Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Do you actually work for a Chinese company/department Mac?

Obviously I dont mean the government, but you have a personal stake in the country continuing to be a global superpower?

Not in the least. I dislike their government immensely and I sincerely hope that a more democratic alternative is in their future - and I'd hope most folks would be the same. I've made that clear in the past and I'll do so again here.

But at the same time, unqualified opinions that they alone are responsible for the current situation, whether on here out of lack of knowledge or by someone like Trump in order to whip up his voter base into a they're-to-blame-go-get-them frenzy, are erroneous and should be challenged as such - they do no favours to the citizens of those countries outside China whose governments are letting them down too by not seeking to hold them acountable.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Well that raises serious questions about China - I would certainly not trust them with anything again after this. As soon as we have an imported case, we should have taken action. But hindsight as you say is a wonderful thing. 

This whole thing also shows that globalisation is a complete and utter disaster and needs to be reversed not just economically but environmentally. We need to be primarily self sufficient as a nation for food and manufactured products and supply chain. There is no good ethical or environment reason to ship or fly stuff half way round the world.

I belonged to the Silent minority,was back since the Early seventies...I have Worked ,troublshooted,instructed,been instructed, and Travelled the world,I have never changed my mind...No I am no better than any other individual,nomatter what Part of the world,or Leicester they come from....

• I Dont disagree with immigration only better Organisation thereof & planning of infrastructure...
  • I Don t disagree with projects,Worker experiences exchanges ,actually I would like to see more Open exchange of knowledge in all fields.
  • I Don t mind initial support,by taking foreign imports,including Food products,but again controlled markets...
  •  ".    ". ".    Helping countries,to create farms,& to First produce for their own,neihbouring countries
  •  ". ".   ".                  Any freedom of movement,but with Financial & work Checks & control..
  • I was always against globerisation,because first,even Locals suffer,( including immigrants) especially  in employment,many high & Low Skills Jobs have suffered and that fine knowledge lost often forever...
  • Globalization has seen strong Economic countries suffer, in many walks of life.If those advanced,developed countries suffer,more so so the Poorer ones.
  • I actually believe globerisation,stops developed,countries Catching and helping the weaker people in their own  societies.
  • A pendemic or catastrophy, there was always going to be a shortfall on many Medical products,buffers,off-site storing would be emptied or to the limit.!!
  • But if we didnt ,Outsource totally to Foreign countries,then knowledge,work,importantly supplies,would have been National & more the easier available..

Stockmarkets Shareholders,can still exsist,I just believe globerisation,allowed them to Cover their bets,and Opened up a bigger can of Worms for corruption..

Financial Consultants Waffel on about shareholder strengths and they Control the markets...BS!!!   

its the shopfloor,or online, Traders,who take the punts,follow,trends,create & runs and their Managment follies,that rule the roost....Shareholders are pawns,they put their bets down,and Watch the wheel turn...Globalisation actually put the clever & wise Top Businessman & darf's in the pawn position,they and their side-kick,politicians & Lobbyist, would always have the finances....

Its the Medium & small Business that suffered... Just Think how quick,some major & small Businesses quickly reacted and created equipment,from their workers

und Managements Knowledge & experience....The Skill to produce is in Europe,just Not the Business Readily available..

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

https://www.land.nrw/sites/default/files/asset/document/zwischenergebnis_covid19_case_study_gangelt.pdf 

You'll have to use google translate as I can't find an English version. Just google Heinsberg and articles will appear.

Update: https://www.bccourier.com/these-are-the-first-lessons-of-the-heinsberg-study/ An English summary. 

It is encouraging, this is one of the first 'antibody' tests that have been conducted on large numbers of people (500 not the 1500 I posted earlier). There are also studies from Denmark reporting similar findings and might be an indication of why they're already preparing to lift their lockdown. 

In terms of the pandemic, it shows that it's not apocalypse for sure as we already knew and that if you're fit and healthy and don't work on the frontline your chances are likely to be 99.9% or more if you catch this thing. However lockdowns were the right thing to do, it's very, very infectious so it's essentially like a whole flu season all in one go with an increased mortality rate, so a massive strain on healthcare systems. First world countries will be fine, for developing and underdeveloped countries it's going to be hell unless there is some sort of temperate effect where it doesn't transmit as much in hotter climates. Ask yourself who will get the vaccine first, those in countries who have functioning healthcare systems or those where there isn't a healthcare system?

