Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

“All going to plan”

Nobody be concerned, we are great, Barnes is great, all is great.

Lose or not, at least be competitive FFS.

This is a test for Rodgers for sure, 7 goals conceded in 2 games minus 6 goal difference lost, and a need to get back to a high points average quickly.

The speech to give is to tell the players we wont be playing Liverpool again this season.  To forget the game.

Just now, Dirkster the Fox said:

We looked like a team who’ve played 3 games a week for ages and just had to travel 6500 miles round trip.

oh, hang on.......

As if they've flown economy with EasyJet...

They've had a week and a half jolly in lovely weather playing two friendlies while the rest of the league works their arse off playing 3 times a week.

Not being funny but theres no way that's fair.

1 minute ago, dooflip said:

The beginning of the end. Last 5 league games we have been awful. We won badly against Everton and Watford. Norwich was disgusting. Man City and then this. We cannot accept it as supporters. How is it possible to play so well all season and then go to not showing up or showing any passion. The press has long gone - looked great against Norwich for the first 5 minutes and then we gave up and dropped off. The players should be ashamed of themselves. I’ll accept losing against Liverpool but not getting thumped at home.

Too right, how dare we accept it?! Let's get down the ground. Bring the Sharpies, I'll bring the card, we'll get some "sack the board" signs going. 

A young team going through a tough patch, it's scandalous.

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

That was as bad a performance as I've ever seen or watched. Bar a few players that was unacceptable for us. If Puel had been manager we would have ripped into the forum. 

If Puel was manager we wouldn't be 2nd. BR still has plenty of credit remaining, but he needs to start learning and adapting because he has a blind spot when it comes to setting up against the big clubs.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Third.

Thank you 

We definitely need to collect yourself and yes that was a pathetic and embarrassing performance. The whole world was watching and we wilted like a poisioned flower. But we are in a great position to absorb a slump. 

8 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Look we got hammered, yes they were the better team but it's no a coincidence that Michael Oliver was the refferee a full blooded Liverpool fan.

Also he was the Ref for the Liverpool vs Man city game.

See something similar.

IMG_20191226_214851.jpg

I said before the game we would get screwed over.

We got screwed over.

• Like 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If Puel was manager we wouldn't be 2nd. BR still has plenty of credit remaining, but he needs to start learning and adapting because he has a blind spot when it comes to setting up against the big clubs.

Well he has been in the SPL for a while which has no games like this.  Liverpool fans also warned us he could never setup for the big games for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Good man. It was hard to watch that match, I admit, but much as we look tired and out of form, that was one amazing opponent. 

I agree completely. My solitary post in the match thread was words to the effect of being beaten by the better team and having no complaints. 

Going into this season, I was hoping for a top 6 finish. I’m now hoping for top 4, so reflecting on the season so far, I’m very happy indeed. 

• Like 1

The problem with Leicester/B.R. is too much tikki Takka and not enough direct football & esp in the last 1/4 of the opposition - just wasting all that tikki takka build up if you're just going to chip it into the box. Might be okay against the bottom feeders but won't work against top sides.

What a weak, limp d*cked performance. To go with Man City, Utd and

x2 Liverpool. Rodgers has to share the blame. Hamza was our best player last season against Man City & Liverpool, yet Rodgers refuses to play him until we were 3-0 down. On top of that he plays guys like Barnes and Perez, players who've got the backbone of a wet paper bag. We got what we deserved. 

• Like 4

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yes I was not saying BR has massive credit in the bank but as a performance, it was probably as worse as some of the Puel games and mainly in the commitment and belief. We lost virtually all the 50:50s but yes we must move on. 

1 minute ago, Sand cats said:

Disappointed by Rodgers, with previous managers Leicester was the team who give a beating to the big clubs like Man City and Liverpool even being in mid table level.

So you'd rather be mid table?...or do you mean Liverpool were mid table?

Edited by purpleronnie

16 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You are deluding yourself sadly. You know in your heart of hearts that we all expected at least to be competitive even if we lost. But simply put, we were spanked in both games and the margins of defeat could have been far worse. We have been abject in both games, not just tactically but worse still in lacking any fire. 

Fair points, and abject is the right word. Just wanted to inject some perspective and positivity to the debate as I'm not a fan of any sort of negative energy. 

I still believe these defeats are important though - we should be learning from them. 

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yep. So if Top wants to see us secure a regular  spot in any type of European competition and keep players from having their heads turned....

Spend baby, spend.... or rather invest baby invest. We need a creative forward who can score.... we get one of those who can hit the ground running we stay top four.

Indeed; funnily enough we've got a transfer window coming up in a few days so I should hope we've got our targets in our sights. We've a decent history of getting players in January so I'm confident. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

So you'd rather be mid table?...or do you mean Liverpool were mid table?

I think he means we took some steps forward but also one step back.

We havent finished the season yet so we cant assume we will finish top 4 either, I wasnt expecting us to play as bad in these 2 games and concede 7 goals, Liverpool havent been playing well for a couple of months.

The team's confidence will be shot.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Thanks 1