Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Then why not just say that instead of adding a little political bias to the post like you did with a mention it would be different with the colour of the rosette?

I'm finding these country comparisons absolutely ridiculous, from all sides.

Whilst we are allowed to be critical of our approach I agree with this.

All nationalities seem to be guilty of using cases and deaths comparision in a snide way, almost take pride in another country having a lot of deaths compared to their own nation, like some sort of coronavirus premier league ffs.

Edited by Nalis

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Seen the spoof letter from the Irish government doing the rounds on Whatsapp about bars remaining closed until September.

Witnessed a lot of stupid things on Whatsapp the past 6 weeks alright. And plenty of gullible folk out there who believe the scaremongering.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Why did we not have a task force before?!? 😂 

I'm looking forward to them washing their hands for 20 seconds whilst singing the National Anthem or Happy Birthday. Seriously though task forces is the sort of thing we're good at.

Edited by reynard

Next Monday will mark 4 weeks of the UK lock-down. Given the timeline for this illness, I'm starting to find it concerning that the daily death toll hasn't yet shown any signs of dropping significantly. Does anyone else share this concern, and perhaps have an explanation?

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Next Monday will mark 4 weeks of the UK lock-down. Given the timeline for this illness, I'm starting to find it concerning that the daily death toll hasn't yet shown any signs of dropping significantly. Does anyone else share this concern, and perhaps have an explanation?

53 minutes ago, Tuna said:

'It's absolutely horrendous' - woman on Lincolnshire coast says her village is filled with holidaymakers ignoring lockdown rules

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/coronavirus-sutton-on-sea-lockdown-4055487 

Why don't people get it? Stay the **** at home!

How dense the population is?

How dense the popular are?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tuna said:

'It's absolutely horrendous' - woman on Lincolnshire coast says her village is filled with holidaymakers ignoring lockdown rules

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/coronavirus-sutton-on-sea-lockdown-4055487 

Why don't people get it? Stay the **** at home!

Nothing will change until they ramp up the fines for breaking the lockdown rules. Oh you're outside, have a £30 fine. It's laughable, it's not stopped people using their mobile phone or speeding for 20 years, so why will £30 suddenly mean they won't break the law? Change it to £500 or a weeks wages and we'll see how many people want to venture outside then.

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Astonishing to see NHS staff standing close together without masks on ..... surely there is a bigger risk that some of them will have been exposed to the virus recently and they could be incubating it and therefore infectious pre symptoms ?   If they had been masked up then I’d be more relaxed about those photos .... @z-layrex, is it current standard practice to at least wear a surgical mask at all times within hospitals when within 2 metres of others? 

No, zero distancing inside the hospital when it comes to staff, it would be impossible tbh. We get dressed into PPE outside of the ICU's, which means we are all crowded together in corridor and small rooms for breaks and safety briefings etc.

Edited by z-layrex

Just watched a live stream on YouTube of Americans pushing their governor so they can return to work, collecting in masse outside the residence whilst wearing masks :facepalm: saying it is their choice and risk.

Can see the death toll over there rocketing later this year in a fair few places.

3 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I dreamt the other night i was on a plane (your general hop over to Europe kind of jet) where the pilot was afraid of heights so was flying just above the trees and houses. He then pulled an handbrake turn when he saw something in front of him which resulted in him crashing it into the ground. 

So what do his bosses do? Sack him? No. They give him a massive ****ing dream liner to fly. And he’s flying this thing again over the trees and houses, struggling to deal with its speed and power while I’m screaming at him to ‘go up, go up’ 

I was reading these thinking that I can’t remember the last time I remembered a dream and last nights came back to me.

I dobbed an old friend in, that I had no reason to be dreaming about, for drink driving a tractor round a field lol so random.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

No, zero distancing inside the hospital when it comes to staff, it would be impossible tbh. We get dressed into PPE outside of the ICU's, which means we are all crowded together in corridor and small rooms for breaks and safety briefings etc.

So away from ICU’s you wear surgical masks or not ????.

47 minutes ago, String fellow said:

It can take up to two weeks for the virus to show 

once infected, the worst cases seem to develop after about six days

beyond that, it can be up to two weeks and sometimes longer for the worst affected to finally succumb 

and finally, you mustn’t forget that recent days numbers showed that the vast majority of the deaths announced occurred more than one day ago 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

One thing to consider too, while the lag between infection and death is usually around 3 weeks, infection will have still been taking place within households even after the lockdown. If it’s not started reducing like Italy and Spain by this time next week then we’re screwed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

So away from ICU’s you wear surgical masks or not ????.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

No, they don't do anything anyway.

Well other parts of Europe tend to disagree with that. And the videos of the clap for carers I have seen outside of hospital buildings haven’t been just hospital staff. Police staff, members of the public etc. I completely understand that 2m distancing can not be withheld inside the hospital wards, 100%. But to not at least try to keep to the distancing rules outside of hospital buildings....can only, at the very least, maintain social distancing rules. When ‘outside’ personnel are within the vicinity.  

3 minutes ago, stix said:

Well other parts of Europe tend to disagree with that. And the videos of the clap for carers I have seen outside of hospital buildings haven’t been just hospital staff. Police staff, members of the public etc. I completely understand that 2m distancing can not be withheld inside the hospital wards, 100%. But to not at least try to keep to the distancing rules outside of hospital buildings....can only, at the very least, maintain social distancing rules. When ‘outside’ personnel are within the vicinity.  

Couldn't agree more, I never said otherwise.

Surgical masks do very little as they are completely open at the sides. At best it will help you protect others if you carry the virus by limiting how much of a viral load you could potentially spread to them. Not a reason for healthcare staff to walk around the hospital in them in my opinion anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone else having issues with recycling collection? They aren’t collecting our cardboard or garden waste where I am. 

Yep..Same here.  That seems a bizarre decision seeing as there will be more garden waste and cardboard than usual!

Edited by pazzerfox

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nothing will change until they ramp up the fines for breaking the lockdown rules. Oh you're outside, have a £30 fine. It's laughable, it's not stopped people using their mobile phone or speeding for 20 years, so why will £30 suddenly mean they won't break the law? Change it to £500 or a weeks wages and we'll see how many people want to venture outside then.

A bullet through the temple should suffice.