In response to @Sampson too, the most important thing to take from this is that when the lockdown is lifted, hygiene is vitally important. Mask-wearing MUST become compulsory in public places until a vaccine is found. This is because that will reduce your chances of receiving a large viral load, which will mean a less severe illness and less pressure on the NHS. That way we will be able to get back to normal and build a safe form of herd immunity while protecting the vulnerable and frontline healthcare workers with different policies. 

There are a hell of a lot of things that we don't know. There are a hell of a lot of variables that we're not aware of yet. Papers like this aren't fantastic, they're highly flawed however they're by far the best we have so far. Remember, everyday that goes by is a day more of acquired knowledge and a day closer to the end point of this. I could get political about the UK response but now is not the time, we have to support our government's response by doing our bit.

Very encouraging news.

Don't expect many on here to talk about it though, far too optimistic and positive!

Maybe Sweden weren't so crazy after all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Nice to see these bellends observing the lockdown.

image.png.06264d1073ab824ea99715941266be7a.png

STEADY ON - Not sure that is answer ffs :blink:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Were you observing the lock down when you took the picture? :whistle:

Walking the dogs, they get one walk a day. So yes.

We follow the guidelines and are spending our time indoors, unfortunately not everyone does the same, on this walk we also observed people sitting in the sun on benches in Barrow upon Soar and also someone sat on the towpath fishing.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Very encouraging news.

Don't expect many on here to talk about it though, far too optimistic and positive!

Maybe Sweden weren't so crazy after all.

Oh they were! Anyone with cases and a lack of testing facilities (which is basically everyone) should be in lockdown until the first 'peak' has passed and they can prepare for the 'new normal' which will be increased hygiene measures, low key social distancing and some sort of testing protocol. But this just proves it will be ok in the long run, obviously not for those who have lost people though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Were you observing the lock down when you took the picture? :whistle:

It's not that that struck me, but the quality.  The composition is all wrong.  Far too much foreground.  Must try harder!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, murphy said:

It's not that that struck me, but the quality.  The composition is all wrong.  Far too much foreground.  Must try harder!

It was a shit phone photo, was well zoomed in and also not trying to make it too obvious that I was taking a photo.

Wasn't allowed to take proper camera out as the walk takes twice as long.

Nothing weird about a grown man taking grainy photos of teenagers 

Not the best ive seen though. Someone hiding behind a tree taking a picture of two sunbathers was my favourite.

What's the purpose of the photo?

Just now, filbertway said:

Nothing weird about a grown man taking grainy photos of teenagers 

Not the best ive seen though. Someone hiding behind a tree taking a picture of two sunbathers was my favourite.

What's the purpose of the photo?

Because I am a weirdo and spend all my time skulking around taking grainy photos of strangers.

What the fvck do you think the purpose of the photo was or are you as much of a bellend as those that are clearly flouting the lockdown rules.

• Haha 4

Genuine question - what percentage of the population do you think are ruining it for everyone's else in terms of infringing on social distancing guidelines and going to work when they arent a key worker?

10%? Higher?

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

Because I am a weirdo and spend all my time skulking around taking grainy photos of strangers.

What the fvck do you think the purpose of the photo was or are you as much of a bellend as those that are clearly flouting the lockdown rules.

I have no idea, thats why I asked. I genuinely cant think of one good reason.

Perhaps on the misguided hope that the police could identify them and fine them?

My daughter was working in Cuntingdon ( if you’ve been there you know)

Loads of people down the high Street,tops off in groups.

She is working in a bank whilst back from Uni and she said the amount of old dears coming in for £20 for their grandkids for Easter is unreal.

They started getting shirty with them.So many people are absolute bells.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I have no idea, thats why I asked. I genuinely cant think of one good reason.

Perhaps on the misguided hope that the police could identify them and fine them?

It was to illustrate that there really are numptys out there that are just ignoring all the rules that most are following, I have no interest in knowing who these people are or having the police identify them, these people doing this will mean I and others will be spending 22 out of 24 hours stuck inside for longer than we need to, it really is as simple as that.

4 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

My daughter was working in Cuntingdon ( if you’ve been there you know)

Loads of people down the high Street,tops off in groups.

She is working in a bank whilst back from Uni and she said the amount of old dears coming in for £20 for their grandkids for Easter is unreal.

They started getting shirty with them.So many people are absolute bells.

The ignorance is unreal isnt it?

Old lady upstairs buys shopping every day (2 or 3 items as a time) just to get out of the house.

My old man asked me to order some diy stuff because he turned up at the hardware shop at they only took click and collect.

Neighbour's cuntish brother is around fag in hand and top off without a care i  the world.

Think I've only left the house twice in 2 weeks in comparison, starting to think I'm the idiot rather than the above examples ffs haha

• Like 1