Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Always comes up with big goals. Puts a shift in and can look decidedly average for most of the game at times and then gets a goal when it matters. Thought he played well today and his link up play is often good just his touch etc which lets him down at times. Think if he played consistently would be a 20 goal a season striker. Would happily give him a new contract, offers us something different and Vards only have a couple of years left surely. 

• Like 1

If you want any reminder never to pay attention to the 'pundits'.....the chance he missed v arsenal (when 3-1 down and about a minute to go)he was slated......fast forward a week and he get MOTM and the guys in the studio are talking about how great he is. 

Always rated him. You can’t expect someone to perform when the minutes you get are limited. He’s clearly a confidence player and the more game time he gets the better he will perform consistently. Well happy for Kel. Keep it up!

Starting to think that the way forward is signing a potential partner for Nacho. 

Hes essentially useless up top on his own but as part of a pair he is a totally different player. 

Nacho and Eduoard  could be very good. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Iheanacho is playing great football right now but I still dont think he'll be here after next year. We will be getting a new striker anyway and I dont see him as a 20 goal a year prem striker. 

Would be foolish to let him go.Apart from the fact he can score goals,we would have to go into the market looking for a potential two new strikers.Not the easiest task at the best of times.

17 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Iheanacho is playing great football right now but I still dont think he'll be here after next year. We will be getting a new striker anyway and I dont see him as a 20 goal a year prem striker. 

Well I’ll be the one to say it

not sure if it’s the post victory beers, but I genuinely believe a prolonged run in the side would see Iheanacho get around 20 goals a season...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rodgers isn’t having him. Watch his post-match interview on sky...

The interviewer tees him up with a question about Iheanacho’s form and he quickly says he’s working hard and then proceeds to eulogise about Vardy and talk about the team shape.

Compare that with a question on Tielemans just seconds later and he talks at length about the quality of the player and his performance.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on his way in the summer.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Its a shame that Brendan doesn't really rate Kelechi IMO. 

He played Ayoze when Vards went for an op despite Kelechi not letting us down when called upon, especially in Europe (3 in 7 I think playing with "Lesser" players) and disappointingly, he never praises Kelechi when due.

The reporter lined up a question in the post-match interview about how important Kelechi was but Rodgers almost looked irritated! He turned to Vards contribution in response LOL!! I love Brendan but its evident that he wants someone else as a back-up striker which is a shame.

• Like 4

He took his goal well, I thought he'd blown the chance but he was very calm and collected. I think Brendan took him off and not Vardy because Vardy keeps 2 defenders backs just with his presence. It shouldn't be seen as a slight on Ihenacho.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Rodgers isn’t having him. Watch his post-match interview on sky...

The interviewer tees him up with a question about Iheanacho’s form and he quickly says he’s working hard and then proceeds to eulogise about Vardy and talk about the team shape.

Compare that with a question on Tielemans just seconds later and he talks at length about the quality of the player and his performance.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on his way in the summer.

Thought that at the time. Normally Rodgers is effusive in his praise of individuals if they are singled out by the reporter. Was strange how he pivoted to talking about Vardy.

• Like 1