Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

On 25/02/2020 at 00:34, Toddybad said:

Our fans have lost the plot. genuinally, they've completely lost their heads since the title win. England's first choice full back, home grown and still a kid, and all they can do is moan.

Home grown and still a kid !!!!!!!!!! I have seen kids half his fooking age play better on the park on a Sunday.

Said he was terrible when he broke into the first team, still say he’s terrible now and even when he has a ‘good team’ And will continue to say he’s terrible for the foreseeable future until I deem that he’s actually become a good player. What people see in him I have absolutely no clue. Wouldn’t bat an eyelid if he was sold for £1million.

Edit: Strictly talking about defending. His attacking has got better but it still doesn’t set the world alight for me

Edited by BigWesMorgan

2 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Said he was terrible when he broke into the first team, still say he’s terrible now and even when he has a ‘good team’ And will continue to say he’s terrible for the foreseeable future until I deem that he’s actually become a good player. What people see in him I have absolutely no clue. Wouldn’t bat an eyelid if he was sold for £1million.

Bet you're fun at parties, and that's coming from a man with 25k posts on a ****ing forum

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

If we're going to play him we need to change his position. Either play three at the back and he can go to wing-back or push him further forward and stick Fuchs at left-back because he's being exposed and it is costing us.

He can’t play wing back either, we tried that against Aston Villa in the first leg of the cup semi final and he spent 90 minutes passing it backwards to Fuchs.

He needs to be dropped for the rest of the season. Hopefully he comes back in the summer with a point to prove because there’s a really good player in there somewhere, but he’s been poor or worse in at least half our games this season. 

Edited by ttfn

He lacks confidence which has translated in a lack of conviction in his game. He neither goes forward with real intent nor looks like he believes in playing out from the back. When we were good earlier this season, he did both with confidence. He needs to get this back ASAP. 

• Like 1

Can't attack, and mostly and most worryingly, can't defend. Has apparently forgotten all the basics.
And that for a full-back.

Wouldn't make him out to be the sole responsible for his drop in form, though. I think other players' negative or lacklustre attitude is rubbing off him, in particular Maddison's.

• Like 4

I think he needs time out and extra attention and man management. His confidence is shot and I felt tonight like his team have lost faith in him. He needs time out before he doesnt come back from this. He is a good player under all this and needs his head sorting out. Brendan needs to step in and help him!

It has reached the point now that players are noticeably avoiding passing the ball to him when it's the most obvious choice to make.

Of course we have other issues, but that's one hell of a problem to have.

So much of modern football goes through full backs.

Edited by Nod.E