Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

King Power Stadium Set For Spectacular Light Show

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

How many years are we away from popcorn sellers roaming the terraces and some catchy equivalent ‘take me out to the ball game’ type song being played mid-game for everyone to sing along to?

Someone will tell me that we have to be grateful for everything the club does and it shouldn’t be questioned. Beware these people, they are the ones who willingly stand by and watch the sanitisation of football to the point that it’s unrecognisable from traditional football culture.

They will do so having bitten the hook, line and sinker about equality and inclusivity which is actually just a veil for making football more open commercially to a more profitable consumer (the middle class and families). To them, these things are additional expense the club go to out of goodwill and there’s no commercial intent behind it. What dream gullible consumers they are!

To those who know, this is a taming and a dilution of the atmosphere to alienate football’s traditional fan base in favour of tourists and more profitable consumers.

We already have fan cams and those cannon things who fire t-shirts at 300 mph into the crowd lol

3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

How many years are we away from popcorn sellers roaming the terraces and some catchy equivalent ‘take me out to the ball game’ type song being played mid-game for everyone to sing along to?

Someone will tell me that we have to be grateful for everything the club does and it shouldn’t be questioned. Beware these people, they are the ones who willingly stand by and watch the sanitisation of football to the point that it’s unrecognisable from traditional football culture.

They will do so having bitten the hook, line and sinker about equality and inclusivity which is actually just a veil for making football more open commercially to a more profitable consumer (the middle class and families). To them, these things are additional expense the club go to out of goodwill and there’s no commercial intent behind it. What dream gullible consumers they are!

To those who know, this is a taming and a dilution of the atmosphere to alienate football’s traditional fan base in favour of tourists and more profitable consumers.

You forgot to add the...

”come on you foxes” chant from the 7 year old child, pre games in the first season back in the championship.

cringe 😫

Further point... anyone who thinks this is in any way related to the owners is as stupid as you probably need to be not to see why the club is doing something like this (please see previous post).

Someone, somewhere, in the bowels of the King Power Stadium has ‘consumer engagement’ as part of their job description and is tasked with trying to make the fan experience at LCFC as inclusive and family-friendly as possible. Unfortunately, this person wasn’t hired for their creativity and has simply looked around at what other clubs are doing and thought “we better copy that”.

Top’s hardly sat in his KP office in Bangkok and decided that what we need is a light show. So, just to clarify, it’s fine to criticise this without it meaning you’re criticising the owners.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Jeez, it's Christmas!

It's just a light show.

Enjoy your turnip and gruel Christmas dinner, none of this fancy stuff eh? Just as long as you don't sell out.

In fact to make you feel at home maybe the bloke behind you in the crowd might piss down your back. Great tradition that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Good post mate, I'd written mine before I read yours as you had already made most of my points.

Edited by The whole world smiles

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

I’d rather that than the club being unfettered from any scrutiny at all. The club say they’re committed to atmosphere but how does this tangibly improve it? I think it’s more likely to do the opposite by turning away vocal fans who don’t want to see these US style gimmicks.

Aberdeen have struggled with appalling atmospheres for a long time, their former director has returned and immediately dedicated a section to atmosphere, sorted out overzealous stewarding and engaged with vocal groups. At Leicester the club are too worried about snotty emails from potentially moving fans out to create a singing section for the greater good. Wigan is a good start, I hope it’s a roaring success and that club wake up to the reality that they’ll actually have to designate a proper singing section 

And yet the other complaint on this thread is about telling people when and where they can’t do things 

• Haha 1

I suppose they should ban Christmas lights and Blackpool illuminations? Or maybe protect the ‘integrity of the game’ by stopping all innovation and development?

This slippery slope argument is typical of  fans who complain of loud music and clappers. For goodness sake, lighten up,accept it’s a game and find something important to complain about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

I'd like to register my complaints about all the free beers that I can't drink due to being a celiac. Nobody else should get free beer, it's not fair..... life's not fair😭

I mean, that's a terrible comparison. If they were saying "be in your seat by 7:45pm when we will be forcing beer down everyone's throat and you have no choice in this. Please be aware all celiacs should stay away until kick off" is a slightly better comparison.

Try again.

Incredible how relaxed people are when the potential trigger and health issue this could cause doesn't affect them or a family member. Says a lot about you all, tbh.

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
15 hours ago, Stadt said:

I’d rather that than the club being unfettered from any scrutiny at all. The club say they’re committed to atmosphere but how does this tangibly improve it? I think it’s more likely to do the opposite by turning away vocal fans who don’t want to see these US style gimmicks.

Aberdeen have struggled with appalling atmospheres for a long time, their former director has returned and immediately dedicated a section to atmosphere, sorted out overzealous stewarding and engaged with vocal groups. At Leicester the club are too worried about snotty emails from potentially moving fans out to create a singing section for the greater good. Wigan is a good start, I hope it’s a roaring success and that club wake up to the reality that they’ll actually have to designate a proper singing section 

You destroy your own argument.  You say the club are worried about snotty emails and then say they have gave you an area against wigan for singing. They can't just turf 2000 people out of their seats and accommodate a singing section,  the process will take time and need common sense on both sides. Once a door opens slightly its a lot harder to shut and it looks like the club are beginning to listen.  Just be patient and remember setting up the area you want will mean people moving.  Good luck by the way because I'm all for it but fairness must prevail.