Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He and Vards are very different players. But I really think they could complement each other. They just need to click and find form at the same time. Shame Nacho undercooked all of his attempted through balls. 

He often does unfortunately. He actually has such a good turn, not far off a Maddison, but he just can't seem to make that weighted pass that Maddison does so well and Vardy thrives on. 

Definitely needs to be starting though, as he is a genuine goal scorer and seems to find himself in good positions 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I'd offer him a new contract. He's definitely not Vardy's long-term successor, but he's more than good enough to contribute.

I honestly don't think he'd sign it. He needs regular football and he's never going to get that here, he'll get even less minutes next season if we sign a striker this summer.

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I honestly don't think he'd sign it. He needs regular football and he's never going to get that here, he'll get even less minutes next season if we sign a striker this summer.

I wouldn't blame him. I think a bottom half Premier league team would take him. Can see him doing really well in France or Germany myself. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Well in Kel. Love this photo 😂

348A6774-4204-4FDA-9575-0E7AB5043D73.jpeg

“Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

28 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Is Vardy unfit? Or just playing crap?

I think it’s the latter.

Vardy is getting old, that simple. 

Few people are picking up on it but if you look at the goals he has scored this season very few are by breaking past the defensive line and finding a trademark finish. In fact most have been penalties, Barnes has more from open play I think, I don’t think it’s even that close.

This summer we need to look at signing some actual competition with the intent of giving them a fair crack and drop the “whoever comes in will have to play second fiddle to Vardy” attitude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

Is Vardy unfit? Or just playing crap?

I think it’s the latter.

The conundrum is that, even when Vardy is playing crap, he still SIGNIFICANTLY affects play.

Look at our goal, and ask where Tarkowski was. As play develops, Vardy suddenly drops deep to pick up the ball and Tarkowski immediately follows, leaving the middle of the defense wide open for Nacho to sneak in. None of our other forwards would have had the same effect on their defensive shape. But of course unless he starts scoring again, that will change.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Much will be made of Pope's positioning but Iheanacho didn't even look at the goal, he knew where he was putting it from the moment Ndidi drifted it over.

If Pope had been in the centre of the goal he'd have still had plenty to do to stop it.

• Like 3

Guest Fktf
1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He and Vards are very different players. But I really think they could complement each other. They just need to click and find form at the same time. Shame Nacho undercooked all of his attempted through balls. 

There's scope for a partnership there. Vards' movement today drew out a cb, which was the space nacho exploited for the goal. Problem seems to be it requires both to play up top, because as you say, nacho can't weight a pass 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Brilliantly taken goal but I’ll ask again.. what on earth is Nick Pope doing in that position?

If Kelechi connects with the ball at all, it’s in the back of the net. It wasn’t far off an open goal

He had been drilled to come off his line quickly and mop up any through balls, he did it loads last night. Just misjudged that one, it happens. Hes just unfortunate it fell to Kel rather than Vardy :D

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Can't quite put my finger on what the issue is between him and Brendan. I'm absolutely convinced that over a full season playing regularly he's a 20 goal a season striker. Yes, he doesn't do the running of Vardy but there's no denying he knows how to find the back of the net. Weirdly there's an argument that the fact his only contribution in some games is a goal it's actually a good thing as it means his goals are evenly distributed which is a positive if you're a team like us that doesn't concede a huge amount as you'll likely pick up more points. 

I know some might say he's been here a while and hasn't cemented his place in the starting XI under various managers which is a valid point but conversely the form Vardy has been in the past few year's very few striker's in world football would have dislodged him from the team.

What I don't get is that now Vardy is clearly struggling (albeit due to injury) why he's not being given a fair chance. It's one of the things that frustrates me with Brendan at times. Despite being a very good coach he has the DNA of an England manager selecting players based on personal preference rather than form or merit. He'd obviously argue it works and it's difficult to dispute that given that we're sat 3rd in the league but it begs the question of whether we could achieve more if he wasn't so stubborn at times. As Nigel Pearson used to say 'it's a game of fine margins' . 

I agree with a lot of what you say. I think Kel has at times been really harshly treated. He could play well in a string of games. Yet the moment Vards returns from a lay off he. Nacho is dropped. To me that pattern has undoubtedly held Nachos development back. I just BR feels Vards pace, whether, he's firing or not. Stretches the pitch and creates space for others. So Vards fits the football Vision  better. Regardless of his goal scoring. 

In my view Brendan needs to recognise that we shouldn't stick slavishly to just one blueprint. Certainly not one that is modelled on a 34 year old striker 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

Can't quite put my finger on what the issue is between him and Brendan. I'm absolutely convinced that over a full season playing regularly he's a 20 goal a season striker. Yes, he doesn't do the running of Vardy but there's no denying he knows how to find the back of the net. Weirdly there's an argument that the fact his only contribution in some games is a goal it's actually a good thing as it means his goals are evenly distributed which is a positive if you're a team like us that doesn't concede a huge amount as you'll likely pick up more points. 

I know some might say he's been here a while and hasn't cemented his place in the starting XI under various managers which is a valid point but conversely the form Vardy has been in the past few year's very few striker's in world football would have dislodged him from the team.

What I don't get is that now Vardy is clearly struggling (albeit due to injury) why he's not being given a fair chance. It's one of the things that frustrates me with Brendan at times. Despite being a very good coach he has the DNA of an England manager selecting players based on personal preference rather than form or merit. He'd obviously argue it works and it's difficult to dispute that given that we're sat 3rd in the league but it begs the question of whether we could achieve more if he wasn't so stubborn at times. As Nigel Pearson used to say 'it's a game of fine margins' . 

Agree and said this before when BR was playing Perez as lone striker.

Nacho needs a run of games to understand how he fits into this team and how the team can play to his strengths, he isn't Vardy so we need to play differently when Nacho is playing.

Vardy is clearly not firing at the moment, Brighton is a good game to give him a rest bring him on after 60 minutes and let him run at them. 

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

I think BR might be concerned with Nacho’s work rate throughout the 90 minutes. I’ve listened to a fair few games without crowd noise and with headphones on and one of the common things is him being shouted at for not tracking back or pressing when he’s meant to, particularly late on in games.

I can’t remember which game it was, but earlier in the season people on here were also surprised he’d been taken off, but it came within seconds of a bollocking for losing his man.

I didn’t listen with headphones last night and thought his movement in that first half was fantastic and exactly what we’ve needed. It had dropped off though and he gave the ball away poorly (which to be fair everybody did at some point) just before being hooked. The other problem that you’d have if you’re looking to change it and took Vardy off is the Burnley defence wouldn’t drop as deep meaning less space between the midfield and defence. 

• Like 1