Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m not sure what you expect a player to do to score, especially from outside the box .......

I'm talking first leg smashed straight at the keeper and and he had one 8 yards out over the bar.  Nacho laid one of to him over the bar again. We are supposedly talking about a player that is worth £80mill who claims he is a big game player. 

Edited by Chelve84
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

How do people get through the day?

I work with two other blokes - one a Forest fan & the other Cardiff

They would both give their left bollock to be half as good as we are & could only dream of being where we are

I get my perspective by watching my Scittish side play and lose most weeks in the Ladbrokes Championship, and playing pretty awfully.

Maybe our fans should go and watch some lower league football and get some perspective.

Are Friar Lane Old Boys still going?

I thought that was a shocking display overall. Looked second best to the ball all the time when it mattered. 

Perez was so anonymous it's unbelievable. Vardy and Ndidi clearly aren't fit. 

I hate villa nowadays. Dirty cheating ***** who are a poor side, but if you don't put these teams away that's what happens. Same Vs Burnley away too.

Really fear our run of games now. Glad we have two weeks off after Chelsea tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

There's a derby fan on Talksport calling for Rodgers sacking (claiming to be Leicester). Is he on here?

Oh ffs. No doubt that will get put on Twitter and people will pile in saying we're entitled and take the piss.

I despair sometimes.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I’d argue we were outfought by them. They seemed to want it much more and we were lucky not to be 3-1 down by 75th minute. 

We'll have to agree to disagree then but I just don't see that they wanted it more. I saw our lads give it all. I just don't think we should be questioning the desire.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m not sure what you expect a player to do to score, especially from outside the box .......

62% possession, the better team, 22 shots to 9, a goalie playing out of his skin, how did we lose that!!! Onward and upward, the Chelski game is more important in the scheme of things and we a still in the FA cup. How was that not a penalty?

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 1

God tomorrow’s going to be unbearable at work all those Vile fans gloating taking the piss etc fuchsake well at least we’re still 3rd in the premier league And in a champions league place !

Im already getting the gloating texts now reckoning they’ll beat Man Coty at Wembley ffs 😡

Edited by justfoxes

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Who thought the game plan of laying it out from the back with half the villa team around the penalty box.

That infuriated me tonight and made me think back to CL nights when we got a tonking and still insisted on trying to pass it around our own 18 yard box, inviting pressure. It infuriated me so much I was shouting at the tv tonight in the second-half.

Was as plain as the nose on your face in the second-half the way to beat that press was to go direct and in behind to Vardy.

Rodgers needs to sort that out, never seems to learn and blindly sticks to the same principles. 

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think we need a bit of perspective. 

Yes, we’ve lost. 

Did we deserve to lose when you look at the stats over two legs. Potentially not, however, that’s football. Goals is the only stat that matters.

The Premier League is a tough league. Liverpool and Manchester City are potentially two of the greatest teams in Europe and after them, it’s much of a muchness. On any given day, results could go for, or against you, 

Do we need to evaluate our approach and potentially review certain aspects of the squad, without a shadow of a doubt. 

1 minute ago, bmt said:

I’m not being harsh. For me Chelsea away is a bigger game than Liverpool home when they’ve won every game since time itself started (and there’s a good argument to say we bottler Chelsea away). I just think big game mentality is such an easy get out and we have won big games. 

also ‘we nearly blew it against Everton’ should surely be balanced with the fact we deserved to win tonight. You can’t judge us one game on what we deserve and the next on what we achieve 

I'm not merely judging on one game and it is just my opinion but there seems to be a missing piece of the jigsaw when it comes to certain matches. It isn't just about results it is about perfomance too. It isn't about deserving to win it is about winning.

No doubt this will hurt badly in the dressing room tonight and Saturday against Chelsea will be a big test of their mental strength as well as their footballing ability. Also a big test now for the management team.

Tielemans needs taking out of the first team and replaced with Praet. He isn't quick enough to the ball and when he loses the ball he can't get it back. He seems to have lost that end product that he is so good at when he has it. Maybe a confidence/fitness issue or both? Either way Praet is the in form player and for me should be playing in front of Tielemans.