Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Brendan subbed the best player on the pitch to boost Vardy's morale up. But what about Nacho's morale. He created a goal out of air, he was lively, he was precise and my man of the match but subbed first though not get offended and shaked Brendan's hand. Does Brendan sub good guys who cant reteillate his authority ? Because never reckon some getting subbed though played shite.

Just now, Greyowl said:

Brendan subbed the best player on the pitch to boost Vardy's morale up. But what about Nacho's morale. He created a goal out of air, he was lively, he was precise and my man of the match but subbed first though not get offended and shaked Brendan's hand. Does Brendan sub good guys who cant reteillate his authority ? Because never reckon some getting subbed though played shite.

Well that’s an unusual view I’d guess? He scored a worldly for sure but I’m not sure his all round game was in MOTM territory?

But I agree with you that it seemed odd to take Iheanacho off rather than a lukewarm Vardy.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed I think we had to change it. Burnley always seemed to have a player over (McNeil / Taylor). But given Iheanacho's goal would have kept him on. That said I Iheanacho's decision making is not great; a couple of times again he made the wrong choice. 

Twice in particular he should have laid it off square to Tielemans, but overall still a solid performance tonight. 

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Twice in particular he should have laid it off square to Tielemans, but overall still a solid performance tonight. 

Yeah exactly. The second half one was worse where he just shot and Tielemans went mental at him. I've always questioned his decision making in particular.

Has to be one of the most instinctive players I think I’ve ever seen

Capable of scoring some really good goals when given little time to ‘think’ about what he’s going to do. 

So much worse if given any time to fook it up. Cos he often will do if he has to think about what he’s doing 

16 minutes ago, Mark said:

Great goal today but his game is so erratic there's no consistancy to his play, even from first half to second half tonight. We were better as a team after the first few subs, could have easily been 4-1 down before that against a team that doesn't score goals.

We were not a better team because Iheanacho was taken off.

We were much better once we switched to a Back 4, as we have been all season.

Edited by NaijaFox

Feel for Nach, didnt deserve to be subbed. Vardy was on the edges and looked tired in front of goal, we are witnessing the end of his top flight career. Clearly still has a big part to play and in to next season but we have to put sentiment to one side. If we find a solid alternative in the summer then it has to be about what's best for the club. If that's still Vards then fine, but he needs to have someone ready to take his shirt now. No way Vards wants sympathy, he wants merit. Be an interesting summer with that in mind.

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

We were not a better team because Iheanacho was taken off.

We were much better once we switched to a Back 4, as we have been all season.

I agree entirely with the back 4 point, but Iheanacho isn't a lone striker so Vardy had to stay on. We absolutely 100% need to sign someone else who can play that role this Summer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'd offer him a new contract. He's definitely not Vardy's long-term successor, but he's more than good enough to contribute.

What’s he got left?This season and next?If so it will be an interesting summer.Last chance to cash in on him and all that.Or they could do a Gray..Hope we keep and play him.Seems to have the patience of a saint.A good 2nd/3rd 10 goal a season striker are hard to find.Especially for a club with our resources.Love it when he scores.Could a team like Brighton get a regular tune out of him?

40 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed I think we had to change it. Burnley always seemed to have a player over (McNeil / Taylor). But given Iheanacho's goal would have kept him on. That said I Iheanacho's decision making is not great; a couple of times again he made the wrong choice. 

A couple of time everyone makes wrong choices. For this game I reckon Tilemans' 2 wrong choices in each half which caused us winning goals.

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

There was a lot wrong with the selection but Iheanacho was not part of it. Could have changed the shape and dropped him in the 10 role. Could have played 2 up top and not played a team full of defenders and defensive midfielders. In fact the reason we were still in the game was probably down to Kasper and Iheanacho

Absolutely. 

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Shouldn't score such a belter and still end up disappointed. That's a real shame.

Can't see the logic in him being subbed tonight.

...could have been saving Nacho for Saturday.....!!!

Playing Vardy did not work for us and really should not have been on the pitch, he is not fit.

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...could have been saving Nacho for Saturday.....!!!

Playing Vardy did not work for us and really should not have been on the pitch, he is not fit.

Is Vardy unfit? Or just playing crap?

I think it’s the latter.

Good from him today, always looks so much better in a two. First touch is underrated but decision making let's him down.

I can actually understand why he was bought off, allowed us to switch to a 4-3-3 which saw us get control back in the 2nd half cause we were really struggling. You can easily argue Vardy should have made way but I wouldn't be surprised if Kelechi starts over him at the weekend.

Absolutely belting finish for the goal.