Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Bad result and embarrassing performance but do you know what's even worse? The reaction by some of our members on the match thread. 

"We nee to rebuild in january"

" this squad needs serious investment"

"Will be lucky yo finish 8th"

We're Leicester fuching city, 10 points clear of 5th half way through the season on a two game losing spell from a pair of the best teams in europe. Some of you need to wind your fuching necks in. 

People are just fickle. We had a bad game. It happens. Liverpool were outstanding.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Look we got hammered, yes they were the better team but it's no a coincidence that Michael Oliver was the refferee a full blooded Liverpool fan.

Also he was the Ref for the Liverpool vs Man city game.

See something similar.

IMG_20191226_214851.jpg

Completely pisses me off this. Yes they were much better than us but that doesnt get given and ours does

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Torten said:

Apologies for my relentless optimism but if you told me that after 19 games we’d be sitting in 2nd with our only three losses being to Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd, id have snapped your arm off. As awful as today was, we need to remember that getting top 4 doesn’t necessarily depend on beating the likes of Liverpool and Man City, it requires bullying the weaker teams; Arsenal were masters at this up to a few years ago.

Come on the lads for West Ham!!!!!!

We ain’t getting top 4, it’s half time in the league and we look fvcked, and there ain’t no holidays coming up.

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Maybe others just see slightly further ahead than you. 

Come back to me at the end or the season when we don't make the CL.

Gutless, lazy and sub standard. 

Or maybe some folk just got too far ahead of THEMSELVES. 

Start of the season, most folk were talking about top 6. 10/15 good games and those same people are talking about us being title contenders, lose two games and we are mid table? It's hilarious. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

We are where we are in the league and that’s brilliant

But I’m struggling to think of a more inept Leicester City performance for years?

Puel's last game back in Feb where Crystal Palace pumped us at home? The Newport effort a couple of weeks before that? Losing to a ten man Southampton at the King Power within the same period? Bottling it against Cardiff in front of our own fans? Let's not act as if this is the end of days for crying out loud, stop being so melodramatic. Tonight was rubbish but it's happened before, and it's happened recently, against worse sides than Liverpool. The scorelines might not have been as dramatic but we've put in worse.

• Like 4

The beginning of the end. Last 5 league games we have been awful. We won badly against Everton and Watford. Norwich was disgusting. Man City and then this. We cannot accept it as supporters. How is it possible to play so well all season and then go to not showing up or showing any passion. The press has long gone - looked great against Norwich for the first 5 minutes and then we gave up and dropped off. The players should be ashamed of themselves. I’ll accept losing against Liverpool but not getting thumped at home.

• Like 1

I always remember that day in 2008 when Lcfc got relegated to league 1, at times like this fans are prown to emotional reactions, sure we weren't great tonight, but we weren't allowed to be, at the start of the season I'd have been buzzing to finish top 6, expectations, let's not over react due to three mediocre performances. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After how good the first 15 games were, only Leicester City would manage to make the Christmas period so ****ing depressing lol 

We really need to remember how to play footy again or we can kiss goodbye to top 6 let alone top 4. Go and **** your self Leicester. Proper fuming at that hideous display. 

Just now, silebyboy said:

Maybe you’re right. I’ve played competitive sports and have never felt remotely like smiling after being on the end of an arse kicking before though. I guess I just want to see that the players are as pissed off with the performance as I am. 
I’m really pleased with the season as a whole though, so don’t worry, I’m not about to start slating any of the players. 

Good man. It was hard to watch that match, I admit, but much as we look tired and out of form, that was one amazing opponent. 

• Like 2

Nothing positive about that debacle. 2 in a row totally outclassed - poor passing, poor decisions etc.  Tielemans and Maddison look like they've both hit a wall.  I think it's time to give Chilwell a break too. Even Ricardo was a little off.  It's too bad because when the spotlight got turned on them - they wilted in an ugly way.  But they'd have been crap against anyone today - it just so happened that it had to be against one of the best teams in the world with everyone watching.

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Beaten twice in a week by the reigning Champions of England and Europe.

Yep. So if Top wants to see us secure a regular  spot in any type of European competition and keep players from having their heads turned....

Spend baby, spend.... or rather invest baby invest. We need a creative forward who can score.... we get one of those who can hit the ground running we stay top four.

Awful performance, comprehensively outplayed for the second match in a row. A bit worryingly we are on a poor run of form with the Norwich draw, needing penalties against Everton and then last year's pace setters pummeling us. Need to get back to winning ways against West Ham, but I think this will be tricky as Vardy will either be rested or on new dad duty.

Hopefully this is just our blip as most teams have a bad patch, but the last few games have been a serious wake up call to where we are.

Still so much to play for this season though, so keep the faith!

• Like 2

Just now, TeaMen Tom said:

Nothing positive about that debacle. 2 in a row totally outclassed - poor passing, poor decisions etc.  Tielemans and Maddison look like they've both hit a wall.  I think it's time to give Chilwell a break too. Even Ricardo was a little off.  It's too bad because when the spotlight got turned on them - they wilted in an ugly way.  But they'd have been crap against anyone today - it just so happened that it had to be against one of the best teams in the world with everyone watching.

Think you're right, too many players running on empty in the last few games. It's understandable, but it's definitely affected our performances.