Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Genesis1

Could Vardy come out of England retirement?

I really hope Vardy turns it down if he gets called up. England don't play to his strengths and the Spurs cvnts won't even pass to him, anyway. I really think Bob Mortimer's depiction of the English Spurs players on Athletico Mince could be closer to reality than intended.

Better for everyone if he rests at home during international breaks, rather than trying to stay awake watching more shite England performances from the bench.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 16/01/2020 at 20:53, Blue-fox said:

The logical choice would be to replace Kane with Vardy as the main forward for England in the friendlies coming up before the euros. They’ll have to play together to get some sort of understanding. 

I can’t see it happening sadly, I think Southgate would rather pick Rashford or Abraham. 

Personally I thought we should have accommodated both Kane and Vardy into some sort of diamond 442 or 352 variety where sterling can play as a number 10, plenty of goals in that attack and pace on the counter. 

Why the sadly?

Surely you want him to do well for us, instead of England?  I dont think he will manage both.

No and he shouldn't. He's not gonna get in ahead of Kane even if he scores 50 goals this season. He will get 15 mins max and it will no doubt impact his form for us and his overall game. He looks so much more fresh since he's announced his retirement and his record speaks for itself since then. 

No chance he comes back unless Southgate tells him he's going to be his number 9 from now on.  

But considering Southgate has slapped the captains armband on Kane that isn't going to happen.  No matter how gash Kane is.

It's a shame the national team is missing out on the best English striker but the FA only have themselves to blame. 

I just don't see the worth if he's barely going to be involved. He's going to be 34, on the back of a long season, with niggly injuries and a manager who I'm not sure is that keen.

If he's fit and has had a good season then I would select him but I feel he'll be a bench filler.