Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

I think with all this counter arguing going on about did they didn't they this is appropriate.

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Until further notice the days of the week are now called, thisday, thatday, theotherday, someday, yesterday, today and thenextday www.silversurfers.com'

30 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It’s just really tiresome.

We’re in an unprecedented pandemic and thousands of people are dying. Can we not just put aside the political face-saving and be honest?

Just a bit of honesty. No fudging the numbers or getting creative.

You had a target, you missed it. Just be honest. Tell us what you’re going to do - that you’ve posted out a load of tests and over time will get to the 100,000.

If political leaders can’t be honest at a time like this, when will they be? So disillusioning.

Agreed. I'd genuinely have more respect for them (and politicians in general) if they were more honest. 

• Like 3

The testing thing is nauseating. Boris fans will blindly celebrate the number, non-Boris fans will say they fiddled the number all while talking about a subject they know nothing about.

The politics becomes bigger than the science, and we head one step closer to dystopia. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we need to be testing min 150,000 to lessen restrictions somewhat 

It will not be the number of tests that will be decisive in deciding whether to ease restrictions; this will be a number of new cases (although the more tests done will show greater accuracy). The fact the the R rate (number of people infected by a Covid19 sufferer) is already less than one is probably the best indication the UK is on course to ease lockdown (lthough it seems it will be months away from 'normality'). 

Edited by oxford blue

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The testing thing is nauseating. Boris fans will blindly celebrate the number, non-Boris fans will say they fiddled the number all while talking about a subject they know nothing about.

The politics becomes bigger than the science, and we head one step closer to dystopia. 

Yeah but if they did fiddle the number it’s pretty relevant isn’t it given that the politicians are the decision makers 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

DOES IT REALLY FOOKING MATTER ??????

i mean people are dying by the hundreds every day and the country should be debating the pros and cons of a relaxation of the restrictions...........

BUT instead, they are debating the difference between this test or that test or another  test and when is a test not a test??

yesterday we tested 73,000

it was only the beginning of last week that this was 20,000

we need to be testing min 150,000 to lessen restrictions somewhat 

so we are making real progress towards that and that is what matters , not the bloody naval gazing at whether it’s a 100K  tests available or 100k tests done 

if Hancock hadn’t set an unrealistic target then there wouldn’t have been the urgency within the govt machine to try and get there ......

and if it’s only really 80k today but it will be 100k next week then what does it matter ....we are actually making progress with something !

please stop being distracted from what actually matters .........

Distraction.!!!!

The whole testing issue & argument is a distraction of the Main problem....

Testing and results,will for this pandemic Not prove One Thing either way...

Its/they are  still only a Part of the puzzle,where Evaluation will be needed to be repeatedly reassesed

Results will be used by the politicians und Medical organisations Political wing,to make descisions.

Descisions that are Not Made on a Medical or health principal....C.Virus is still a big unknown,

so These decisions will be made on considered presumed improved tendencies,

Hoping the Dice will roll and Land on a fortunate karma Side of the risk-stakes..!!

All of you egoistically Desperate for any relief from the individual situation you find ourselves in...Making up your own ideology to fit your own Thoughts on individual agendas...Just look how Posters have been Desperate to either defend or attack and judge the actually poor Political statements,Coming from all Governments and their leaders...

Probably it Really is the question of Truth!!! 

You Dont want the truth,it wiil Scare the **** out of the masses if they are faced with it..!!

Just look at how People are reacting,just 6-8 weeks After the realisation that their cosy or difficult world is Changing and the amusing mindset of the moment

Should be cleared up, only Hanging on with a Snap of a politicians Fingers or statements of their Honesty or deliberate incompetence...!!!

Has groups of People we have generally  failed to hold to any discipline if some did in action,majority Not in thought..!!

We are all  clenching our arse cheeks,hoping the bogeyman before the door will suddenly be blown away,

and if Not our WWide Political leaders will find a solution..!!

So far Not One ,on statements and irrelevant promises alone have walked the walk...

Its not been the problems of the  CV & The consequences themselves,neither the real hard line difficulty of the situation any government and their differing Party politics find themselves and our World in...Its The downright innoculus lack of up Front Honesty thats been missing,including the total Lack of governments

Openly taking up and Working together...Even in a World Finding itself in desperation, its still economic-competition that rules the roost...

And posters & bloggers Alike are voicing their ideas and opinions,on irrelevant unproven and at the Moment yo-yoing information & statistics..

Any political Party Sympathies or ideologies,in any Part of of our World are on this issue and at the Moment totally irrelevant...

but some still Feel like they Need to have to go around point-scoring.

Its this small mindnessness thats stopping us all being able to see and be willing to accept or understand the bigger picture...

