Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

23 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've been massively critical of him and I would argue justifiably so.

He's been reactive rather than proactive and often pretty garbage in so many areas.

That performance though was the standard I hope he can repeat regularly.

Credit where it's due.

PS Interviewed him afterwards, too. Very softly spoken lad. 

Did you tell him all that?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've been massively critical of him and I would argue justifiably so.

He's been reactive rather than proactive and often pretty garbage in so many areas.

That performance though was the standard I hope he can repeat regularly.

Credit where it's due.

PS Interviewed him afterwards, too. Very softly spoken lad. 

Everyone has their opinions and this is entertainment first and foremost.

I guess one of the many upsides to following a progressive and positive thinking manager is Rodgers belief in others abilities and trying to get the absolute best out of each one.

Taking the desire that he builds in those players and turning it into a team.  A team with the ability to punch above its weight.

Watching that wonderful intention move from club to club working its magic with players is my entertainment. That and being right of course.:)

I hope Iheanacho is just getting started.

Brilliant today, the high horsers love moaning when others moan about one bad game so the same has to be said when a player has a good one - it’s just one game. Hopefully this saves his career here and he really kicks on 

He was a game changer yesterday, no doubt. Can he run around like that for 90 mins, personally Im not sure. I feel for him though as there really is only one spot up for grabs for him which is Vardys. Yes he may now get the nod to be a supersub but I cant see any type of regular system that sees both Kelechi and Vards starting and that in a nutshell is the problem for Kelechi. He will always struggle to get into the rhythm an FC needs to be in to get into form but hopefully he can still contribute enough this season.

Brilliant to see the players giving Kelechi so much love in the dressing-room after the match.

He's very much a confidence player, and yesterday will have done him the world of good.

He's attracted some justified criticism since he's been here, but most of us, I think, have always felt there's a player in there somewhere.

Brendan's ability to bring this out and to keep people like him and Demarai on board and at the top of their game even though they're not regular starters is mightily impressive.

A bit like Martin O'Neill he clearly has the ability to instil self-belief and absolute confidence in his men.

By the way, just looked at the table again and it struck me that Man City might be the new Tottenham - third in a two-horse race!

Good thing Gray was sick or Rodgers likely wouldn't have even named Kelechi to the squad.  Best player on the pitch for the last half-hour, no doubt.  A scintillating performance that has to give the lad a real confidence boost.

• Like 1