, what he does to prove those of us criticising him wrongs is important. It’s over to you Ben. 

I think you have said it all there , the debate should be over. Rodgers , Get on with it!!

There's having a poor game and then there's playing like he has in these last 2 games and it's horrifying. It's got to be a confidence thing as he is all over the place, at fault for goals and then cannot execute any passes or crosses going forward. I'd love to see the stats but I bet it's nearly 50 times he's given the ball away in 2 games, bonkers.

14 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He was probably only linked because of him been English, I think his technical ability is way below Pep level.

More than linked - Man City’s board and Pep were ready to sign and bid. Then in Mid May they decided not to as they couldn’t shift Mendy or Zinchenko

Needs a rest.Then he'll be fine.You dont become this poor over night.

He really is a good player but not fantastic.He is just in very poor form due to .Speculation?

Lack of confidence? Being sussed out by the opposition.He is very one footed and positionally naive at times.

This will improve again with time and these weaknesses are outweighed by

His positives.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

But he's England's left back and blah, blah, blah...

What's his competition? Danny Rose and an unfit Luke Shaw. Enough said.

Yet still being linked to Chelsea, Man C, Spurs traditional top 4 sides and previous to those Liverpool but not good enough for Leicester City, you is a joke.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Where did I say he isn't good enough for Leicester?

Was it not implied in your post that he is where he is as far as your concerned due to a lack of decent competition, mockingly saying yeah we have Englands LB playing for us but why is he Englands LB as opposed to seeing it as a good thing that the best English LB plays for us?

If I'm reading to much into it I'm big and ugly enough to apologise, please forgive me.

This is the 1st thread I've read this morning and I guess we are all guilty of reading many frustrating posts and end up lashing out at maybe the wrong 1 sorry :cheers:

He's been incredibly poor and shouldn't been immune to criticism.

If his head has been turned, that's fine and natural, but it says a lot about who he is personally that he wouldn't give 100% to his job just because he might want a move. 

I'm looking at changing my working conditions and I'm giving it my all because I'm paid to do so and a very small amount of people rely on me. If he isn't turning up because he fancies a move then ought to be ashamed of himself and he deserves all the criticism coming his way 

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Was it not implied in your post that he is where he is as far as your concerned due to a lack of decent competition, mockingly saying yeah we have Englands LB playing for us but why is he Englands LB as opposed to seeing it as a good thing that the best English LB plays for us?

If I'm reading to much into it I'm big and ugly enough to apologise, please forgive me.

This is the 1st thread I've read this morning and I guess we are all guilty of reading many frustrating posts and end up lashing out at maybe the wrong 1 sorry :cheers:

I was just saying that being England's left back is the very definition of damning with faint praise due to the lack of competition he has.

He's a talented lad going through a bad run of form. It's easy to see why the big clubs have shown interest, but right now, Leicester City is about his level. For me he currently has some glaring weaknesses in his game. Hopefully he can iron these issues out.

Just like Maguire last year I'd be happy to keep him because we most probably wouldn't be able to attract anyone better. But if someone is foolish enough to throw silly money at us then the club would have to seriously consider it.

The lad is suffering a dip in form and confidence, it shows. He's a yard off his former pace and unfortunately keeps giving the ball away cheaply and we're being punished as was evident against Villa, and again yesterday. 

Hopefully with no midweek game we'll recoup, come back and batter Burnley who are on a really poor run of form.

3 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

We do have our fair share of meat heads following our club but i didn't notice any boo's yesterday.

There were some at halftime, from the odd person here and there.

3 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

There were boos near me in the East Stand at the end of the match. Not much to cheer about certainly, but driving out young talent like Chilwell, Barnes and Maddison will not help us get where we want to be.

We really should not turn into an atmosphere like Arsenal, feeling entitled and being hostile to our own players or we will wind up relegated again. Enjoy the ride on what looks like being our second best Premier League season ever.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

There were boos near me in the East Stand at the end of the match. Not much to cheer about certainly, but driving out young talent like Chilwell, Barnes and Maddison will not help us get where we want to be.

We really should not turn into an atmosphere like Arsenal, feeling entitled and being hostile to our own players or we will wind up relegated again. Enjoy the ride on what looks like being our second best Premier League season ever.

Comments in the match thread and reactions on here digging out players have been frankly embarrassing.

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

Look its time to stop kicking the lad , who knows he is way out of form ,  and start kicking Rodgers for picking him . Chilwell can't say "I don't want to play boss, I need a break" its not considered professional. That is Rodgers decision. And ffs why does he pick Perez on the wing and leave Albrighton benched. Ayoze was looking good centrally and then Rodgers does that!!!