Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry. What?
Who has this exactly, will admit maybe Liverpool this season, but who else?

Behave yourself with such unrealistic expectations. 

Bullcrack, if you look on average a top 4 team losses against a bottom 3 team.  Or over a season how many times a top team.losses over a season against how many matches a bottom 3 teams.  The odds and stats give certainty. These are facts.  This is a 2 legged match, the odds and certainty are with us, why, because we are a top 4 team and they are a bottom 3 team, check it out.  If we are going to be a top team we have to inact that ability.  It's numpties that go around telling people to behave without realising the facts.

• Like 1

Really gutted thought it was going to pens they nicked it at the end. Wouldn’t mind losing to a decent team but villa are pretty woeful. Wouldn’t have been there if they played Liverpool first team but our own fault for not putting away the many chances we had to there 3 over 2 games. Hope Man City give them a good hammering and they get relegated 

They scored 2 we scored one, they took their chances we did not take ours despite having far better chances over the 2 legs. We should have had far too much for them but didn't and that is football. Hopefully we learn from this and push on in the league and FA cup another day and Madders scores a hat trick in the first 15 minutes 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Our league position is great but question marks must hang over Brendan in the big games

No the players Bottled it,if anybody..!!  But this was a game where their GK,got them to the final....

Though our right side of defence,allowed their goals....Where We have been strong all season,we lost the Plot twice..!!!

Ricardo on the last goal should have gone in with his head...Soyu mistimed the flight

Their Defence were solid ,but our midfield were Not clinical,in Front and around the box.  We looked like a sieve,around our box.....Not aggressive enough.

Gray had a Player outside him,so he was Left in nomansland...We fell Short because of 2 Scandinavien goalkeepers....

and a defensive midfield that wasnt intimidating Not disciplined enough.....Maddison was very good on the frontfoot,But like Ndidi always in the wrong Side of the Player when defending......Schmeichel could and should of been better for both goals....

Thats what you get when you are Not prepared to come out of your 6 Yard box....

I felt all week, it wasnt to be.....Even when Nacho scored..!!!  But we werent rubbish... VAR poor and looked at the wrong perspective by the look of it.

We are all frustrated,but I Dont believe,we can be Too heavy on the Player criticism....3-6 real chances go in,we win..!!

We now know,how L'pool felt all those years back,when they Destroyed us but it was either Banks,then later Shilton,that got us the results...!!!

4 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Just watching the highlights. We were massively unlucky. It was a penalty - I just don't know what VAR is? So many chances. They fluked it. They'll have a day out And a miserable journey back.

Do you really think they’ll give a shit about losing at Wembley, it’s all about the moment.

I'm starting to calm down now... but the dog's still hiding from me.

I hate losing, especially when you think you've justifiably hauled yourself back into it. That was such a soft goal to concede, it was well taken but we should have defended it better. Maybe someone was thinking of penalties?

Certain teams, and styles of play, have got our number. We look good with the ball and going forward, some really lovely movement and interchanges but recently, put us on the back foot and hurl bodies forward at us and we're scrambling. We commit men forward, loose possession and are caught out. It's risky defending and expects to much of our CBs and DM.

It is what it is... But these are my overriding thoughts... Maddison is a show pony, Barns and Gray are simply not good enough (Gray has had too many chances already) and Chilwell must be the most overrated player in the country! Just my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

And also another ref (and his assistant) looked at it and went ‘Nah’

Have to say that it is astonishing that even on review the penalty is not given. His arm is clearly in an unnatural position. But at half time I'm sure that one of the pundits said that if the ball strikes a hand from very close range then there is discretion to let the defender off. Is this true?