Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford 2-0 Post Match Thread

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, aefevans said:

“LeIcEsTeR wInNiNg ThE LeAgUe wAs A fLuKe!!!1!”

Seriously, though; legit win. Lost to a better side, particularly in the second half. You should have had a penalty in the first. Can we be saved? Whoever gets the job has their work cut out.

Think you have a chance,  a win changes everything. Nice to see us win games like that , if teams sit we can win , if teams go for us we can win. On our way.

Watford were woeful with many of their players looking out of condition and out of their depth. Although tried their best to drag us down to their level the cream rose to the top and thoroughly deserved the victory. Another 3 points in the bag and the Boxing Day game looking to be a classic.Well done all at the King Power.

It wasn’t spectacular but I think some people think we’re going to be putting nine past teams every week. 

James Justin looked really comfortable when he came on.  Going to slot right in when the time comes. 

Pawson really doesn’t like Vardy does he? 

49 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

We're not going to play our best every game, look at the start of the season, quite a few of those games we had to grind out a result. I think with the intensity we try and play there are going to be games where the players look tired and try to conserve energy.

Finding a way is what matters, and we always look like we'll find one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aefevans said:

“LeIcEsTeR wInNiNg ThE LeAgUe wAs A fLuKe!!!1!”

Seriously, though; legit win. Lost to a better side, particularly in the second half. You should have had a penalty in the first. Can we be saved? Whoever gets the job has their work cut out.

You shouldn't be adrift at the bottom with that team. Foster is a good keeper, Deulofeu, Deeney, Sarr, Capoue, Doucoure should all be able to keep you up.

Why has it gone wrong, really since reaching the cup final?

Really good win, tough game in the first half but we kept another clean sheet and made it seven straight wins with Vardy scoring for the seventh league game in a row. harvey Barnes made some great runs and got into some good spaces, as ever it's is finishing which he needs to work on but as soon as he gets a goal hopefully the floodgates will open for him. onwards and upwards.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I can't be the only one that thinks that the pen we were given was embarassing? How that's gone to professional referees to be reviewed and they've agreed that is a penalty is beyond me. I guess it balanced out the foul on Vardy.

I'd have said that Evans deserved a yellow for his reaction and a free kick to Watford. Vardy's should have been a pen and obviously no card. What Evans did was somehow worse than Mane's antics at Anfield earlier this season.

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

What an absolute pro Fuchs is. Legend. X 

He's stepped in and done a decent job hasn't he. Fair play to him. I think it's probably quite clear that Chillwell is the much better player now, but for Fuchs to be ready to step in when Chilly was unavailable and put in a solid performance like that was very impressive. It helps that he's just a bloody great bloke all round

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I can't be the only one that thinks that the pen we were given was embarassing? How that's gone to professional referees to be reviewed and they've agreed that is a penalty is beyond me. I guess it balanced out the foul on Vardy.

I'd have said that Evans deserved a yellow for his reaction and a free kick to Watford. Vardy's should have been a pen and obviously no card. What Evans did was somehow worse than Mane's antics at Anfield earlier this season.

I agree that the 2nd one was soft and shouldn't have been a pen. I increasingly think that VAR isn't the problem, it's the fact that they've chosen to implement it with the idea of not re-referring decisions. This means adhering to the 'clear and obvious' threshold, which itself has been set high. 

This means that the VAR review for the foul on Evans, isn't deciding on whether it's a penalty or not, they're instead deciding if the referee made a clear and obvious mistake in awarding a foul. The footage itself is conclusive. Masina pushed Evans in the face. You can argue that it was an accident, that it was soft, that it wasn't a pen. But it's very hard to argue that the ref made a clear and obvious mistake, because he didn't miss anything, so they have to defer to his judgement. 

I'd rather they simply use the technology + the view of the on pitch officials and come to the right decision, regardless of who gets overruled or not. 

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

I agree that the 2nd one was soft and shouldn't have been a pen. I increasingly think that VAR isn't the problem, it's the fact that they've chosen to implement it with the idea of not re-referring decisions. This means adhering to the 'clear and obvious' threshold, which itself has been set high. 

This means that the VAR review for the foul on Evans, isn't deciding on whether it's a penalty or not, they're instead deciding if the referee made a clear and obvious mistake in awarding a foul. The footage itself is conclusive. Masina pushed Evans in the face. You can argue that it was an accident, that it was soft, that it wasn't a pen. But it's very hard to argue that the ref made a clear and obvious mistake, because he didn't miss anything, so they have to defer to his judgement. 

I'd rather they simply use the technology + the view of the on pitch officials and come to the right decision, regardless of who gets overruled or not. 

I was massively for VAR before this season, but it seems like the Premier League refs are deliberately using it as poorly as possible so they can sack it off.

I get what you mean, they're leaving a massive margin for error and basically saying if the refs make a decision and there is the slightest bit of contact (even though it's a contact game) then they trot out the old "naah, not clear and obvious error, he touched him, look!" 

For me personally it just felt very undeserved, the only positive I could take from it was that it seemed to right the error on Vardy's.

That's fundamentally a flawed system for me. If they watch a few replays and say, if the ref gave it we will agree and if the ref doesn't give it we will agree.

It's a crazy proposition I know, however, why not actually look at the footage and make a decision and explain to the ref why you feel that is the correct decision. As a group of professionals, it's hard to respect their work when there's so much blatent covering of each others arses when they make mental decision after mental decision. 

Im certain they only gave us the 2nd pen because they messed up the Vardy penalty shout. Anyone in their right mind would say its a stonewall pen. Suggesting he dived is laughable lol.

The 2nd one yes his hand was up in Evans face but its not deliberate, just trying to usher him out the way.

Another 3 points in the bag. 

Its great for us atm cause Liverpool are so far ahead im not even thinking of trying to catch them. There is no point unless they start dropping points and the gap closes. All im interested in is the gap from us to 5th. Which is currently 12 points. For me top 4 is done and dusted 

• Like 2

I don't think Evans' response to the hand in the face was an over-reaction.

Anyone who has played the game knows that suddenly getting a beefy defender's hand in rammed your face isn't exactly much fun and it can be difficult to avoid going down on the ground as an instinctive reaction.

And yes, it did make up for the ludicrous non-penalty and yellow card in the first half. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Just for my info, who were the Amazon pundits in the studio for our game? 

A couple of indigenous folk who spent the whole match whinging about their rain forest being chopped down by Brazilian farmers. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

I don't think Evans' response to the hand in the face was an over-reaction.

Anyone who has played the game knows that suddenly getting a beefy defender's hand in rammed your face isn't exactly much fun and it can be difficult to avoid going down on the ground as an instinctive reaction.

And yes, it did make up for the ludicrous non-penalty and yellow card in the first half. 

Yet weirdly a boxer or MMA fighter can keep standing up after being punched with much more force and not roll on the floor. I'm not having that at all, he was trying to win a penalty by overreacting and somehow refs who are allowed to watch the replays let him get away with it. If players keep getting pens for that then they'll keep going down. I'd rather they were laughed at and told to get up though.

2 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

They were pitch-side rather than in the studio, but it was Graeme Le Saux & Owen Hargreaves. Probably even less insightful than you'd expect.

Neither of them thought the first one was a penalty having seen replays! Cue me yelling at the television.