Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Seriously pleased Nacho has come in and done as well as he has in 2 games. Shows real desire and quality on the ball. Obviously lets not get too carried away, but fingers crossed he can continue making contributions. 

But; to the rest of the squad this must be such a boost, especially to the fringe players. Perform well in training, show progression and desire to improve along with hard work and you'll be given opportunities. 

He's got a complete attitude shift.  On top of that looks a better player now.

Rodgers did the right thing, long stint out the team until he was ready.

Lets hope though it lasts.  As it seems he is key to our alternative more direct 442.

Normally I would have not supported him starting, but Barnes was good at boosting the xG without the goals and we started to suffer from all those missed chances only beating Everton in the final minute of the game.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Not sure if this was tongue in cheek, but the buy-back clause was only valid for a year after we signed him.

Pretty sure multiple sources said at the time it was valid for 4 years.

Believe it’s 37.5m if we’re not in CL. 50m if we’re in CL.

(that’s Man City not buying him back then lol)

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Not sure if this was tongue in cheek, but the buy-back clause was only valid for a year after we signed him.

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

Soyunco Sauce please

5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Soyunco Sauce please

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/11/man-city-agrees-50m-buy-back-fee-with-leicester-city-for-iheanacho-set-for-medicals-this-week/

Leicester ‎City will pay Manchester City an initial fee of £22.5m for his services and they have also agreed on a buy back clause of £37.5m for the first four years of his stay with the Foxes.

However if Leicester are able to qualify for the Champions League during Iheanacho’s first four years at the club, and City want to exercise their buy back option, a fee of £50m has been agreed between both parties.

Edited by brucey
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, brucey said:

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/11/man-city-agrees-50m-buy-back-fee-with-leicester-city-for-iheanacho-set-for-medicals-this-week/

Leicester ‎City will pay Manchester City an initial fee of £22.5m for his services and they have also agreed on a buy back clause of £37.5m for the first four years of his stay with the Foxes.

However if Leicester are able to qualify for the Champions League during Iheanacho’s first your years at the club, and City want to exercise their buy back option, a fee of £50m has been agreed between both parties.

F'kin Iheanacho costing us money again then! :yahoo:

7 hours ago, brucey said:

We signed him at the start of 16/17 right? So the clause expires at the end of next season. Might be timely, what with Aguero leaving next year!

Turn him into the absolute pits for a couple of years while the buyback clause is fresh.  Bide our time ‘til we’re massively odds on to reach the CL.  Then and only then, unleash the Nacho God.

Brilliant from Whelan and Rudders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ahh..I understand it now...

Our brilliant forward thinking manager is preparing Kelechi for a dramatic return against his old club Man City.

He's going to be on fire for that one.

I can see him make all the headlines after we drub Man City.:scarf:

...but ok...let's see off Norwich first.

Go Kelechi!! 

24 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

Ahh..I understand it now...

Our brilliant forward thinking manager is preparing Kelechi for a dramatic return against his old club Man City.

He's going to be on fire for that one.

I can see him make all the headlines after we drub Man City.:scarf:

...but ok...let's see off Norwich first.

Go Kelechi!! 

1-1 in the 85th minute

Subs off Perez for Iheanacho

Kelechi the God gets pushed over in the box by Sterling

As he falls over he tucks the ball into the top left corner, finishing brilliantly

Crowd goes wild

Delighted for him the way he's handled himself throughout his time here.  No petulance or I'm suffering antics.  He just kept his head down and was obviously working hard. He's in a good position in that he's not the main striker so less pressure.  This has allowed him to flourish when he gets a chance to play alongside  Vardy. And it's working brilliantly and BR deserves great credit for how he's handled him. I think if he continues contributing the way he has in recent games I think it could be a while before Peroz gets back in the team.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

1-1 in the 85th minute

Subs off Perez for Iheanacho

Kelechi the God gets pushed over in the box by Sterling

As he falls over he tucks the ball into the top left corner, finishing brilliantly

Crowd goes wild

Sounds a little like horse faces finish against us. 

• Like 1

There must be plenty on here who are eating their words right now. The majority opinion seemed that he was not good enough, waste of money, etc etc (and that's the polite versions of many of the comments) and would have had him out the door in a flash (just like those who thought we should have off loaded Vardy). I like others found him a bit of an enigma and frustrating and was hoping that the player that we thought we had bought was in there somewhere. Obviously he has talent, looked the part at MCFC and seemed a great signing at the time (I worked with a couple of citeh fans who thought he was mustard and saw the deal as a prolonged loan, the buy back clause being a means to pay us for his development until they inevitably wanted him back).

He is obviously a confidence player and something was not right in his head. He looked lack lustre, didn't seem to have any appetite for the game and this was also being reflected by comments from his national squad manager. Whatever has changed, and the Rodgers effect has to be a part of it,he is a different proposition altogether at the minute. Considering what he has been through in terms of personal tragedy recently with the death of his best friend and assistant he seems to have got his mojo back big style. Perhaps this is not unconnected. It would not surprise me if the whole club rallied round him and this made him realise that he has a place here and a future.  It was brilliant to hear his name being sung at Villa, (so different from the boo boys at the KP of recent times) and this will have given him even more of a boost.

OK so its only a couple of games, but he has shown us what he is capable of and has earned the trust of his team mates and the fans alike. Hat trick against Norwich please Nacho man.

• Like 1