Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

He can also hold up play really well. He cushions the ball and then can lay it off to Vards or Maddinson.

So chuffed for him. Truly. We should play the diamond against the lower half teams as it helps our attacking prowess while we only lose a little defensively.

• Like 1

What a difference a week makes! Iheanacho has looked like everything I'd hoped he'd be when we signed him during his last two games. His link up play has been top drawer and it's great to see him really linking up well the midfield creative force in Tielemans, Praet and Maddison and also Vardy. I'm absolutely fvcking stoked for him to get 2 in 2 as well! 2 assists as well.

If he can continue to impact games like he did vs Everton off the bench and step up during rotation phases like he did today, and that helps fire us into the Champions League then, regardless of his prior struggles, he'll reflect a good piece of business. Keep it up Nacho!

22 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Some people on this forum ridicules my posts when I said nacho was a great player, a confidence player who needs an arm round the shoulder, I'm so pleased I was right, because I got it totally wrong with Caglar 

I was always with you mate. Couldn’t believe some posts I saw saying splinterdream doesn’t know what he’s on about re Iheanacho 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

What a difference the right manager can make to a player. Under Puel Nacho was called "donkey" and "useless", now under BR he's "reborn" and starting to live up to his potential. Credit goes to BR for believing in him and giving him special attention on the training ground and of course to Ian himself for making the most of the opportunity he was given. Couldn't be happier about how things have turned out. And he has the best goal scoring teacher possible in Professor Vards!  

• Like 1

A player out of form and low on confidence will eventually have fans on his back, fair play to him for getting his head down, grafting and not running off to his agent or crying to the media saying how awful life is. The talent was always there, I mean how excited were most of us when he signed? 

I actually think that that the likes of Silva and Musa could have thrived under Brendan and his coaches, everyone wins, wonderful. 

• Like 1

Outstanding today, everything about his play was spot on, did alot of the donkey work for vardy, held the ball up well, the pass for Vardys first and the positional play for his goal was exceptional, as everyone says his confidence must be absolutely sky high right now and rightly so, he looks a totally different player, I'm buzzing for the lad, an 8-10 prem goal season would do him wonders, not as concerned about bringing in another striker in Jan now 

2 hours ago, Wizerud said:

With the way Kelechi is going, people will soon be talking about the long-forgotten Man City first-option release clause in his contract.

I wonder what the deal is regarding giving him a new contract without the clause? Guessing it has to be included in any contract up to a certain date? Obviously Man City won't buy him back on the basis of two good performances but something to consider if his form carries on for the rest of the season. 

So please for him. Feared he would be completely iscolated from the squad until a move was arranged for him. But he looks like a completely different player. Fair play to him too. The comment of him finally fealing that he is a Leicester player too is just absolutely gorgeous to read.

Edited by danhaw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I think fans blaming Puel for his performances are passing the buck slightly. Its our crowd that boo’d when he’d be subbed on. Jeered every time he had a bad touch and crusified him for every miss.

As fans I like to think we could learn that this type of response does more harm than good to the side.

Might be a distant memory but Vardy actually got a similar treatment in his first season. 

Sadly, humans have a track record of failing to learn from history.

2 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

What a difference a week makes! Iheanacho has looked like everything I'd hoped he'd be when we signed him during his last two games. His link up play has been top drawer and it's great to see him really linking up well the midfield creative force in Tielemans, Praet and Maddison and also Vardy. I'm absolutely fvcking stoked for him to get 2 in 2 as well! 2 assists as well.

If he can continue to impact games like he did vs Everton off the bench and step up during rotation phases like he did today, and that helps fire us into the Champions League then, regardless of his prior struggles, he'll reflect a good piece of business. Keep it up Nacho!

He started off good though against BMG in the friendly then broke his toe.

Got back to half decent fitness when the Season was ending. Kels always been good but his confidence was at rock bottom. It didnt help with the idiots we have in our fanbase booing him either.... 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think fans blaming Puel for his performances are passing the buck slightly. Its our crowd that boo’d when he’d be subbed on. Jeered every time he had a bad touch and crusified him for every miss.

As fans I like to think we could learn that this type of response does more harm than good to the side.

Might be a distant memory but Vardy actually got a similar treatment in his first season. 

Never have I been more ashamed to be a leicester fan than when I heard those boos against iheanacho. Utterly disgraceful

• Like 2