Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Bad result and embarrassing performance but do you know what's even worse? The reaction by some of our members on the match thread. 

"We nee to rebuild in january"

" this squad needs serious investment"

"Will be lucky yo finish 8th"

We're Leicester fuching city, 10 points clear of 5th half way through the season on a two game losing spell from a pair of the best teams in europe. Some of you need to wind your fuching necks in. 

Maybe others just see slightly further ahead than you. 

Come back to me at the end or the season when we don't make the CL.

Gutless, lazy and sub standard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

the main issue appears to be the complete lack of learning and adapting. 

i said at about 5 past 7 in the pre match thread this is going to be a disaster because they have the best right back in world football and we are not playing a left winger. it’s just common sense. and that’s been twice in 5 days that has happened. 

they are so much better than everyone else and that’s fine. we were probably always going to lose. but come on, there was no need to literally give it to them like that. 

Spot on. TAA had the freedom of the right flank when he’s their most creative player. Baffling tactics.

Apologies for my relentless optimism but if you told me that after 19 games we’d be sitting in 2nd with our only three losses being to Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd, id have snapped your arm off. As awful as today was, we need to remember that getting top 4 doesn’t necessarily depend on beating the likes of Liverpool and Man City, it requires bullying the weaker teams; Arsenal were masters at this up to a few years ago.

Come on the lads for West Ham!!!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

Ha ha. Christ what an over-reaction.

We don’t ‘roll over’ against these teams.

We try to match them, and we’re not good enough to do that yet. 

Didn't say we are relegation fodder, said we played like and I'm well hyped for you trying to dispute that lol

We were pathetic. Coaching staff ****ed it, players ****ed it

We are physically weak. 

So, so many times we got out muscled which led to no attack from us and big opportunities for them. 

Still unbelievably proud of what we've done so far this season and things are looking good. 

This is probably one our best ever starting line ups and we have been extremely well beaten by an unbelievable side that I hate with a passion, but they are probably the best all round side I've ever seen us face. 

Can anybody recall a game where we've been so outplayed? 

• Like 2

If anything, we've shown how shit the rest of the league is. Need to hope we can regain some confidence and beat the rest. I ain't confident we've got top 4 yet, need to add quality in Jan. 

I can't be arsed dissecting the performance. We were shit and they were too good for us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

They were the better team.  We were still in it until the penalty.  Big team decision.  What more could Soyuncu do to get his hand out of the way ?    His hand was only in an unnatural position because he was trying to get it out of the way.

Usually they dont get given, but Liverpool getting all 50/50 penalty decisions this season.

Didn’t understand a lot about tonight.

Barnes playing the whole match on the right when you could probably count on one hand the amount of times he’s played there in his career.

Albrighton on the right when it should be clear he only effective on the left.

Pérez on the left when he’s never played there either when he could have swapped with Albrighton and solved both issues

Maddison shunted on the left for most of the match, bringing him inside for a few minutes then subbing him off.

• Like 2

Hardly any mention of the penalty incident as yet, which killed the game.

Yes, we were poor, but still in the game at a goal down.  Then they get another gift of a penalty.  

How that was hand to ball is beyond me.  Short of actually seeing his arm drop off, I'm not sure how he could of got it out of the way.  

They are where they are so many points clear because, although they are decent, they've have their fair share of decisions go for them, and then a shed load more.

We kicked Southampton’s arses much worse than this.  If they can bounce back to get the result they got earlier today, we can bounce back much quicker and higher.

Now we’ll see what Brendan Rodgers has to offer this club.

• Like 3

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Fine. I suspect you're upset, and little things like someone smiling courteously at his opponent in defeat seems a big deal. 

Maybe you’re right. I’ve played competitive sports and have never felt remotely like smiling after being on the end of an arse kicking before though. I guess I just want to see that the players are as pissed off with the performance as I am. 
I’m really pleased with the season as a whole though, so don’t worry, I’m not about to start slating any of the players. 

5 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

2nd. Last 4 of league cup. Hammers and toon next up. Win both and we're in a great position going into the FA Cup and league cup Semi. Relax and enjoy the ride. Not too long ago the ride was Hereford United away, for a reality check.

It's entirely possible that both West Ham and Newcastle will beat us on current form. Then where will our position be..?