Sign in to follow this  
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

The big fear was if Vardy got injured we had no back up, now both Perez and Nacho can cover.

You have to say that if Brendan has been instrumental in this improvement he has earned the contract pay rise he got last week.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

This turnaround makes me wonder whether Rodgers could have coaxed a player out Silva?

I think Silva bulking up by 4 stone, growing 4/5 inches and shaving 3 seconds off his 100m PB is beyond even Rodgers. Or would attract interest from the doping agency

• Haha 3

I think it's easy for people to get carried away with Iheanacho after just 2 games. I mean he is still only the 2nd best striker in the league behind Vardy. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

This turnaround makes me wonder whether Rodgers could have coaxed a player out Silva?

God like, but even god would struggle to do the

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Another great performance today. I love his movement and strength in possession. 

He's playing with a smile again with the weight off his shoulders. 

Long may it continue.

• Like 1

Absolutely superb today, picked up some great positions off Vardy and his ball to Vardy for the first goal was weighted perfectly in difficult conditions.

He’s finally looking like the player we signed.

• Like 1

If he continues like this, the 25M fee paid will seem like a bargain. Who would have thought, another one of Rudkins' bargains. 

Edited by sm1
  • Like 1

The backend of his first season I thought he showed some promise, got a couple of really high-class assists (West Brom away springs to mind) but last season I did give up on him, looked too lazy to ever make it here. Has upped his work rate, has clearly worked with the coaches and is now in a team full of confidence and the last two appearances he has looked superb. His renaissance makes squad depth look a whole of a lot better.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

He’s showing that he’s more than just a goalscorer - he has a sublime first touch and a great weight of pass. Really pleased for him 

Couple of good touches and passes doesn't mean theyre now sublime attributes of his 😂 He had one of the worst first touches id seen for ages Not so long ago, but I'm pleased he's doing some good things for once

• Confused 3

He’s looking good, making the runs, holding it up, making the right pass, putting in a tackle (yellow card my......) and finishing his chances. 

• Like 1

So happy for him. He's made a case to be a regular starter based on those performances. Link up play between him and Vardy is a joy to watch at times

What I love about Rodgers is that although he pulls off a surprise now and then, he tends to just do the logical thing and it usually works - unlike a lot of managers trying to over complicate the game. 

Iheanacho, was great at the back end of his first season here, linking up with Vardy, man of the match against Southampton at home, couple of goals against Spurs and Arsenal and after the most part of a season, looked like he was settling in as a bit of a number 10. 

Now I wouldn’t have it any other way because Maddison is becoming a top, top player, but when he came in he instantly took the number 10 role, Nacho struggling to get games and confidence must’ve been knocked (it’s obvious how important confidence is to Kel) - he has a few cameos as striker where he looked half hearted and struggled immensely, looked as if he was done under Puel. 

I know we played two strikers today, but Iheanacho was more withdrawn. With a partner he clearly looks most comfortable, like at the end of 17/18. We just have to accept he’ll most likely never be a lone, focal point in attack, but it’s good to see that Rodgers has identified what his strengths are and shown that there is a player in there when used the right way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm so glad for Kelechi. Had to go through some really rough times in recent months and years.

Part of me hopes Rodgers can work some more on Iheanacho in order to form him into the player everyone would accept to replace Vardy in a few years' time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Says it all! What a turnaround from the Nacho man!

Love his role as alternating between almost a false nine and a conventional centre forward. Happy to come deep and allow the midfield runners past him so he can slide them in, but also happy to run at a defence.

Really quite versatile.

• Like 1