Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

History will only talk of winners and losers

It doesn’t matter whether the players are accused of being ‘bottle jobs’ or whatever, the only important fact is that we’ve lost a semi final which over two legs was there for the taking

Tonight, we ARE a bunch of losers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Foxhateram said:

Grealish is a cheating scumbag. No class or skill. Madders looked dangerous all game. No idea how you reached you conclusion. 

Dangerous by missing every decent chance we had over both legs. 

Grealish was better than madders tonight

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Our league position is great but question marks must hang over Brendan in the big games

Arguably one of the most ridiculous comments of the season.

Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see we deserved the win. 22 shots, just 6 on target, 3 or 4 Worldies from their GK and it was similar at our. Tactically we were spot on but we didnt take our chances. This result has fudge all to do with Rodgers in big games.

• Like 1

We actually played well over both legs. I thought we dominated and created the better chances and restricted Villa to few good spells.

However, Villa (Grealish in particular) showed quality when and where it mattered.
They worked hard and closed us down reasonably well, but the Leicester changing room must be gutted and full of regret right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Everyone is saying Man City will thrash Villa, and they probably will.  If we are to be a top team, we need to have that certainty of winning against lower teams.  This isn't a one off, this was 2 legs, a top 4 team really should win.

This season is another odd season, the teams around us are failing giving us a chance to be in the top 4.  Let's enjoy it this season, I doubt the next will be the same.

Like Liverpool bulldozed Shrewsbury aside?

20 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Too many kids with no bottle, never turn up in big games, even if we’d have got to the final Man City would’ve smashed us. 

On a side note, Kasper trying to command his area is painful to watch 

His distribution of the ball out, is pretty poor these days too! 

• Like 1

Admittedly, I haven't seen the game yet but accusations of not turning up or bottling it seem a bit rich with 22 shots on goal against 9.  Seems like we were unlucky, it didn't go for us and their keeper was inspired.   No need for the dramatics.

I was calm about this anyway because there's nothing more painful than losing at Wembley, I've been there - Spurs, Swindon, Blackburn and I couldn't see a way past Man City.  Villa fans have got that to go through now, let's hope Man City do a Watford job on them and the distraction helps them on their way down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sishades said:

What a day. Sacked from my job and now this. ..........sigh.

Sorry to hear that. I was "laid off" just after our title winning season - by a Spurs fan line manager (not that that's relevant I'm sure).  Things will pick up when we win the FA cup!

• Haha 1

1. Until Brenda recognises that Perez can't play wide and is nothing more than a squad 9 or 10 its worrying. He had 1 good season at Newcastle,  his stats were shite before that and he's reproducing them.

2. Brenda is micromanaging . Why change Soyuncu and Evans round again? Too much meddling, it didn't work last time. If we had the best defence in the league, why change it against Southampton who we beat 9 nil. Now, was it supposedly the threat of Grealish? Evans has faced much better. If he'd been playing on the right like where he has all season would he have cut that ball for the goal out?

3. He was even going to take our goalscorer off for Gray before he scored. He can't score if he doesn't get the ball!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

5 things: 

1. I think our league performances and position is better  than what we actually are. 

2. I am not sure we have any squad depth - little to come off the bench to worry opposition 

3. Brendan needs to work out how to play the big matches

4. Effort yes we gave some - but there are fundamental weaknesses that keep cropping up - not closing down for one. 

5. Lack of leaders on the pitch 

League tables don’t lie my friend, it is what it is

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, copunk said:

Was shaking like a s**ting dog before kick off, but im surprisingly calm now, some of the reactions on here are unreal, if we were in a relegation battle and had lost that game which was our only hope of some success i could maybe understand but to think we are 3rd in the league and have built up a nice gap between us and 5th, the comments are quite simply laughable

Couldn’t agree more.  The so called supporters on this site are pathetic.  To be where we are in the league, and being admired by so many for the way the club is from owners to players, responses on here from many are irrational.  Yes it’s disappointing, yes we’ve lost a semi final but the slating that goes here is frankly bizarre.

• Like 2

Our problem is fight, we just don’t have any. And I feared that it would be the case, Villa are poor, and over the two legs we should have won, but lack of steel and poor finishing has cost us dearly. And we always carry a few players every game, lately we are rarely together as a team in our performances. It will go down as naivety for now, but there will come a point When that will be unacceptable.

Saturday is a huge opportunity for us, we can beat Chelsea, and I think we probably need to to give us a boost.  

Edited by Pliskin
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

People are bitter and angry so it’s no time for sober analysis. We lost a semifinal we were expected to win and the players will be really hurting.

It may build their character but atm they will be devastated.

Exactly.

People in this thread taking some weird moral high ground can absolutely **** off.

• Like 1