Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

Poor against Man C and for the most part tonight. We needed a reaction and we were starting to get it when the pen was given. A real psychological kick in the teeth that. Same in the Man C match.

A collective chin - up,  better performance along with some breaks that will come our way (law of averages) and we'll be fine.

Rodgers to blame today. Cant keep playing the same players with the hectic schedule we have. I love Brendan and hes doing an amazing job but he got it badly wrong tonight in team selection, tactics and just about everything. Mahrez destroyed us down our left against Man C and Trent did the same today. No shame in losing to the best 2 teams in the league but making the same mistakes tactically and in team selection  2 games in a row is a worry. Big decisions for the West Ham game and I'll be really pissed off if he doesn't make at least 3 or 4 changes, for the sake of the players as much as anything. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Hamza made a difference. Should have started. 

4-2-3-1

Wilf and Hamza stick and protect the back 4, giving Tielemans, Maddison and Perez the freedom to support Vardy. 

Yep not a bad shout though some of these guys are out of form and I don't think Rogdgers dare replace them. 

Edited by oxtonfox
Spell

Hopefully this will encourage anybody within the club that is satisfied with the squad that we actually need to spend and get a couple of new players in jan. This week might actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise at the end of the season.

Rodgers appears to be set in his ways of playing style with a couple of players that arent suitable for that system in these big games. Pep did the same when he first went into man city and was tough for them with unsuitable full backs but they persevered and got the players that better suited the system. Hopefully Players like ndidi, maddison and chilwell will look back at weeks like this in the future as a motivation to work even harder to get to that next level. 

Also let's not forget, that has taken klopp 4 years to get these players to this level. A few savvy windows with rodgers and carrying on our upward curve and the future is still very bright 

Edited by North Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Rodgers to blame today. Cant keep playing the same players with the hectic schedule we have. I love Brendan and hes doing an amazing job but he got it badly wrong tonight in team selection, tactics and just about everything. Mahrez destroyed us down our left against Man C and Trent did the same today. No shame in losing to the best 2 teams in the league but making the same mistakes tactically and in team selection  2 games in a row is a worry. Big decisions for the West Ham game and I'll be really pissed off if he doesn't make at least 3 or 4 changes, for the sake of the players as much as anything. 

We don't have the dept in the squad. Which is why he keeps playing the best 11.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simon matts said:

Beaten by two great teams, still 2nd and some fans need a reality check. I remember travelling and watching us at Yeovil Town not so long ago, how far we have come as a club, I am still in dreamland, we will bounce back.

Don’t need a reality check we are talking about the game 

it’s not a how far we have progressed or how well we have done this season thread.

hence the negativity.

it was a gutless performance.

watford gave them more of a game away last week.

its not the result it’s the manner of the performance.

• Like 2

We weren't great but frankly we weren't allowed to be. Liverpool's press was insanely good, spend more than a second on the ball and they were on you. Liverpool and Man City were miles better than everyone else last season and they still are. They both played really well against us and we and frankly everyone else in the division aren't good enough to go toe to toe with them when they play like that. The next two games against midtable fodder is the more important test. 

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Lee Dickson has just said that Rogers doesn't know how to change the game during play. And he's right. You can't look at the first half and do nothing. So poor from him.

It was pointed out by Carragher and Redknapp and now Dickson has highlighted that we had issues and BR hasn't spotted it. It's a concern. Also criticism of Youri which I think has substance. I would drop youri against West Ham and play Praet with Albrighton on the right, I wasn't happy seeing Perez all smiles at the end with the Liverpool players so I'd leave him out as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Rodgers wants to take these sides on which is admirable but it is time to be pragmatic, sit deep and look to hit them. We give far too much space in the centre and out wide and it is hurting us.

Tactics were shocking today.

If it wasn’t obvious before kick off that the tactics were wrong it was obvious after about 40 seconds when Alexander-Arnold had acres of space to get off a shot.

That it took him an hour to change it is hard to fathom. Even then it was like-for-like.

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Corky said:

Rodgers wants to take these sides on which is admirable but it is time to be pragmatic, sit deep and look to hit them. We give far too much space in the centre and out wide and it is hurting us.

No use hiding from the truth , Rodgers has made the same mistake - TWICE - that is a very worrying trend.

27 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

Brendan aint all that is he. Dont get me wrong he has been great for us but at both Liverpool and Celtic before us, his record against good teams is terrible and he has been properly shown up the last two games. Liverpool have mugged us off today and we're lucky they didn't get closer to taking our record for biggest away win. A very bad day, more pragmatism needed i think, it was an embarrassment as bad as any we've had for a while.

He is great against the weaker teams though probably about as good as a manager we could get.

We have been terrible against the two best EPL teams, but all of the mid table teams, envy us right now.

His test is for sure though if he can pick us back up or if we going to tumble down the table.  Thankfully Chelsea are imploding.  Spurs also cant win their big games so hopefully we can at least match spurs PPG.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It was pointed out by Carragher and Redknapp and now Dickson has highlighted that we had issues and BR hasn't spotted it. It's a concern. Also criticism of Youri which I think has substance. I would drop youri against West Ham and play Praet with Albrighton on the right, I wasn't happy seeing Perez all smiles at the end with the Liverpool players so I'd leave him out as well

Someone from Liverpool told me BR only knows one way to play and when it doesn't work he's lost. That's become obvious in several games.

Liverpool played 3 different patterns against us today trying to get on top of us. Eventually they found the way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Because you'd rather we beat "big teams" and finish tenth than finishing in the top four?

But finishing in top 4 without being able to beat the big clubs won't help in the CL, Top 4 should reflect the true team quality and being in here you're not allowed to perform with an inferiority complex or passivity.

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

And swapping shirts on the pitch after such a battering...

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Perez and Chilwell looked like they had won 4-0 at the end of the game, as they laughed and hugged the Liverpool players. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Tell you what annoys me...High fiving and shaking hands with the opposition before the game!!  It's nonsense, you're going to war for gods sake!!!

Roy Keane was talking about this recently and I agree with him. No way a Fergie team would be doing this before a game. 

• Like 1