Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The ignorance is unreal isnt it?

Old lady upstairs buys shopping every day (2 or 3 items as a time) just to get out of the house.

My old man asked me to order some diy stuff because he turned up at the hardware shop at they only took click and collect.

Neighbour's cuntish brother is around fag in hand and top off without a care i  the world.

Think I've only left the house twice in 2 weeks in comparison, starting to think I'm the idiot rather than the above examples ffs haha

Some other people have reaslied my Little Waitrose at the petrol station is a treasure trove.  There were at least 4 other people there when I went to buy some essential sun is shining beer an hour ago.  The bastards.

Edit: Fully gloved and complying with 2m rule I might add.  Still, bastards.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lockdown to stay as it is, will be reviewed again at the end of next week.

And will be extended again. Can't see it being lifted until the end of April if not May.

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lockdown to stay as it is, will be reviewed again at the end of next week.

As expected. Glad it's weekly review and not another few weeks (although I expect it will be end of April it gets lifted anyway). 

Yeah I agree with you both, will definitely get extended to the end of April, but who knows what will happen after that.

I'm a key worker, only had 3 days off in a month, but have worked from home for some of it and I'm starting to struggle being in the house, don't know how those who have been furloughed are managing it. There's only so much Xbox you can play and so much tv you can watch.

36 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Genuine question - what percentage of the population do you think are ruining it for everyone's else in terms of infringing on social distancing guidelines and going to work when they arent a key worker?

10%? Higher?

I was thinking that earlier today.

Went for a run and there were loads of cars on the road and many with 2,3 or 4 people in them. I can't believe they were ALL key workers or going food shopping.

I'm convinced people are still going to work who could be working from home OR there's many, many businesses who are still trading when they shouldn't be.

PLUS you've got all the bell-ends highlighted on this thread who are gathering in groups and being general dicks.

And all that up and I reckon it's well over 10% who aren't staying at home when they should be.

Surely, someone on the forum must be one of those people ignoring the guidelines, and can explain why they behave so? There are reasons, money, providing for your family, so they shouldn’t be embarrassed, but would like to hear the other side.

16 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Went for a run and there were loads of cars on the road and many with 2,3 or 4 people in them. I can't believe they were ALL key workers or going food shopping.

I'm convinced people are still going to work who could be working from home OR there's many, many businesses who are still trading when they shouldn't be.

PLUS you've got all the bell-ends highlighted on this thread who are gathering in groups and being general dicks.

And all that up and I reckon it's well over 10% who aren't staying at home when they should be

Anyone who can't do their job from home is still allowed to go to work though aren't they? Key workers or not? 

• Like 1

Just now, murphy said:

I imagine that they don't want to put too daunting a time frame on it and weaken people's motivation.  Psychologically, weekly reviews make sense to me.  You've really got to stop finding fault for the sake of it.

Weekly doesn't bolster my mental well being at all. It suggests uncertainty and a 'lets deal with it later attitude'. 

I had no complaints with three weeks. Long enough to get an idea of change. A week isn't. 

I'm not picking fault for the sake of it. Finger in the air politics isn't a brilliant look and I'm concerned. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Is the the decision? Let's do one more week and then maybe see? 

That's not decisive at all. More watery governing. 

Give over. Better to be dynamic, adaptive and rely on scientific advice.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

And all that up and I reckon it's well over 10% who aren't staying at home when they should be.

the government have said we have to go to work if we can't work from home. I reckon loads of companies have used this to lay off workers and get the government to basically pay for the lay offs. If everyone stopped going to work, the supply chain ceases which basically stops the country which means it's going to take years for the country to recover. From what i've seen going to work and returning, there seems a lot of overweight people dressed in shellsuits marching up and down cycle paths looking like they've never "excercised" in their lives. Maybe that's a good thing and they'll be less of a burden on the nhs with all these new found fitness fanatics.

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Anyone who can't do their job from home is still allowed to go to work though aren't they? Key workers or not? 

Yes, but if they are 'non essential' businesses, shouldn't their staff be furloughed?

I'm probably wrong and I'm disappearing up my own arse trying to understand the rules tbh

Just now, murphy said:

We see it very differently then.  Everybody must know that this will take weeks of lockdown.  The government aren't being indecisive, they are not going to change anything next week, they are keeping the lockdown rolling weekly because if they said another three weeks or even six weeks, people might find it just too much and find their resolve weakening.  That's the way I see it anyway and it makes sense to me.

I think we do. 

Right. I've only got one week off lockdown so I'll be back to a weekly shop now, rather than being prepared for the long term. Instead of one shop for a month lll just do the four. 

Also - only a week left? Must be about over. It won't matter so much if I have a mate over. How can you be mad? Lockdown is over tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I think we do. 

Right. I've only got one week off lockdown so I'll be back to a weekly shop now, rather than being prepared for the long term. Instead of one shop for a month lll just do the four. 

Also - only a week left? Must be about over. It won't matter so much if I have a mate over. How can you be mad? Lockdown is over tomorrow. 

Come off it.  Nobody's said that the lockdown will actually end next week and no one in their right mind would expect it.  Just reviewed next week, the same as it was this week. 

I suppose that we are seeing high levels of stupid all over the country so maybe I am crediting some of the public with too much intelligence.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Weekly doesn't bolster my mental well being at all. It suggests uncertainty and a 'lets deal with it later attitude'. 

I had no complaints with three weeks. Long enough to get an idea of change. A week isn't. 

I'm not picking fault for the sake of it. Finger in the air politics isn't a brilliant look and I'm concerned. 

Unfortunately I guess they don’t have the calendar the Virus is working too.

If you wanna go long pick a date that you can work too then if they relax the lock imagine the warm feeling your get by being allowed out earlier.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Genuine question - what percentage of the population do you think are ruining it for everyone's else in terms of infringing on social distancing guidelines and going to work when they arent a key worker?

10%? Higher?

I think it's a lot lower like 0 5% just loads of people wanking themselves into a frenzy if they see someone out . I work in food production and my wife works for the NHS and we both can't believe how quite the roads are and how few people you see about .