Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

44 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Liverpool - Vardy

Sparta - Vardy (nacho sub)

Villa - nacho (Vardy sub)

Sparta - Vardy (nacho sub

Arsenal - nacho (vardy sub)

Lol, I’d have Iheanacho for the Sparta games and vardy for the prem games, I can see us playing like we did against leeds for the prem games and probably be more dominant vs Sparta 

It's not easy when your being used as a bit player. Yet he usually has a positive impact when he comes on.

His instincts are very good and his positioning in the box even better. He's even showing signs of playing the Vardy way even though he doesn't have that explosive pace.

I think he has been working with Brendan which is showing benefits. His confidence is clearly back after the Palace game.  Which is great as we're going to need him.

A winner against Liverpool on Saturday will do nicely.

Nacho did well yesterday though he still appears to turn backwards towards his own goal when receiving the ball perhaps a bit took much. The turns are often technical snd easy on the eye, I just wish he’d use them a bit more to create space for himself going in the offensive direction, rather than a nice flick and move to then end up giving the ball back to one of our deep lying players! 

2 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Starting on Saturday we have 5 games in 15 days. I don't think it would be sensible to play JV in all of them. So assuming it's one or the other, which one starts vs:

Liverpool

Sparta

Villa

Sparta

Arsenal

.....has to be....!!!

Liverpool - Vardy

Sparta    - Nacho

Villa  - Vardy

Sparta  - Nacho

Arsenal - Vardy

Allows for the rest days and is a no brainer.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

One part of Kelechi's game I think still needs improving is staying onside.  He does get flagged a lot.

....I have noticed that it has been a part of his game since forever!!!

what happens is when an attack breaks down he is slow to get back on side as the opposition seek to push up the pitch, what then happens is we win the ball back quickly and look to find him and he has not got back on side as he was not expecting the change of play.

I always felt that that would be removed from his game but it still happens.

• Like 1

He just looks the part in cup matches. You could say it's down to generally playing lesser opposition but he scored in both semi-finals of the League Cup and against a Premier League team last night. 

Does he just feel more comfortable in that environment?

• Like 2

to be fair, Vardy is usually on the pitch with our best players. Nacho rarely gets a run in the best side and has less clear cut opportunities. 

He is a goal scorer, but its easy to forget this when he hits a bad run. I'll admit I fell into the, lets give perez a try group... which in hindsight was a big error. We could have been comfortably 2nd if nacho had played in those first 2 games. 

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Nacho has proved himself to be a valuable squad player over the last two seasons. The frustrating thing about him, and the reason he gets flack, is because he has high potential. He could (and maybe should) have really threatened Vardy for his position in the first team and shown he could be the main man.

Personally I think if he started every game for us in a season, he'd probably get 12-18 Premier League goals, which is very good, if not Vardy standards. Likewise if he was the starting striker for teams around midtable, he'd probably be one of the first names on the team sheet and very well thought of. But out club these days is reaching standards we never thought possible, which is why some players like Nacho, Hamza, Albrighton sometimes seem a bit lackluster.

Overall, he's probably proved to be worth the fee we paid for him. 

Really pleased for him to score last night, a really valuable goal for us.

I think Nacho will always score goals but I still don't think he is considered the right type of player to fit into Rodgers' slick passing team.  He's a bit too ponderous and occasionally clumsy for it, hence Rodgers playing Perez ahead of him in his own position I think.  That must have been a blow for him but I think that Rodgers would prefer someone with more technical ability.

I think you're right that he would thrive in a different team and score plenty which begs the question why have we never heard of anyone being in for him, especially as his contract is winding down and is seemingly not highly rated here?  I would have thought there would be a queue.

3 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Lol, I’d have Iheanacho for the Sparta games and vardy for the prem games, I can see us playing like we did against leeds for the prem games and probably be more dominant vs Sparta 

I cant imagine Vardy would want to be left out of both games in a European knockout phase. 

Never have I wanted a player to do so well for us. I have Nigerian connections through family and understand the tiniest amount of Pidgin. I'd love to see the lad banging in 10-15 goals a season. At least give him a run to see what he's capable. Rodgers is clearly getting a tune out of him and I hope he shows enough in this last run of games to prove doubters wrong. 

Realistically - how many other teams would kill for a second striker as capable as Nacho?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It's not up to him, though, and he'd be able to have an impact late on.

Vardys a club legend who hasn't played much European football at all, and after this season may never do again. If I were him I'd be looking at starting one of the games and I'm sure BR would take that sentiment on board.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

to be fair, Vardy is usually on the pitch with our best players. Nacho rarely gets a run in the best side and has less clear cut opportunities. 

He is a goal scorer, but its easy to forget this when he hits a bad run. I'll admit I fell into the, lets give perez a try group... which in hindsight was a big error. We could have been comfortably 2nd if nacho had played in those first 2 games. 

Yeah, me too. :blush: 

Not young, just foolish. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Vardys a club legend who hasn't played much European football at all, and after this season may never do again. If I were him I'd be looking at starting one of the games and I'm sure BR would take that sentiment on board.

Maybe. I'm sure he understands that the team comes first. It's a tightly packed fixture list, and with him just coming back from an operation, he can't start every game. It's not like he won't play, either. He's the sort of impact sub dreams are made of.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hejammy said:

Seriously not going to get into this debate with you. See my reply from others. His English language skills isn't the problem. Look at interviews with Ndidi and Youri and then compare. 

Thing about making public statements is that the public that you address may respond/comment thereupon. lol

He said a phrase that has been completely misconstrued. We all know what ‘can’t be bothered’ means. He must have meant something along the lines of, ‘we didn’t want to have to have extra time’. 

He‘ll have heard it while he’s been in England. People say it in reference to not particularly wanting to do something if they don’t have to.

We’ve had a busy schedule all season,  who wants to have to go through extra time, in freezing temperatures with Liverpool at the weekend? 

Big fuss about nothing. 

• Like 1