Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Part of me thinks this is likely a storm in a teacup. Another Eastern respiratory disease that will peter itself out. 

Stuff like the cruise ship is a little concerning though. It does highlight that certain sectors, way above my head, are taking this fairly seriously. 

59 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Part of me thinks this is likely a storm in a teacup. Another Eastern respiratory disease that will peter itself out. 

Stuff like the cruise ship is a little concerning though. It does highlight that certain sectors, way above my head, are taking this fairly seriously. 

WHO declare it a global emergency

BA won’t take any flight bookings to China in feb 

I think it’s serious .......

btw, anyone want to look at the official Chinese govt figures for cases and deaths through this week and have a stab at tomorrow mornings numbers .....I expect they’re very predictable (and totally gerrymandered) 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

apparently cancelling the china open which is in 2 months time. maybe this is an actual thing. are we all gonna die? 

My friend works at a school in Hong Kong and they have already decided that they are closed throughout February. 

7 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

apparently cancelling the china open which is in 2 months time. maybe this is an actual thing. are we all gonna die? 

Nah, it's got about a 2% mortality rate, you'll be right.

Unless you're really old and frail or suffering from COPD?...

Edited by Bobby Hundreds

18 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Nah, it's got about a 2% mortality rate, you'll be right.

Unless you're really old and frail or suffering from COPD?...

If every single person on earth gets it, only about 155m will die.

Not even a dent in the problems of human overpopulation. We need bigger.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

If every single person on earth gets it, only about 155m will die.

Not even a dent in the problems of human overpopulation. We need bigger.

Should solve the UK's pension problem.

On 26/01/2020 at 12:27, Will1981 said:

The black death plague killed 60% of europe in the 14th century and was spread by fleas from rats, I do not think it is a coincedence that the corona virus has started just as the Chinese new year of the rat has begun.

Oh God, when is the year of the cat? :dunno:

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Between 290,000-600,000 people die of flu each year across the world and no body worries........... 

The death rate of flu is something like 0.013%. The death rate of Corona is around 2%, but we aren't sure yet.

The transmission rate of flu is around 1.3 people, the transmission rate or Corona is 2-3 people infected.

There are vaccines for many strains of flu

There are no vaccines for Corona virus and we don't have any built up immunity, this is a new virus that we don't know much about.

So compared to flu, it infects more, kills more and we have no immunity or vaccine.

8 hours ago, simFox said:

The death rate of flu is something like 0.013%. The death rate of Corona is around 2%, but we aren't sure yet.

The transmission rate of flu is around 1.3 people, the transmission rate or Corona is 2-3 people infected.

There are vaccines for many strains of flu

There are no vaccines for Corona virus and we don't have any built up immunity, this is a new virus that we don't know much about.

So compared to flu, it infects more, kills more and we have no immunity or vaccine.

True but the sample size is very small.

No need to panic just yet.

Edited by coolhandfox