Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wigan (H) - 04/01/2020 FA Cup - Match Thread

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Listening to RL for the first time in ages. Jesus wept, is Stringer always like this. He's like an 8-year old who's had too much Sunny Delight. And he thinks the Wolves manager is called Nuno Sanchez.

He is, its cringe

It's been pretty rubbish to be honest, flat as a pancake but we've managed to get a couple of fortunate finishes. Barnes has shown nice touches and was a good run for his goal, hopefully give him some confidence. Benkovic has looked assured apart from one moment and crucial touch from Ward before the second goal. 

Comfortable but we can play much better. 

I think that scoreline slightly flatters us! Dominated the game, but I have been reasonably impressed with Wigan. They lack quality, but they are trying to pass and move it instead of just hoofing it. I don't think we've had the fluency of our performance against West Ham, even if the scoreline is better.

Benkovic has been quite impressive. Not as mobile as Soyuncu, but a good touch for a big man and looks like he can defend first and foremost. Mendy I think has been our best player, the heartbeat of the team keeping things moving. Praet also decent, though I'd like to see him get on the ball and dictate things a little more. He's clearly the most technical player out there but doesn't have the swagger or arrogance of Tielemans or Maddison just yet, which I think he should do given how good he is.

Still looks like a comfortable game, good to see players getting minutes and great to see Harvey bag a goal too.

• Like 1

Albrighton’s final ball has been horrendous, always finding a red shirt - so it was rather fitting that it brought about the first goal!

Mendy and Hamza knitting things well in midfield. And nice to see Chilwell getting forward.

The game itself has been poor but we've looked fairly comfortable and unthreatened. The only (mild) threat we have is them running in behind but I'm more confident we can manage that now Soyuncu is on instead of Morgan who I hope isn't injured seriously.

We did start slow but it's not the worst performance in the world.

We have the lead as expected. Now just need to avoid doing a Watford from earlier and stay in control and have the dominance in the game.

Hopefully we don't need the likes of Maddison, Perez or Ndidi. Wouldn't mind seeing Iheanacho getting some more minutes.

• Like 1

It’s amazing how we see things differently. I didn’t think we were that great. Not having a pop but we don’t look as fluid as we have been. Saying that, with practically a new line up, that’s what I’d expect. I’m not doom-mongering or anything so don’t flame me. 

Pleased we are 2-up as they could have had a couple. Two more please City. 

Edited by Mickey O'Neil
  • Like 1

I'm enjoying seeing their managers outrage at Barnes scoring when one of their players was down on the edge of our box. Wasn't so outraged at his own team played on a few seconds beforehand despite it being the same incident. Cute.

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

You boys should love this. My Grandma has been staying with me the past couple weeks, and is watching the game with me despite knowing very little about English football. She says "Veegan" play a lot quicker and better than Newcastle.

is she pissed up, or a seasoned foxes talk contributor?