Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can't believe he's 21. ****ing hell I thought he was about 18.

Same.

I think we need to be getting these guys out playing competitive mens football from 18 / 19, not waiting until they are 21.

I mean Tielemans is only 22 and has played nearly 300 games!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Same.

I think we need to be getting these guys out playing competitive mens football from 18 / 19, not waiting until they are 21.

I mean Tielemans is only 22 and has played nearly 300 games!

Agreed. I was quite intrigued by the whole thing until I saw he was 21. He should've been out on loan two years ago at least.

Choudhury was out at 18, Chilwell 19, Barnes 19. I feel like we've probably pissed a couple of years away here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

He’s clocked up 70 games in the u23s over last four seasons and there’s a few others not far behind, where’s the benefit in that? It’s all about league position, they are 2nd but I’d rather be lower like Liverpool and aiming to do it with younger genuine prospects.

Someone came up with the phrase on here "age doping" which I thought was very good. 

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Agreed. I was quite intrigued by the whole thing until I saw he was 21. He should've been out on loan two years ago at least.

Choudhury was out at 18, Chilwell 19, Barnes 19. I feel like we've probably pissed a couple of years away here.

Or he probably wasn't good enough to get a league club loan at 19.

Choudhury, Chilwell and Barnes have all become PL level players so at 19 they probably are good enough for L1 football. Dewsbury-Hall may find himself a L1 footballer at his peak in 5 years or so and by that logic may not be good enough for L1 at 19.

U23 football should be about getting these players loaned out and developed ASAP rather than being too concerned about results at that level but the truth of the matter is the vast majority of these players end up scratching a living out at best and outside the odd one every couple of years even the better one end up playing L1 football at their peaks. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Would just like to point out that not all players mature at the same age. He could quite easily be a late developer who really progresses from 21 to 24. He’s hardly past it is he? 

Our greatest ever players are proof.

• Like 1

It's quite possible he would have struggled with the physicality of League 1/2 before now, which would have been a retrograde step for him. No doubt he has put on muscle over the last year or so, but is still a very slight player and I would guess no more than 5'7" tall

51 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Would just like to point out that not all players mature at the same age. He could quite easily be a late developer who really progresses from 21 to 24. He’s hardly past it is he? 

You are right but it would seem all of our U23's are late developers as they often don't start playing for our U23's until they are too old for the U18's. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

We like late starters here don't we so expect Kiernan to force his way into the main squad before he turns 30. Ben Chilwell often gets called a young lad , wtf does that mean!

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We like late starters here don't we so expect Kiernan to force his way into the main squad before he turns 30. Ben Chilwell often gets called a young lad , wtf does that mean!

23 isn't old, this is the last year he'll be termed a 'young player'. 

• Like 1

Everyone thinks player development is linear and the all players are the same.

Interesting people moan about the clubs development youth players, when we currently have Chilwell, Barnes, Hamza all in and around the first team.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2