Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We don't have the dept in the squad. Which is why he keeps playing the best 11.

Not true. Albrighton and Gray are as good as Barnes. Hamza could come In and do a job as could Fuchs. We have limited cover at cb and for Vardy but have options in other areas. Should have started Hamza and Albrighton today in my opinion.

• Haha 1

We seem to have a Plan A and Plan B that can work to beat the lesser teams in this division. However we are clearly not good enough to play them against the top teams. 

Desperately need to figure out a way to play against these teams. We are not on their level and it's clear that we can't deal with the press and talent that these teams can call upon. 

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Don’t need a reality check we are talking about the game 

it’s not a how far we have progressed or how well we have done this season thread.

hence the negativity.

it was a gutless performance.

watford gave them more of a game away last week.

its not the result it’s the manner of the performance.

It appears a number of members are talking about Rodgers and his overall management, not just about tonights game, your as bad as the Leicester fans who left the game early....

58 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I do think the idea we can't get top four is ridiculous.  It's not nailed on by any stretch but we won't play teams like Man City and Liverpool every week and many so called top sides are still wavering. It's on - but we have to bounce back from this awful humbling

The issue I am concerned about is confidence, its going to be interesting how we perform in the next game, if we a bag of nerves or perform like newcastle and southampton games.  I expect it will be cagey but even if it is that we have the quality to win it.

13 minutes ago, simon matts said:

Beaten by two great teams, still 2nd and some fans need a reality check. I remember travelling and watching us at Yeovil Town not so long ago, how far we have come as a club, I am still in dreamland, we will bounce back.

No there was more to it than that, we looked devoid of energy, no pressing, no movement off the ball. Youri has been woeful, BR hasn't spotted tactical in game issues and corrected it. I think we have players that are better than the past few displays. There's problems and there's nothing wrong with being concerned

We are basically a midtable outfit that beat the stats and the law of averages for a bit. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

What we got out of it was a half-season free from the spectre of relegation, which is excellent, and the chase for Europe will probably go right up till the end of the season now which is good too. We will need another 10 wins to achieve that, hard to see where they are coming from at the moment, but it is still possible.

• Haha 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

No there was more to it than that, we looked devoid of energy, no pressing, no movement off the ball. Youri has been woeful, BR hasn't spotted tactical in game issues and corrected it. I think we have players that are better than the past few displays. There's problems and there's nothing wrong with being concerned

I believe your concerns are not justified and we will beat The Hammers and back on track.

You don’t go on a run like Liverpool have without being an excellent side, that said aside from putting the ball in our own net we did pretty much all we could to help them out. 

We looked incredibly naive at times with our individual decision making and just as we had started to get a grip we gave away the penalty and wilted.

The football juggernauts of Liverpool and Man City can rotate players when they need a big performance we’re not on that level,  our starting eleven are good enough most weeks but the last two games we’ve just been steamrolled. 

At the start of the season I wouldn’t consider putting out a second string for Wigan but I think our midfield and Vardy would appreciate a week off. 

An embarrassing, disgusting, joke of a performance.

Again we weren’t good enough, regardless of ‘how good’ Man City or Liverpool are/were we have to look at ourselves and ask were we good enough? The answer is no. 

People need to look at the bigger picture aswell I’m not just angry because we lost to Man City and Liverpool, it’s been happening for the last 6 games league games (5 - take Villa out of the equation, I rated that performance although think that says a lot about Villa) but we managed to get away with it against Everton, Watford and well a draw against Norwich (credit to them they deserved the point - if not more in all honesty). 

I don’t wanna blame the manager of pick individuals out but it’s the way it is and the situation we are in (in terms of form before someone points out we’re 2nd, I know that and that is great but on current form...) we are carrying a few players, I think a few players need to look in the mirror. As for Rodgers say what you like about Puel (and I’m was one of his biggest critics) these last 2 performances and tactics wouldn’t have happened under him - we may have underperformed in all the other games however :crylaugh: 

I know I’ve gone on about being poor for the last 5 of 6 league games but the last 2 games certainly we played and set up as if we’re a team playing lower in the league trying to stay up - happy to defend and get whatever we can out of the game - in fact those ‘type’ of teams would show more fight I believe.

Luckily Chelsea, Man Utd and Tottenham are a lot worse meaning we are where we are with Man City slightly better than us but not up to the standards they’ve set and then in all honesty I don’t think Liverpool have been that good on a whole - just similar to when we won the league everyone else hasn’t turned up.

I’ve said it since we’ve been underperforming and I’ll say it again - hopefully we can use this a positive, something to learn from, make us more aggressive and angry with points to prove, help us push on but we’ve yet to do so - hopefully we sort that and get back into some form on Saturday.