Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Again Lord Sugar is someone just looking at the big clubs, what happens with promotion/relegation throughout the football pyramid? there is more to football than just the very top teams. 

Perhaps he wasn’t asked about relegation ......

the German suggestion of current standings honoured re euro qualifications with no relegation and bloated top leagues for one or two seasons to follow could becomes a euro wide adopted strategy 

I guess whether you declare a league winner is down the the specific league 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Perhaps he wasn’t asked about relegation ......

the German suggestion of current standings honoured re euro qualifications with no relegation and bloated top leagues for one or two seasons to follow could becomes a euro wide adopted strategy 

I guess whether you declare a league winner is down the the specific league 

I suppose extending the league to 22 is a possibility, so those in automatic places will get their promotion... to me that seems the logical thing to do. So two come up from championship which will have a domino effect throughout the pyramid  

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I think non league have made a boo boo in following the professional game. 

I'd quite fancy a throwback to the halcyon days of the 1970s senior league where easily 400+ would.pack into games

Shepshed v Stapenhill. Oadby v Wigston fields. Anstey Nomads v Friar Lane. 

I remember watching Highfield Rangers and GNG on Saturday afternoons, playing at Vicky Park

33 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Again Lord Sugar is someone just looking at the big clubs, what happens with promotion/relegation throughout the football pyramid? there is more to football than just the very top teams. 

Another one who's opinion on football is given far too much credence. Never was nor ever has been a football man. 

He muscled into spurs only so he could influence the TV rights vote - and supply insider info - towards sky....He being the beneficiary of the satellite dish sales.

25 minutes ago, 49er said:

I remember watching Highfield Rangers and GNG on Saturday afternoons, playing at Vicky Park

Even Sunday morning games used to attract big crowds. 

I used to be taken as a kid in Sunday mornings to watch Hillsborough on the monsell....they were a set of fans who'd have taken Millwall on in their own.

43 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sorry I Don t See them has a special case...I am sure the players and families,Wont want to be " Partitionen off"....Freedom of movement..!!!

I'm sure they can handle it, they're professionals and it entails a month or two of isolation. Pretty much every one of the squad members of Leicester is paid more in a week than I earn in a year.

44 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The summer Transfer window,can also be delayed.

The problem with delaying the transfer window is that a lot of contracts and loans expire in June, so you could see teams lose players (for example Sheff Utd losing Dean Henderson) and not being able to replace them.

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

Wtf is soccer 🤨

It's an English term and is short for Associated Football. It differentiated Rugby Football commonly known as rugger and originated in English public schools in the nineteenth century. The word soccer was commonly used when I was a kid such as the term soccer boots and there was a playing field on Braunstone Lane that were known as the soccer fields. 

• Like 2

"Soccer" in the UK is acceptable but a bit old school.

From Wiki:

Star Soccer was a weekly football highlights programme in the United Kingdom, which ran on Associated Television (ATV) from 1965 until 1983 when it was replaced by a networked The Big Match and spin-off The Big Match Live.[1][2][3

I remember Star Soccer on ITV.

• Like 2

I have a feeling the Premier league will look at the standings and think that there are not enough teams occupying the top 6 that are the "big 6". Therefore their decisions will be based on that. I can't help but feel that they will screw us in some way. Teams like scumbag United are just to powerful amongst the powers that be in the Premier league. Let's hope they just freeze standings as they are or play out the rest of the games at a later date. 

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I have a feeling the Premier league will look at the standings and think that there are not enough teams occupying the top 6 that are the "big 6". Therefore their decisions will be based on that. I can't help but feel that they will screw us in some way. Teams like scumbag United are just to powerful amongst the powers that be in the Premier league. Let's hope they just freeze standings as they are or play out the rest of the games at a later date. 

Possible that EUFA will try and force the hand of the PL too. Not that it’d take much forcing ‘£££’. 

7 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

I have heard a lot of people say it is ridiculous to go ahead. I think some of the home teams wanted to get some money in before the possibility of a long break.

I'd imagine most of them pulled bigger gates than they've ever seen before. Rumours were around one had 3k show up when they usually pull a couple hundred. That sort of money could be the difference between being able to ride this storm and going under. Can't blame them for wanting to take the risk.

Guest Markyblue

We can only really be screwed if they deny liverpool the title and cant see that happening,  might have if us or wolves were top but not liverpool. Cant let them be champions and not stick with how the rest of the league places are.

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Possible that EUFA will try and force the hand of the PL too. Not that it’d take much forcing ‘£££’. 

Why would UEFA do that? All TV money is agreed for the next few years along with their sponsorship deals 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox