Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've been a massive critic of Chilwell in the past, but I ain't having him being blamed for that defeat, that's ****ing ridiculous. VAR did us over and Vardy should have scored (and his passing was poor all game).

Exactly. He gets blamed for everything it seems. Vardy was worse yet no-one says a word? I really dont see he was that terrible.  I thought he and the others worked their socks off and showed grit and determination.  Their heads didn't drop either when poor decisions went against them. I think they have been brilliant this season and people need to look at the bigger picture and how far they have come. They are on a journey too and unlike man utd, spurs etc. they are sitting 3rd on that journey! The future is incredibly bright and I think this team needs to stay together and grow and improve. They are facing pressure and expectation they haven't before. Chilly hasn't been great but has shown his class before so to say he is just useless is ridiculous! He has improved over the last few games and with support and the right team behind him he will be great! Lay off him!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Collymore said:

In hindsight I can't believe him and Madders went off to Dubai for a jolly when there are so many flaws in his (and even Madders) game right now. 

Chilwell should have been analysing his performances and working on improvements rather than downing Grey Goose and Bollinger for a week. 

I get the impression he doesn't quite realise how lucky he is to be in the position he is and I have a feeling he'll be crashing back down to earth with a bang in the not to distant future, probably costing us £30m in potential transfer fees as a club.

The real sporting stars in the world (Lebron James to mention just one) is an example of someone who has all the talent in the world but the amount of work he puts in behind the scenes is frightening and the thought of him having a couple of weeks off and going out on the lash would not even enter his mind, especially if he hit a poor run of form. That is every thing he is not.

I know a lot of people on here will reply back to this and be like "they deserve a break" or " what they do in their time is up to them" (as I got the impression that was the vibe from the original thread...) but I feel it's really a worrying indication of their professional mindset and I question the culture we're building at the club if no one pulled him to the side and said "Chilly, rather than going abroad, can we do some work on not ruining your career, please?"

Do you know how much work Chilwell puts in behind the scenes?

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

People overrate him just because he’s one of our own.

Average going forward, average defensively and he’s been like that the majority of the season.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, if there’s one player in this squad that I’d like to see us cash in on it’s Chilwell.

People o  Foxes Talk don't overrate him!

Chilwell is a good player.  His confidence is down.  The way that fans slate him is counter-productive.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Surprised he's getting the blame for the goal. 

Fuchs sticks with Jesus and there's no pass for Mahrez to make.

Other players could have gone towards Mahrez and at least not made it as easy for him to jog through, not just Chilwell.

Don't think he played badly. Certainly shouldn't be getting any more stick than any other players. Several times he got forward as a wing-back would, especially 2nd half, but was quickly surrounded by Man City players and/or had no options to pass. Then when he turned back there were moans and groans. Literally no other option for him sometimes.

Fuchs should've stuck with Jesus but stepped up as no-one made enough effort to track Mahrez. The 2 closest were Chilwell and Tielemans. They didnt need to make a tackle, just close him down, narrow his options. Mahrez simply had far too much space as he approached our box.

2 hours ago, majaco said:

Do you know how much work Chilwell puts in behind the scenes?

Well I'm kind of hoping that he's got a few more gears to go through off the pitch because if this is what we get from a fully committed Chilwell then I'm even more worried. 

Can't blame him for the goal but, as the MOTD analysis revealed, he didn't get tight enough to Mahrez throughout the game. Once Mahrez has the ball under control in space he can become unplayable. Chilwell is a talented young player but he has much to learn. Becoming the first choice England left back so early in his career has raised expectations to levels he is currently unable to live up to. The question for the club will be do we cash in while his stock is unrealistically high or hold on to him hoping that he hasn't plateaued with a view to developing him further? 

• Like 1

He needs better ball control at times, offensively.

There's been a few occasions recently where he has made great runs on the attack, but then let's him down in taking the ball out of play in the process.

Edited by Wymsey

On 23/02/2020 at 17:01, lgfualol said:

Arsenal fans were shitting on Saka until recently. Let's face it, whoever we would get to replace Chilwell would get torn apart by our fans. Even Ricardo wasn't good enough at one point.

Hope we keep playing Chilwell. If anything to keep winding people up.

Yea and Morgan, Silva, grey etc...sod the performance and giving others who deserve it a chance.

On 23/02/2020 at 19:58, Plastik Man said:

Fuchs should've stuck with Jesus but stepped up as no-one made enough effort to track Mahrez. The 2 closest were Chilwell and Tielemans. They didnt need to make a tackle, just close him down, narrow his options. Mahrez simply had far too much space as he approached our box.

I think,someone should of taken Mahrez out around the halfway line,take a yellow for the team....!!! we are way too nice...

• Like 2

I'd love to know how many times per game on average he dribbles the ball out of play, and how this compares to the average number for full backs in the PL. It's absolutely baffling to me.

Natural fitness aside, I don't really get why he's rated so highly outside of Leicester. On natural fitness - it seems to be that which is valuable. To his credit he does get up and down the left side very well.

Unfortunately, though, he's generally poor going forward, and suspect at the back.

Puts the odd great cross in from time to time but those are the exception to the disappointing rule. 

Difficult one as he's clearly a popular member of the team and flogging him isn't likely to end well. Equally 'reluctantly' accepting bids may turn the heads of the likes of Maddison, Pereira, Cags and Wilf.

That said if we can pocket somewhere north of £40m, which is likely fair game for the first choice England left back and replace him even with someone half decent, and if we don't rock the boat in the process, we'd be better for it.

As with all of these sorts of comments I will caveat that a couple of years ago I thought Raheem Sterling was destined for failure, so clearly I'm no expert. Perhaps there is a plan in place to improve his weaknesses and our coaches believe we can achieve that while keeping him at the club. Call me a pessimist but I think it's unlikely, and if he improves he'll definitely be off anyway. 

Difficult situation for us to navigate, this.

• Like 1