At The Moment 95% of this World are all sitting and mimmicking the Trumps-throne...!!!  Grossly unable to handle the wants on the table,and I find it disconcerning, but  at present Not searching to Blame all and sundry....There will be accountability, but No matter what is being reported,IMHO the shit is still hitting the fan...

and the switch is still out of reach..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

28 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

It will not be the number of tests that will be decisive in deciding whether to ease restrictions; this will be a number of new cases (although the more tests done will show greater accuracy). The fact the the R rate (number of people infected by a Covid19 sufferer) is already less than one is probably the best indication the UK is on course to ease lockdown (lthough it seems it will be months away from 'normality'). 

it’s a combination of things (inc track and trace) but having capacity to actually make 150k+ tests per day  (and that’s 150k+ people ) is part of the combination

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m more troubled by the government altering the method of counting as opposed to whether they did or didn’t hit the target.

We really need to be able to rely on the honesty and integrity of the decision makers at a time like this. 

Is it a surprise that they feel the need to ‘move’ the goalposts given the way the media keep targeting the minutiae rathe than the macro ? I’m all for holding them to account but the journalism has so often missed the point .......

even the care home deaths were generally looked at from a perspective of league tables - interestingly I didn’t hear the politicians mention that until this week, they didn’t have a system to bring care home deaths into the numbers on a reliable basis.  Changing the way the daily deaths are now announced to include care homes etc makes it difficult to get a handle on how we are doing.  I would prefer that as a society, we were adult enough to add these on a weekly basis, thus keeping the daily numbers consistent. I think today was around 400 as per pre Wednesday method but it’s nearly 800 on the new basis.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think we have plenty of PPE in the country - this is outside the state system and only part of what’s available now and over the next few weeks ..... gloves look a bit short considering most of us need two ! 

D6C910C9-C13E-4D0F-AB71-A21D1276DE3C.thumb.jpeg.14cadd08abfc2b8aeb0c091e8477d9ac.jpeg

Sure they count the gloves as a pair. I dno if you were joking or not! Haha

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think we have plenty of PPE in the country - this is outside the state system and only part of what’s available now and over the next few weeks ..... gloves look a bit short considering most of us need two ! 

D6C910C9-C13E-4D0F-AB71-A21D1276DE3C.thumb.jpeg.14cadd08abfc2b8aeb0c091e8477d9ac.jpeg

Interesting. I had to put on full PPE for as cardiac arrest the other day, the only size available to me at the time was small and it ripped open. I went back to Gorse Hill ambulance station, where the main stores are, to get a couple of coveralls. They had not a single one. Nothing. They said the supply chain had failed. :dunno:

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Interesting. I had to put on full PPE for as cardiac arrest the other day, the only size available to me at the time was small and it ripped open. I went back to Gorse Hill ambulance station, where the main stores are, to get a couple of coveralls. They had not a single one. Nothing. They said the supply chain had failed. :dunno:

Logistics from a central warehouse ............

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Sure they count the gloves as a pair. I dno if you were joking or not! Haha

They really don’t ..........

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They really don’t ..........

No they don't. Gloves come in boxes of "approx." 500. They are packed in so tightly you'd never know if they were pairs. they're not like gardening gloves or mittens in Debenhams. They're just packed by machine into boxes

Edited by Parafox

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is no "central warehouse". PPE gets supplied from many sources and delivered by various logistics companies.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

There is no "central warehouse". PPE gets supplied from many sources and delivered by various logistics companies.

I was under the impression that the NHS PPE is held under a central warehousing system ??

that was gleaned from the media frenzy of a week or two back ...... after your info, seems that’s wrong ...... perhaps it was centralised sourcing rather than warehousing ....

Aside from the seemingly endless debate about daily numbers of tests, has anyone here yet mentioned the use of sniffer dogs to identify people with CV19? Genuine question, could our four-legged friends perhaps prove to be a very helpful extra resource in the mass screening process?      

25 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Aside from the seemingly endless debate about daily numbers of tests, has anyone here yet mentioned the use of sniffer dogs to identify people with CV19? Genuine question, could our four-legged friends perhaps prove to be a very helpful extra resource in the mass screening process?      

Yeah great idea Donald.

• Haha 2

Here's the official 'exit strategy' for Ireland if you fancy a bit of reading.

Pubs, bars, gyms and barbers not allowed to open again until August 10th is going to absolutely disastrous for the Irish economy. I wonder if we'll follow suit or go with a quicker approach to save small businesses. 

file:///home/chronos/u-063b45af800169e08b523e9c4c19ea3e70d8852a/MyFiles/Downloads/73722_ffd17d70fbb64b498fd809dde548f411.pdf

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Here's the official 'exit strategy' for Ireland if you fancy a bit of reading.

Pubs, bars, gyms and barbers not allowed to open again until August 10th is going to absolutely disastrous for the Irish economy. I wonder if we'll follow suit or go with a quicker approach to save small businesses. 

file:///home/chronos/u-063b45af800169e08b523e9c4c19ea3e70d8852a/MyFiles/Downloads/73722_ffd17d70fbb64b498fd809dde548f411.pdf

Going to be disastrous for my pulling power too. I'm starting to look like a 1980s Dynamo Moscow centre half. 

• Haha 2