Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

Luckily we had a decent enough points gap to keep us in a decent position after these 2 losses. The rest of the league is very inconsistent this season so if we keep picking up points in the next few weeks teams around us teams like spurs Utd wolves etc will no doubt drop a few even Chelsea have been aweful. One or 2 signings in jam to freshen up the squad a bit and push on again for the second half of the season with hopefully a cup final and top 4 at the end of it 

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We were pitiful.

Say what you like about the opposition, we would have lost to any side in the league playing like that.

we literally got played off the park playing a similar system against norwich. 

and again last week. 

and now against a team better than the last two put together we tried the same thing again. 

quite upset i even chose to watch it tbh. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

As if they've flown economy with EasyJet...

They've had a week and a half jolly in lovely weather playing two friendlies while the rest of the league works their arse off playing 3 times a week.

Not being funny but theres no way that's fair.

I presume you’re being sarcastic?

Liverpool played 2 games in 4 days with a decent degree of meaning (globally), won both, travelled 1000’s miles to do it and still looked as fresh as a field of daisies.

WE LOOKED KNACKERED AFTER 20 MINS.......whilst travelling to Manchester and back (and 1 game less).

That was men v boys.....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Puel drawn against pool and beat Man City in his final season as a reminder.

I dont get the diss he gets.

It was probably all those boring home defeats and draws against poor teams, who we're now beating 9 times out of 10, that got people a bit down.

I'm assuming the pre match meeting went something like:

Allow their world class wide players the freedom of the park like you did against man city when we got battered, but with less fight this time. Then, hope they're so jet lagged they can't move and then we'll reassess in the 85th minute. 

Yes they're world class, but it would've been nice to give them a match of some sort.

Only positive is that no one can tired for Saturday. 

Edited by sdb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

I presume you’re being sarcastic?

Liverpool played 2 games in 4 days with a decent degree of meaning (globally), won both, travelled 1000’s miles to do it and still looked as fresh as a field of daisies.

WE LOOKED KNACKERED AFTER 20 MINS.......whilst travelling to Manchester and back (and 1 game less).

That was men v boys.....

Yeah must be so difficult flying in a private jet to play some no marks in a friendly in gorgeous weather. Heart goes out to them. Poor sods.

Edited by AKCJ

1 minute ago, TeaMen Tom said:

On the positive side I thought Praet and Evans were decent and Barnes was OK - I was surprised that he got subbed off first.  Soyuncu was ok handball aside.  Getting outclassed in the MF two in a row by the best sides is troubling.  

Barnes had no bite.

If you thought he was ok, look how much better Albrighton was when he came on.  That was the one thing Rodgers got right in the game, but really Albrighton probably should have started.

Tielemans was aweful as he has been for every single big game, starting to understand why he didnt work at his previous club.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Make no mistake Liverpool are miles better than us and will win the league . But over the last handful of games it’s just looks like Rogers has been trying to be too clever mixing up random formations with random players. 

Really hope they slip up in the New Year !!

• Like 1

Brendan aint all that is he. Dont get me wrong he has been great for us but at both Liverpool and Celtic before us, his record against good teams is terrible and he has been properly shown up the last two games. Liverpool have mugged us off today and we're lucky they didn't get closer to taking our record for biggest away win. A very bad day, more pragmatism needed i think, it was an embarrassment as bad as any we've had for a while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Steven said:

Oh dear! :nigel: Is it me or is Rodgers showing signs of over thinking the teams and tactics in the last few games?  :unsure: :ph34r: :huh:

We've played our normal system vs Man City and then vs Liverpool, the system we played against all the big clubs at the start of the season. If anything, he over thought the tactics vs Everton, Villa, Watford and Norwich where he kept tinkering but we won 3 of those and drew the other. 

The warning signs of us hitting a dip has been there now in the run up to December and we simply have to smash through it. We've made mistakes but it happens and we need to learn from it.

Our wingbacks were pinned back the whole game.

Liverpool had time on the ball and always seem to have a spare man free.

everytime we broke it was slow and dithering and would normally result in passes backwards.

from the first 2 minutes it was like we had the confidence sucked out of us.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

So you'd rather be mid table?

No but while i appreciate the team improvement in the table standings i don't want it to lose it's ability to win important games against the big teams like this one, Leicester won the league especially because it have beaten the big teams.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bubble+burst+gif&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgrc=SMn12qFZ80HuCM:

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah must be so difficult flying in a private jet to play some no marks in a friendly in gorgeous weather. Heart goes out to them. Poor sods.

Yeah must be so difficult travelling 100 miles on a luxury coach, to play 1 game less in a week than Liverpool, in a league game and get spanked in Manchester in crap weather. Heart goes out to them. Poor sods.

@-@