Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

I think they'll start playing again at the beginning of May- players will be in isolation for another month before training resumes, then the nine/ ten matches to be played over six weeks behind closed doors, get the season done and then look at how it will work for next season.

Cancelling the season isn't viable, you'll get lawsuits depending on who is affected, but I don't believe the authorities will want the season to go on forever and will take measures to get it completed quickly but only the players and staff can be in attendance. We may not even be allowed to attend in August and a gradual process of getting people back into grounds knowing the extent of the outbreak in a few months' time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Euro 20/20 get cancelled then we can easily finish the season and start the new season just a month/6weeks late. Restart it in May finish 10 games (ish) at start of July. Month off. Preseason September. Start beginning October. 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think you are majorly overreacting 

They will play the remaining games behind closed doors.

If all players are in isolation from a set date.

Chill winston

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think they'll start playing again at the beginning of May- players will be in isolation for another month before training resumes, then the nine/ ten matches to be played over six weeks behind closed doors, get the season done and then look at how it will work for next season.

Said this last night but if most of the clubs oppose this on the basis that it’s too difficult and not fair on the players/staff to lock them away from their families then the PL can’t force it to happen.  We know that the majority of clubs will want the season declared void with last seasons positions used for next season. 

I dont think masters has anything like the gravitas of scudamore to do the ‘right’ thing for the integrity of the league and carry it through 

I dread to think of the damage this is going to do further down the leagues...  

ALOT of clubs rely on gate receipts week to week. With no TV money to fall back on, some clubs could be in serious financial trouble. 

Just make a 92 team league played over the space of two years, everyone plays each other once. TV money split between the 92 teams evenly. Then split the leagues back to their normal selves based on the standings. 

Not a serious suggestion but it would be fun

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Just make a 92 team league played over the space of two years, everyone plays each other once. TV money split between the 92 teams evenly. Then split the leagues back to their normal selves based on the standings. 

Not a serious suggestion but it would be fun

It’d be brilliant 

• Thanks 1

I am beginning to come to the realization that the suspension of the soccer season, although clearly the right one given the current health crisis, will provide an ideal opportunity for the powers that be, who want to maintain the status quo in the Premier League and keep upstart clubs like LCFC, Wolves and Sheff U in their place, to do just that. Watch them find a way to erase the results of the last 27 games but at the same time still find a way of awarding the title to Liverpool. When you have the power, and we all know money talks, you can have it both ways! Hope I'm wrong because being denied the chance to take our place in the Champions League next season will have a huge negative impact on our progress as a club.

Finishing this season is imperative - whenever that happens to be - because the following season would be pointless without doing so.

Once we get this season completed, and all the major issues are decided, including European qualification, then we can consider the options for the following one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What's easy about either of those?

If the season is void then the league breaches contracts with TV companies worth billions of pounds. Teams get screwed out of promotion and harshly relegated costing them hundreds of millions of pounds. 

If its pushed back..... whennis it pushed back to? It cant be rescheduled as we dont know what's going to happen with this virus. It will mean rescheduling the start of their season, it will interfere with players contracts.....

Nothing about it is simple. 

The options are easy, its picking which one, is not

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Cancelling the season isn't viable, you'll get lawsuits depending on who is affected, but I don't believe the authorities will want the season to go on forever and will take measures to get it completed quickly but only the players and staff can be in attendance. We may not even be allowed to attend in August and a gradual process of getting people back into grounds knowing the extent of the outbreak in a few months' time.

Yes you could be right here, finish mid june

9 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

I am beginning to come to the realization that the suspension of the soccer season, although clearly the right one given the current health crisis, will provide an ideal opportunity for the powers that be, who want to maintain the status quo in the Premier League and keep upstart clubs like LCFC, Wolves and Sheff U in their place, to do just that. Watch them find a way to erase the results of the last 27 games but at the same time still find a way of awarding the title to Liverpool. When you have the power, and we all know money talks, you can have it both ways! Hope I'm wrong because being denied the chance to take our place in the Champions League next season will have a huge negative impact on our progress as a club.

Wtf is soccer 🤨

• Like 1

I don't think they can truly null and void the league as some are suggesting (including Karen Brady - wonder why?) That would be even more of an outrage than the other options. What I think will happen is they'll finish the current season at whatever cost in a few months' time, even if it means using depleted squads and playing behind closed doors. They simply need to have promotions and relegations sorted in a way that is legal and fair. 

Lord Alan Sugar, a former chairman of Tottenham, has said Liverpool should be declared Premier League champions if the season is suspended.

Sugar also says the top four should be given the Champions League spots. That would also include Manchester City, Leicester and Chelsea - although Man City are currently appealing a ban excluding them from European football next season.

Who would be fifth, and therefore take City's place if they remain banned, would be hugely controversial.

4 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Lord Alan Sugar, a former chairman of Tottenham, has said Liverpool should be declared Premier League champions if the season is suspended.

Sugar also says the top four should be given the Champions League spots. That would also include Manchester City, Leicester and Chelsea - although Man City are currently appealing a ban excluding them from European football next season.

Who would be fifth, and therefore take City's place if they remain banned, would be hugely controversial.

Again Lord Sugar is someone just looking at the big clubs, what happens with promotion/relegation throughout the football pyramid? there is more to football than just the very top teams. 

11 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't see why we couldn't postpone football until the quarantine infrastructure for football is strong and tight, then complete the season behind closed doors in the summer with the Euros being pushed to next summer. There's only 9 games left, if we postpone the season for two months and in that time partition away all the players and playing staff and their families from the general population, then I can't see why, with following proper hygiene regulations, we couldn't finish this season in the 2 and a half months remaining before August.

The only really big problem would be playing the league whilst the summer transfer window is open, but I can't really see a way past that. It would be huge though.

that time partition away all the players and playing staff and their families from the general population,

Sorry I Don t See them has a special case...I am sure the players and families,Wont want to be " Partitionen off"....Freedom of movement..!!!

The summer Transfer window,can also be delayed.

but any mind-game- Preparation for the whys and wherefores, (though I also have offered suggestions in this or other  forum)

is far Too early..even presumptious..!

No game time, boring Standing sport News so our Minds and Thoughts go into overdrive....

This Virus has still a longer Story to write.....By Middle of April,other Chapters und Knowledge will be available.....

Its Not comfortable,nice and a tease is Left hanging...But we can only sit on our hands and wait.. 

and Not prepare to get our knives out....The Govt.  The WHO, then the various Sporting organisations,das still in that twighlight-zone.

Though even now,Eufa/FIFA should IMO, already cancel,Not postpone, all Internationals & tournaments until September,forget reorganising for Another

period.    Then if possible,with no calendar Change, and KOff and prepare for Tornaments already planned for for 2020/21 season.

This summer-loss at International level should be Simply accepted..!!!    

Then the present  EuL & CL competitions have a Chance of being completed.  Seen from Todays perspective...

The various national ( FA)cup competiions,could Finish  before new season begins. 

The Finals around Europe could be used has the Equivalent to our Charity-shield. Curtain-opener and funds  going to the individual countries sports-charity.