Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford 2-0 Post Match Thread

Looked very tired there - we need to do a bit more rotation. JJ with a great premier league debut, and steady from Hamza - who says we don’t have depth. I think before we have only played him on the right? He looked more assured on the left to me. Hopefully Gray will be fit for Sunday.  

• Like 4

Just now, rachhere said:

Looked very tired there - we need to do a bit more rotation. JJ with a great premier league debut, and steady from Hamza - who says we don’t have depth. I think before we have only played him on the right? He looked more assured on the left to me. Hopefully Gray will be fit for Sunday.  

I'd be surprised if Praet doesn't get a start or two this month. Tielemans has looked a bit knackered lately.

• Like 1

Did the job, it wasn't vintage at all. I said earlier that there's been a few warning signs of late that we aren't as fluid as the last 6-7 weeks and we really need to ensure the players don't burn out. Rodgers seemingly manages this well with changing formations and personnel but we need to raise our game significantly for Villa on Sunday. 

Barnes was great again but I honestly think he'd miss an open goal that was 100 ft high and wide right now, as would Perez for that matter. Fuchs was exemplary but Evans was also superb. A lovely cameo from James Justin, a right footed left wing back. Caused all sorts of problems and got an assist to boot. 

Vardy's run continues. Good to see Tielemans given a breather, I also felt Maddison was very quiet and could have done with a rest but another goal makes it all the worthwhile. 

7 wins on the spin, someone wake me up when it's 11 and we're within 2 points of Liverpool 😂😂

• Like 1

Succession planning ahead of time with Justin for Ricardo like we did with Soyuncu and Maguire - excellent PL debut for him.

Ordinary performance, job done. The type of workmanlike victory I'll be happy with all month to keep us ticking over through the busy period.

Barnes my motm, he just needs a wee bit of luck to convert one of his probing runs into a goal and I reckon he'll go on a scoring run.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Keeping down to two was better than expected.

Good luck trying to catch Liverpool- don't count on us for favours!

Not taking the piss mate but I was surprised how poor Watford were. Obviously bottom of the table isn't great but I couldn't believe how little threat your boys showed. Virtually nothing in 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Controlled the game, though not exactly a vintage performance. But in December as the fixtures come thick and fast it's about rotating the squad and grinding out the results, and we did that very well today. Brilliant game management I felt from a young team.

Good to see Praet, JJ (who looked great!) and Hamza get a run out as we will need them in the next few weeks.

Great to have that sort of quality and energy waiting in reserve 

• Like 1