Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Wes Morgan - 300 Club Appearances!

I remember Big Wes getting sent off after about 5 minutes in a miserable home defeat to Millwall - who knew he'd become a Premier Winning Captain.

Our Premier League winning captain!

Super signing and a true legend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I remember Big Wes getting sent off after about 5 minutes in a miserable home defeat to Millwall - who knew he'd become a Premier Winning Captain.

Our Premier League winning captain!

Super signing and a true legend.

I knew. I’m pretty sure I said that in the match thread. 

402 appearance for Forest. 300 for City. Most of those 700+ career games in the top 2 divisions. 

Quite a remarkable career for someone of his talent.

44 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I remember watching him for Forest against Yeovil in League One. Absolute calamity. Who would have thought that guy would become a PL winning captain. 

54 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Enough of the meaning about whether it was right or wrong to bring him on yesterday.

Let's appreciate his achievement of reaching 300 appearances for the club yesterday!

What a player he's been for us over the years and will rightly go down as one of the club's biggest ever legends.

I, along with many others, thought it was a waste of money for Pearson to spend £1mil on him. But as often was the case, Pearson knew best.

He was literally in the team of the year why did you think it was a waste of money? Anyway he's an absolute legend of course!

Whilst his impact on the pitch is limited dont underestimate what he does off it. He spends a lot of time with the younger players and shows class as a leader of the team. I think his style is also complimented with Kasper and the other leaders in the team (Vards, Evans etc.)

Just now, Hitesh said:

Whilst his impact on the pitch is limited dont underestimate what he does off it. He spends a lot of time with the younger players and shows class as a leader of the team. I think his style is also complimented with Kasper and the other leaders in the team (Vards, Evans etc.)

I assume you mean nowadays. For years he was an absolute monster for us

Congratulations on a fantastic achievement. 300 games is no joke and he's been here through our best ever period as a club.

It will be interesting to see what he does at the end of the season. Will he retire or will he go down a league (or even to the USA) for one last swansong? He has a degree in Business Management I believe and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up working for the club either as a coach or possibly even on the commercial side of things.

I even wonder if he's interested in being a coach or manager? Sadly there isn't enough representation for black players in management, but with the way the Leicester City family is setup, I could see him being given a shot as development squad or even U21 coach. A good player doesn't make for a good manager but everyone says he's a great leader and that's a great start.

• Like 1