Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

To be fair, for a second striker he really is the best we could hope for. He is not perfect, but I always feel a good run of games would do him the world of good and he doesn't seem to unsettle the team when he is not playing like slim did and Jermaine beckford.before him. He also seems to score a lot of goals in the minutes he gets, we could have a lot worse. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Typical Iheanacho. Shows up for a game and scores. Wish he was more consistent, however Rodgers taking him off was a strange decision. 

I said last week that Iheanacho could be our key player if we are to hang on to the top 4 with all our injuries, and I stand by that still.

Great finish and excited to see him at the weekend. Hopefully Rodgers will give him the full 90 

Ive been a bit harsh towards Ian in the past, but today has made me realise he’s actually saved us a good few times.

We paid a lot for him, but on reflection he has been a decent buy. Scored some important goals for us. Ridiculous he was subbed tonight

Edited by NeilLCFC

Great goal today but his game is so erratic there's no consistancy to his play, even from first half to second half tonight. We were better as a team after the first few subs, could have easily been 4-1 down before that against a team that doesn't score goals.

• Like 1

I actually think taking off one of thr strikers wasn't the worst idea in the world as we look infinitely more of a collective threat with Albrighton and Ricardo pushed up and a back 4. The problem is, we kept Vardy on to try and play him through this horrific spell and that's the consequence. 

I don't think we had players to play the diamond but he perhaps should have gone 4-4-1-1, very grim game from us.

Take a bow Ian. Was starved for good crosses all game but when he got one, he made the best of it. A strong candidate for the goal of the season!

Vards is my favourite current Leicester City player but I was livid when BR took Ian off instead of him

Edited by Chester Dontlie

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually think taking off one of thr strikers wasn't the worst idea in the world as we look infinitely more of a collective threat with Albrighton and Ricardo pushed up and a back 4. The problem is, we kept Vardy on to try and play him through this horrific spell and that's the consequence. 

I don't think we had players to play the diamond but he perhaps should have gone 4-4-1-1, very grim game from us.

Agreed I think we had to change it. Burnley always seemed to have a player over (McNeil / Taylor). But given Iheanacho's goal would have kept him on. That said I Iheanacho's decision making is not great; a couple of times again he made the wrong choice. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Great goal today but his game is so erratic there's no consistancy to his play, even from first half to second half tonight. We were better as a team after the first few subs, could have easily been 4-1 down before that against a team that doesn't score goals.

He was a constant threat - he’s proved himself with minimal playing time.

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

There was a lot wrong with the selection but Iheanacho was not part of it. Could have changed the shape and dropped him in the 10 role. Could have played 2 up top and not played a team full of defenders and defensive midfielders. In fact the reason we were still in the game was probably down to Kasper and Iheanacho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1