Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

Didn’t really deserve to win, I don’t think. Oddly passive and didn’t turn possession into anything particularly meaningful. 

I like Maddison and I’m glad we have him, but I could do without him falling over and curling up like a timid little hedgehog anytime someone gets near him. 

Their keeper played well over both games, ours didn’t. 

Happy for Nacho, but Vardy has looked a little off colour last few games, which has a massive impact on how we play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Corky said:

Oh ffs. No doubt that will get put on Twitter and people will pile in saying we're entitled and take the piss.

I despair sometimes.

In the end he was severely dissed (for trolling). I don't know why I am putting myself through this pain. Happy Villa fans all over the place. Oh well - football is about pain too. We've had a lot of pleasure this season. If we finish top 4 and get (at least) to an FA Cup semi-final, that will be a very good season. We've already won the league cup.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, copunk said:

And please nobody compare this to the watford game, its a million miles away from the utter despair i felt that day, i didnt talk to anyone for hours after that 😂

All I can say to that is I hope Villa turn up in the final for their sake unlike we have in Wembley finals otherwise City will win 6-0 again.

As someone said earlier least it saves you a few bob....

Does anyone know a Brian who has been a fan for 25 years (aged 68) of you guys but supported us beforehand (allegedly)?

He had the Talksport presenters round his little finger trolling them!

Edited by Super_horns

1 minute ago, ThurmastonFox said:

Walking back among the villa fans to star city and they can’t believe we didn’t beat them. Shocking goal kicks and half hearted players. Meh

I really don't think any of our players were half hearted.  They had the best player on the pitch in both legs and we aren't quite the finished article yet.

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Didn’t really deserve to win, I don’t think. Oddly passive and didn’t turn possession into anything particularly meaningful. 

I like Maddison and I’m glad we have him, but I could do without him falling over and curling up like a timid little hedgehog anytime someone gets near him. 

Their keeper played well over both games, ours didn’t. 

Happy for Nacho, but Vardy has looked a little off colour last few games, which has a massive impact on how we play. 

He faced four shots in 180 mins  .....hardly much opportunity to show his talents ......

People actually saying we played well? Aside from 2x 10 minute spells, that was absolutely hideous.

Fair play to Villa, they wanted it much more than we did.

Serious question marks over our mental strength now. We've completely shit ourselves in all of our big games this season- that includes Rodgers too. 

Not turning up over either leg with Wembley within touching distance is tough to take.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I mean sure we lost because we are not using our chances, but we have to remember they were 1:0 up in the first half when we pressed them into their half and if we get this penalty by this .... VAR, wo should make the game fairer then I ask me where is it, we are in a professional semi-final and we are not given a penalty, I remember the situation in the league against Liverpool at home when they’ve got a penalty because of soyuncu’s handball that’s 10% of today’s handball and I ask how difficult is it to see the hand is clear on the ball, maybe the should were glasses in the next game but look back to every big game we played often the VAR and the referee decided the game by giving penalties like mane’s diving scene or when sterling stands on ricky’s foot. This VAR is not good for football. On the one hand they want to be fairer on the other it’s not good enough. Nevertheless we are 3rd in league and are on CL course we have an other cup where we have a nice game in the fifth round and I know we will bounce back on Saturday !!!!!!

5 minutes ago, LeeTheFox said:

I thought Jonny Evans had a shocker tonight he looked so scared to pass the ball and what’s with the pace of our football at the minute? We look dreadful at times. 👎🏽

The lack of movement/options was the major issue. Absolutely **** all on whenever we had the ball.

Edited by Ted Maul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1