Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not true. Albrighton and Gray are as good as Barnes. Hamza could come In and do a job as could Fuchs. We have limited cover at cb and for Vardy but have options in other areas. Should have started Hamza and Albrighton today in my opinion.

Albrighton offers effort. Gray hasn't done anything in 4 years and not likely too both need to move on. Barnes has talent but needs a spell in the 3 rd tier where he gets a kicking. He's too nice for his own good. I said before the game Hamza should have started. The rest of the squad are make shift. Which is why they're not getting a chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Seriously though. 

People leaving early at 3 then 4 nil down? Why? 

First time weve lost at home all season and the towel got thrown in, heads dropped. 

It’s Boxing Day, get back to your families and relax. We were not in the game in any sense

Just now, Kopfkino said:

Maybe people had other things they could be doing instead of watching us chase shadows and begging for the end of the game. 

Honestly this authoritarian bollocks about how fans should behave is getting really really boring. 

You know that's nonsense though right? 

• Like 1

Did we bottle it? On their day both Man City and Liverpool would beat us but why were we so abject in both games? You can question Rodgers set up but unforced errors, particularly in the first half tonight made us look like boys v men. Overawed by both teams and the expectation of the fans?

Certainly a reality check but I would question the backbone of our team and the lack of fight. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, twister said:

I think 2019 2020 liverpool and simeones 2014 team maybe the fittest football teams I have ever seen.

the press of their team is insane, their running stats week in week out are through the roof.

Looked effortless.

They just waited for us to give them the ball back.

KS' kicking was shocking tonight.

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Maybe people had other things they could be doing instead of watching us chase shadows and begging for the end of the game. 

Honestly this authoritarian bollocks about how fans should behave is getting really really boring. 

Just think about it though. 

Not lost at home all season then that happens. Poor from us. 

A poor performance by most. Soyuncu, Praet and Ricardo the only ones that I would score above 5.

We gave them so much time on the ball, and lack of pressure that they could adopt a 253 formation most of the time. 

I date the decline in our performances to when Keletchi had his brain fart against Norwich. Since then no ones head is right.

We need a better performance against West Ham, by a mile, and some squad rotation. 352 may be good with Fuchs in a back 3. 

3 minutes ago, twister said:

I think 2019 2020 liverpool and simeones 2014 team maybe the fittest football teams I have ever seen.

the press of their team is insane, their running stats week in week out are through the roof.

I'm sure were one of the best in terms of pressing, tonight and man city no but I'm sure theres an article knocking about on how sustained our press is. 

Just now, SheppyFox said:

I remember when we started doing well under Rodgers, I posted something along the lines of “spare me the positivity, a couple of losses and you lot will be unhappy” or something to that effect. I never thought however you whiny pansies would be moaning so much about being second and losing to MC and Liverpool. You’re very laughable.

A lot of overreaction on here, although we've been poor recently. Lets judge us after our next two away trips.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

I remember when we started doing well under Rodgers, I posted something along the lines of “spare me the positivity, a couple of losses and you lot will be unhappy” or something to that effect. I never thought however you whiny pansies would be moaning so much about being second and losing to MC and Liverpool. You’re very laughable.

Well said, totally agree

• Like 1

That was a tough tough night and another massive learning curve. We’ve looked tired for a while now which is the only reason I can fathom why we have dropped our pressing off the edge of a cliff. Having these two games back to back was always going to be a huge test. The frustration is we know we can do better. Even that probably wouldn’t be enough but it would be more competitive. We have been schooled the past two games. That’s the level we need to work to get to!! Barnes had a stinker - bottled every header and every challenge. Looks like like he has no belief in his ability at all. The hard reality is that Barnes, Gray, Albrighton are not good enough for a side competing for Champions League football. Perez has ability but is learning the role of an inside forward. We need a couple of wingers to take the focus away from Maddison and Tielemans, who looks jaded! We need two wingers I think, we have to try for one in January. Nobody said it would be easy, it’s Leicester after all. We have to believe we can sustain this position. Plenty to be optimistic about for 2020. 

Just now, SheppyFox said:

Give it a rest, it's a football forum to discuss the teams performance good or bad. It's not the loss but the manner in which we loss, do you not agree there's been a significant dip in per fief since Norwich? Discuss

• Like 4

Outclassed, outfought, outthought and utterly outplayed for the second time in a week.

We were absolutely dreadful tonight. Feeble, nervous, error-ridden. Never mind the obvious quality of the opposition, I was shocked, I honestly never believed this team could play so poorly.

It seems that we have too many flimsy players who lack the physical strength and aggression to compete with the very best - Maddison, Perez, Chilwell and, worst of all, Barnes.

I seriously worry about the effect this thrashing will have on the team for the coming games. If we do not finish in the top four after our first half of the season, it will be a crushing disappointment. There is no getting away from that. We have to bounce back quickly.

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Not the defeat, more the manner of it tonight, after the pen they capitulated, these foxes did give up tonight, that is what I found really hurt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Albrighton offers effort. Gray hasn't done anything in 4 years and not likely too both need to move on. Barnes has talent but needs a spell in the 3 rd tier where he gets a kicking. He's too nice for his own good. I said before the game Hamza should have started. The rest of the squad are make shift. Which is why they're not getting a chance.

I agree our options are limited and we need a new cb and winger in Jan. My point was that Barnes has potential but is currently no better than Gray or Albrighton. His stats have  been boosted by the Southampton game but as a whole, hes not been great this season. I like Barnes and think he has a big future but keep playing him when hes clearly not playing well is a mistake and could really ruin his confidence. I agree about Gray but at the moment, Gray wouldn't be any worse than Barnes. Hamza 100% should have played today. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Seriously though. 

People leaving early at 3 then 4 nil down? Why? 

First time weve lost at home all season and the towel got thrown in, heads dropped. 

Personally because I overdid it yesterday, spent most of last night in bed with stomach cramps before spending the best part of an hour throwing up. Finally got to sleep around 7 this morning woke up at 1pm and had survived all day on a diet of toast and orange squash. 

Although I felt like crap I made my way down to the KP, got behind the lads but was literally shivering when the third went in so yes I walked out, sorry!!

I would have got a Doctor’s note but I thought the NHS walk in centre would be a little busy. 

And before anyone post’s the much repeated ‘You must be livid mate’ reply I’ll save you the effort, yes I f’in well am! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I voted Conservative as did most of the Country to keep the Marxists and Trotts out, why don't you keep politics out of it. I couldn't care less about Liverpool, our performance was problematic for some reason, that's what I care about

Then you put that atrocious toe rag Johnson back into no.10 . At least Liverpool has that in common with Leicester, they hate him ,even if we a way behind them on form at the moment.