Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

12 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

N'didi has dramatically improved his passing since Rodgers joined.  He's no Tielemans, but he is picking some really good passes out this season. The one for Barnes' goal against Liverpool was another perfectly weighted pass 

If only he could shoot :P :D 

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Because if he takes a touch like a normal person would instead of attempting a volley dropping over his shoulder which is about as hard a thing you can do in football. Pope would be on him closing the angle. 

Yeah, the keeper's position looks odd because of the fact it was a first-time shot. Had he taken a touch (as most would) then as you say the angle changes.

It was a brilliant piece of instinctive play.

• Like 1

I'm so glad someone , probably BR, insists that all players are "enforced" to take turns in giving  after match interviews. I suspect not all our players are glad of this especially if English is not their native tongue or they are more reserved or less confident at giving interviews. I found iheanacho's charming if at my age I can get away with risking appearing patronising. I'm not being so. I hope.

If it is due to BR I feel its very very much to his credit he understands player development as meaning more than just on the football pitch and I hope they all come to appreciate it in time.

Edited by Alan Frost

36 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Once in a blue moon :wub:

I used to be prematurely critical of iheanacho. We're getting more and more blue moons. His recent headed goal (v brighton ? ) was also taken with a lot of skill.

I always think when commentators are drooling over players in fashion "Yeah, I wonder if he tried that 10 times how many times could he pull it off " In Messi's case i reckon the answer would usually be 9 or 10 but I don't think many others would be that good.

Practice of course puts the number up. We all know what Gary Player said so wisely about it. There is luck involved but the more you work and practice , the less luck is involved. part of football's beauty is luck is never totally absent.

I really feel for Kelechi. 

I am not suggesting he is a world beater, but when the likes of Liverpool call on Origi, Spurs Vinicius, Everton Josh King, Wolves Fabio SIlva, Arsenal Nketiah, I`d say our second striker is just as good if not better then those.

When he has played, its largely in 2nd string sides like in the Cups and Europe. 

As much as I love Brendan and can count on one hand the amount of errors he has made in tactics and team selection, not playing Kelechi when Vards was injured and playing Ayoze up front was IMO a poor decision. He has done enough in Europe to deserve a run in the side as our main striker in Vards absence.

Lets hope he can help us out over the forthcoming games, god knows we need goals from somewhere with Madders and Harvey out!

Edited by Analysethis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

I'm so glad someone , probably BR, insists that all players are "enforced" to take turns in giving  after match interviews. I suspect not all our players are glad of this especially if English is not their native tongue or they are more reserved or less confident at giving interviews. I found iheanacho's charming if at my age I can get away with risking appearing patronising. I'm not being so. I hope.

If it is due to BR I feel its very very much to his credit he understands player development as meaning more than just on the football pitch and I hope they all come to appreciate it in time.

...very much like Sir Alex's attitude to his players!!!

His idea was for them to settle down and have some family ethics as he needed them to be mature and curtail any wayward activity.

He became the father figure that I believe some of his charges needed.

3 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

His idea was for them to settle down and have some family ethics as he needed them to be mature and curtail any wayward activity.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Double post.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Pretty smart attitude when basically you're running an establishment for talented overpaid young sports stars who are often far from home or country. Much as I loved Bestie, he was probably unfortunate he was there before Ferguson, although he would have been a test !   A very bright guy imo. Best would have said fortunate of course. I mean bright academically , like many of us he wilfully ignored common sense.

I suspect although I'm not such a big fan of Ferguson (except at Aberdeen where he proved his credentials as a great manager as far as I'm concerned) that he had what I call "benevolent ruthlessness" which is often kinder to all concerned. Even if it temporarily makes  one unpopular. I'm not sure BR has developed enough ot that yet and I'll admit i had to work on it even in my much smaller pond.

Edited by Alan Frost

Really is his time to shoe his worth now for me, player that's been rarely used so energy levels must be high. Without the fatigue many others are suffering and glimpses of talent he's shown Hope he really kicks on now, let's be honest it's about time. 

21 hours ago, STUHILL said:

N'didi has dramatically improved his passing since Rodgers joined.  He's no Tielemans, but he is picking some really good passes out this season. The one for Barnes' goal against Liverpool was another perfectly weighted pass 

I mean it was a pretty low base to build from, but I agree, his passing is much more in keeping with a Premier League midfielder now and more importantly, seems to be improving all the time.  Good to see.

• Like 1

I like how he holds up the ball with his strength and control but he makes some terrible decisions.

He was taken off because for whatever reason he struggles with fitness and when he hits the 60min mark he looks knackered.

On 04/03/2021 at 14:00, WigstonWanderer said:

Fantastic goal, worthy of peak Vardy, but apart from that, did he play that well? Perhaps I wasn’t observant enough.

I was pleased with his link-up with Vardy in the first half, with Jamie's fitness a clear issue I thought Kelechi's willingness to make runs was refreshing. We didn't create a great deal but that was more on our midfield underperforming - Ndidi's ball for his goal was one of the few exceptions where the service was provided.

I hope we see more of two up top, while we didn't win I'd definitely say it's the answer against defences that sit deep like Burnley's.

Edited by OntarioFox