Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

I wouldn't say it's a must win but a win would certainly lift a lot of pressure of BR and the players.

We've simply got to up the Tempo of our passing and movement. Get more players and Balls into the Box and chances will come.

I waiting for Wilf to score  a YA YA Toure  ala Man city Goal for us against somebody. He has it in him.

He just needs to relax when the opportunity presents itself and get his body over the Ball, and Bang 1 nil to us.

Come on Lads give us a win. It's a long week to be miserable until the next game.

• Like 1

We need to make sure we can keep 5 - 7 points ahead of the chasing pack before the final 3 games.

Goal difference could be crucial.

Villa is simply a must win game.

• Like 1

Just now, lestajigs said:

At the minute villa have more fight then us, that said i fear this this game, weird considering we are 3rd they are 3rd from bottom, hope we manage to find our bollocks for this

I’m not entirely sure about that; the week before Man City, they fell to bits against Southampton. You get at them, they fall apart and more so than ever after a big loss last week. 

• Like 1

Got a feeling Maddison could be on the bench for the Villa game, maybe Tielemans as well with Rodgers going all out on the attacking front, Vardy & Iheanacho up top with Perez behind them, Barnes & Albrighton out wide with the usual back 4 with Ndidi in front of them...

Then again he might pin his hope on Gray again... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m not entirely sure about that; the week before Man City, they fell to bits against Southampton. You get at them, they fall apart and more so than ever after a big loss last week. 

🤞

This is where Brendan earns his corn in the next 10 games as far as I am concerned. Prove he can manage us through the stress and anxiety and show some bottle, making brave decisions along the way. He crapped out at Liverpool and coasted with the easiest job in the UK for 3 years. Time for him to show he is a big game manager for us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rodgers actually mentioned our Champions League challenge for the first time in his pre-match press conference for this game.

I guess he reckons it’s time to remotivate the players by reminding them - in public - about this massive prize that we are playing for.

Let’s hope they get the message and start showing that they really want this as much as the fans do. Because, let’s face it, their efforts of late have been half-hearted at best.

The business end of the season starts now.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dnewty said:

We will need our fans behind us big time tomorrow. The performance doesnt matter as long as we get the three points 🤞

We will do our part but we can only do so much. 

We’ve been behind them pretty much all season the onus is now falling on them.