Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

No question, we have just been given a footballing lesson, but by the best two sides in the world. It is important that this young, talented team do not panic. Rodgers must ensure this does not happen. The next game at West Ham will be a more important yardstick as to which direction this team is headed in the second half of the season than the last two. Let's see.

16 minutes ago, Sand cats said:

Disappointed by Rodgers, with previous managers Leicester was the team who give a beating to the big clubs like Man City and Liverpool even being in mid table level.

Because you'd rather we beat "big teams" and finish tenth than finishing in the top four?

3 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Was it a penalty? I don't even know what it was for.

Oliver was looking to give a penalty Liverpool got away with a number of fouls elbows etc but still doesn’t take it away that we were embarrassed at home by the champions elect !!

But still really hoping they do a slippy Gxx xx and Fuch it all up !!

• Like 1

Just now, oxtonfox said:

BR being careful not to admit the basic errors that have been so costly. I hope he's not as blind as he says but I guess hes just protecting the players. LOoking at the subs though we have no game changers so he has few options really. 

Reason the get that much needed winger in January 

Just now, justfoxes said:

Oliver was looking to give a penalty Liverpool got away with a number of fouls elbows etc but still doesn’t take it away that we were embarrassed at home by the champions elect !!

But still really hoping they do a slippy Gxx xx and Fuch it all up !!

I think Klopp is a quality manager but there’s something’s about livarpool which makes me want them to bottle it, Robertson is a dirty b*stard and their fans are mainly pricks, Man City need to win every game from now as we’ve no chance 

Just now, oxtonfox said:

BR being careful not to admit the basic errors that have been so costly. I hope he's not as blind as he says but I guess hes just protecting the players. LOoking at the subs though we have no game changers so he has few options really. 

Hamza made a difference. Should have started. 

4-2-3-1

Wilf and Hamza stick and protect the back 4, giving Tielemans, Maddison and Perez the freedom to support Vardy. 

The fact is we have a great young team but it isn't yet finished. We're two wingers short for a start - Barnes perhaps can be one of those (or a number ten) in the future but he can't be expected to just turn it on straight away. We need to invest quite heavily on those two positions to really push ourselves on.

We're second for the moment and still in with a good shot at champions League football. We've got a chance next month to fix some flaws in the squad.

Onwards and upwards.

14 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

New Year coming new players in coming ( hopefully!!) 

many folk don’t rate Chilwell think he’s found out far too often but last 2 games have shown he’s been targeted by Manc City & Scouserpool so do we have to worry do we need to find him a decent bit of competition?

Teally hope Brendan can sort this spiralling defeat mentality out very soon thought we’d be top 5 this season if were not careful we’ll be just hoverboard on top 10?

Talk about reactionary.

Not sure this is the best comparison I’ve ever made, mainly due to it being well..with arsenal. 

But.

In much more recent years Arsenal (under Wenger) were consistently schooled and battered (home+away) by the ‘big clubs’ and by much worse sides than we’ve just played. Yet every year they finished top four. These sorts of games won’t define our season, it’s how we react against WH that is now key for me. 

Improvement all over the park needed big time, been a huge reality check tonight but I believe we have the squad and management to bounce back quickly.

• Like 2

Not that bothered, Rodgers always steamrolled the weak teams in Scotland and got unstuck against the good teams in Europe. He’s doing the same in the PL, which has got us to the position we are in. Being a flat track bully is far better than the ‘Robin Hood’ opposite which we were to some extent under Puel. If we can keep winning against the lower teams it’ll be fine. Hopefully we don’t bottle top 4.

• Like 2