Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford 2-0 Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, HibiscusMark said:

Nice 3 points but the crowd seemed really quiet on tv.  How was it at the game?

Think the FX mike was next to a group of school children in M1. You could hear those annoying feckers for much of the second half.

We’re still 100 per cent against sides who finished outside the top seven last year. That’s some going.

7 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

I'd be surprised if Praet doesn't get a start or two this month. Tielemans has looked a bit knackered lately.

And Madders, rotate one out for each of Midfield the next couple of matches.

How does Ndidi never seem knackered - awesome week in week out.

Edited by FoxFossil
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, midland_red said:

Didn't see the match but a bit worried about the number of people on here who thought we looked knackered..

I thought only Madders and Youri did.

I'd probably give Nacho more minutes so Vards could take a breather too.

Edited by Chester Dontlie

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Not taking the piss mate but I was surprised how poor Watford were. Obviously bottom of the table isn't great but I couldn't believe how little threat your boys showed. Virtually nothing in 90 minutes. 

We sometimes have fleeting moments in games  but we cannot keep the ball long to build any real momentum and our midfied has been poor generally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Still 12pts ahead of 5th place Wolves but more importantly 14pts ahead of Man Utd and 15pts ahead of Spurs.

You sound like mainstream media that only focuses on the distance between Liverpool and Man City :ph34r:

Was a bit flat. I know this a bit of a fashionable opinion at the moment but Tielemans looked lethargic. 

Good performance from the back four though. Even on a relatively quiet evening, Ricardo is easily one of the best players I've seen in the royal blue. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

We sometimes have fleeting moments in games  but we cannot keep the ball long to build any real momentum and our midfied has been poor generally.

The lack of confidence comes through with the passing stats. You're a far better team than this, something a decent manager could turn around...the only problem is how many managers are you going to try out this season before you find one?

1778468202_Screenshot2019-12-04at21_48_18.thumb.png.840726fe95cb91846f763b13a6c4f5b2.png

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Was a bit flat. I know this a bit of a fashionable opinion at the moment but Tielemans looked lethargic. 

Good performance from the back four though. Even on a relatively quiet evening, Ricardo is easily one of the best players I've seen in the royal blue. 

Youri has looked jaded in the last few games. A game off might help?

As you say, Ricardo is sheer class. 

3 minutes ago, shen said:

You sound like mainstream media that only focuses on the distance between Liverpool and Man City :ph34r:

Just now, bovril said:

I'm honestly more worried about Wolves than Man Utd at the moment. 

Ha yeah I was being a bit fickle, they've maintained a level of consistency now and deserve to be where they are.

Just now, bovril said:

Agreed on both counts. Special mention to Fuchs who filled in seamlessly - think he only got done once by an absolute speed merchant.

I honestly don't think I can think of a better right back in the world than Ricardo right now. He'd be good value at £120m.

4 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Happy Birthday Raw Dykes!

I was going to post earlier - "C'mon lads, give Dykesy a birthday treat!" but didn't want to jinx it!!!

Up to the Maddison goal, a little tense.. But a birthday present is a birthday present... As they say!....Do they say that?! :unsure:

Thanks, Kendo! lol

I didn't want to mention it, either, in case it was jinxed. Very relieved when Maddison scored.

Yes, I believe it was Wordsworth who said, "a birthday present is a birthday present."

• Haha 3