Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Genesis1

Could Vardy come out of England retirement?

So I was just talking with a friend about Harry Kanes injury being good in terms of the league. (Hope I don't sound awful).

Then it hit me, Danny Ings and Tammy Abraham are the only two in form actual strikers if you presume Sancho and Sterling are wingers.

How about Vardys comments of coming out of retirement if we're desperate. I'd say we're desperate and England need him. Plus it'd push me to get tickets!

Be a mistake if he did for vards and us. He's no spring chicken anymore and I personally don't really care much for international football. England will never do well in the Euros as they get found out by any team with ability on the ball. 

It was s sensible move from Vards to drop England duty to lengthen his career and it's paying off at the mo. If he does return to the England setup then I fear that vards' form would suffer and so will we. 

So I would say to Southgate...your problem, mate not Leicester. 

• Like 1

God I hope he doesn’t. I stopped watching England about 15 years ago with the only real exception being when Vards played and they are a whole lot of 90 minutes that I won’t get back. I’d feel like I had to watch again if he plays and that’s not sounding like a good summer to me! 

Hope not, screw England whilst that fraud is in charge.

How ever the England manager will always be a yes man to the F.A and until that changes, we wont win a thing.

10 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

So I was just talking with a friend about Harry Kanes injury being good in terms of the league. (Hope I don't sound awful).

Then it hit me, Danny Ings and Tammy Abraham are the only two in form actual strikers if you presume Sancho and Sterling are wingers.

How about Vardys comments of coming out of retirement if we're desperate. I'd say we're desperate and England need him. Plus it'd push me to get tickets!

Marcus Rashford is In form at the moment to.

David Ornstein's weekly Athletic column says hell no:

Regardless of Vardy’s form and availability, Southgate is highly unlikely to consider the 33-year-old Leicester City striker — unless England face a major fitness crisis. If, for example, Kane was ruled out completely and then Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham suffered a significant injury of his own, the situation could change.

Since Vardy made his decision, Southgate has held a clear stance of looking to the future and will prioritise Kane, who is expected to be back, alongside the likes of Abraham, Marcus Rashford, Danny Ings and Callum Wilson. Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin is on the radar, while players such as Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund) and Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea) are also forward options. With Abraham currently next in line to Kane, Rashford preferring to operate centrally and Ings on course to be called up for the March friendlies against Italy and Denmark — England’s last games before naming their Euros squad — there is now little prospect of Vardy figuring.

Both sides accept you can never say never and the door will not be closed but the probability has become so remote that inside the Football Association it is no longer seen as a debate. Given it was Vardy’s choice to retire, from the FA’s perspective any chance of [him] returning to the fold would require him to show an appetite and there has been no sign of that so far. An added complication is that Vardy has benefited from focusing solely on club football to such an extent that it is thought he would only contemplate a comeback if he was first choice to lead England’s attack and Southgate cannot provide that guarantee, which Vardy is said to fully respect.