Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

IMO he should keep his place ahead of Chilwell against Watford. Hardly put a foot wrong and looked really dangerous going forwards. His pace might also help out against Sarr of Watford.

Agreed. First half he was sensational, 2nd half he had less attacking moments but played out well and launched a couple of really strong attacks for the team. You couldn't tell he was a right footed left back as he was happy to cross left footed or go inside which is an unusual but potentially useful asset. Great game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. First half he was sensational, 2nd half he had less attacking moments but played out well and launched a couple of really strong attacks for the team. You couldn't tell he was a right footed left back as he was happy to cross left footed or go inside which is an unusual but potentially useful asset. Great game.

Yeah great point he actually played on his weaker foot the whole game, which is very impressive.

Evey time I try to kick the ball with my left foot I fall flat on my arse! lol

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah great point he actually played on his weaker foot the whole game, which is very impressive.

Evey time I try to kick the ball with my left foot I fall flat on my arse! lol

Hahaha that left footed cross 1st half was probably as good as anything Chilwell has whipped in all season. Just a great position for us to be in right now defensively.

• Like 2

So so good tonight, buzzing for the lad as he has shown he deserves a run in the team, did everything you would want in a modern full back, fearless, positive runs and some lovely deliveries, hope he keeps his place for saturday

This lad needs to be starting to put that kind of performance in with the amount of games he has played is amazing. Admittingly Villa were s**t but got forward and was solid at the back. Would like to see him Saturday against  Sarr & co and see how he gets on, definitely got a big future with us. Good bit of business in the summer and for a snip as well.

Home Premier League debuts in front of 32,000 is a lot for a young full back, but JJ took it in his stride. A top performance and barely put a foot wrong.

Ben Chilwell would do very well to up his game, as based on this performance alone, Justin will be breathing down his neck.

Credit to Rodgers, he could've taken the safe option with Fuchs, but gambled on the more attacking Justin. He didn't disappoint, fantastic performance. His role in the build up for the 4th goal was excellent. 

• Like 3