Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

Just now, st albans fox said:

How were those saves by nyland ‘misses’? 

im more fooked off by some of the responses on here than by the shitty result ....

It's genuinely worrying what some people are saying in here tonight. I get people are still raw from the result but christ some people really need to get a grip. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Arguably one of the most ridiculous comments of the season.

Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see we deserved the win. 22 shots, just 6 on target, 3 or 4 Worldies from their GK and it was similar at our. Tactically we were spot on but we didnt take our chances. This result has fudge all to do with Rodgers in big games.

Deserved to win. Eurgh, you sound like a spurs fan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

One thing we do need to start doing again is keeping clean sheets.

Yes - we are 3rd in the league because of our defensive record in the first half of the season..

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

The most annoying part is allowing a poor team to shithouse their way through not one, but TWO legs of football. So disappointing and frustrating to not beat that bunch of donkeys over 180 mins.

Only got ourselves to blame for not finding a way to win. Burnley also did the same to us a couple of weeks ago.

Too many errors at the back from what little threats they had, not enough quality in the final third.

Still on course for that sweet top 4 and have a pretty favourable draw to get ourselves into another quarter in the FA Cup.

Just wished we backed ourselves more in these bigger ties. We're fantastic and we're only going to get better but we need some polishing when it comes to big occasions, it's like we lose that swagger that saw us beating teams at a canter between September and December.

Just now, Pliskin said:

Our problem is fight, we just don’t have any. And I feared that it would be the case, Villa are poor, and over the two legs we should have won, but lack of steel and poor finishing has cost us dearly. And we always carry a few players every game, lately we are rarely together as a team in our performances. It will go down as naivety for now, but there will come a point When that will be unacceptable.

Saturday is a huge opportunity for us, we can beat Chelsea, and I think we probably need to to give us a boost.  

What has become clear is that, apart from Ndidi, we have some very ‘nice’ midfield players but they are lightweight as Fook.

The opposition has sussed this out and this is where we are losing games, especially when Wilf isn’t around

We have become too easy to play against.

• Thanks 1

Lots of raw emotion but we didn't take our chances and they did. Smith had a gameplan over the 2 legs, we couldn't manage it and its vill who go through. Again highlights we have plenty to work on, Europe will be a kind blessing if we get there but the team is still in need of further enhancing and experience 

I dont want to just pile on our players I'm angry so I think I'll just slag off villa, enjoy your dismantling by Etihad fc and a royal handfisting from aguero and co, while you dither further down the table and that Alex mcleish v2 sends you back to the championship where you belong, enjoy wycombe away you cretins 

7 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Grealish is a cheating scumbag. No class or skill. Madders looked dangerous all game. No idea how you reached you conclusion. 

I'd agree with the 1st bit a bit

The 2nd bit, you surely can't watch football. 

The blokes a very, very good player that carries that team

• Like 4