1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Shouldn't score such a belter and still end up disappointed. That's a real shame.

Can't see the logic in him being subbed tonight.

...could have been saving Nacho for Saturday.....!!!

Playing Vardy did not work for us and really should not have been on the pitch, he is not fit.

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...could have been saving Nacho for Saturday.....!!!

Playing Vardy did not work for us and really should not have been on the pitch, he is not fit.

Is Vardy unfit? Or just playing crap?

I think it’s the latter.

Good from him today, always looks so much better in a two. First touch is underrated but decision making let's him down.

I can actually understand why he was bought off, allowed us to switch to a 4-3-3 which saw us get control back in the 2nd half cause we were really struggling. You can easily argue Vardy should have made way but I wouldn't be surprised if Kelechi starts over him at the weekend.

Absolutely belting finish for the goal.

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He and Vards are very different players. But I really think they could complement each other. They just need to click and find form at the same time. Shame Nacho undercooked all of his attempted through balls. 

He often does unfortunately. He actually has such a good turn, not far off a Maddison, but he just can't seem to make that weighted pass that Maddison does so well and Vardy thrives on. 

Definitely needs to be starting though, as he is a genuine goal scorer and seems to find himself in good positions 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I'd offer him a new contract. He's definitely not Vardy's long-term successor, but he's more than good enough to contribute.

I honestly don't think he'd sign it. He needs regular football and he's never going to get that here, he'll get even less minutes next season if we sign a striker this summer.

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I honestly don't think he'd sign it. He needs regular football and he's never going to get that here, he'll get even less minutes next season if we sign a striker this summer.

I wouldn't blame him. I think a bottom half Premier league team would take him. Can see him doing really well in France or Germany myself. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Well in Kel. Love this photo 😂

348A6774-4204-4FDA-9575-0E7AB5043D73.jpeg

“Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

28 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I think it’s the latter.

Vardy is getting old, that simple. 

Few people are picking up on it but if you look at the goals he has scored this season very few are by breaking past the defensive line and finding a trademark finish. In fact most have been penalties, Barnes has more from open play I think, I don’t think it’s even that close.

This summer we need to look at signing some actual competition with the intent of giving them a fair crack and drop the “whoever comes in will have to play second fiddle to Vardy” attitude.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I think it’s the latter.

.. totally  a fitness issue!!!

There have been opportunities where his pace would have taken him clear of the defender but he was unable to out run the defender or beat the goalkeeper to the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Hammo said:

I think it’s the latter.

The conundrum is that, even when Vardy is playing crap, he still SIGNIFICANTLY affects play.

Look at our goal, and ask where Tarkowski was. As play develops, Vardy suddenly drops deep to pick up the ball and Tarkowski immediately follows, leaving the middle of the defense wide open for Nacho to sneak in. None of our other forwards would have had the same effect on their defensive shape. But of course unless he starts scoring again, that will change.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Much will be made of Pope's positioning but Iheanacho didn't even look at the goal, he knew where he was putting it from the moment Ndidi drifted it over.

If Pope had been in the centre of the goal he'd have still had plenty to do to stop it.

• Like 3
Guest Fktf
1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He and Vards are very different players. But I really think they could complement each other. They just need to click and find form at the same time. Shame Nacho undercooked all of his attempted through balls. 

There's scope for a partnership there. Vards' movement today drew out a cb, which was the space nacho exploited for the goal. Problem seems to be it requires both to play up top, because as you say, nacho can't weight a pass 

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

:appl::appl:

Brilliantly taken goal but I’ll ask again.. what on earth is Nick Pope doing in that position?

If Kelechi connects with the ball at all, it’s in the back of the net. It wasn’t far off an open goal