Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

19 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

That was David Coleman.... 

Sportsnight with Coleman on Wednesday's. 

David Coleman used to say 'one nil', whereas Hugh Johns was 'one nothing Villae/Leicester' - subtle difference:D. Here's my evidence at 9:38 - Frank Worthington goal against Leeds:

Sportsnight, usually with Harry Carpenter, was great but when I was younger I was never allowed to stay up and watch it!

Edited by 49er

3 minutes ago, 49er said:

David Coleman used to say 'one nil', whereas Hugh Johns was 'one nothing Villae/Leicester' - subtle difference:D.

Sportsnight, usually with Harry Carpenter, was great but when I was younger I was never allowed to stay up and watch it!

Sportsnight always seemed to have highlights of QPR at home on

Just now, Super_horns said:
Euros in December ?!

Well we have a Winter World Cup coming up too...

Euros in December is possible, finish this season in September/October. Then start new season in February, having two games a week. Running through Summer. No nations league or friendlies. Change World Cup qualifying, allowing top 8 teams in Europe auto entry, similar with other confederations and have a small group for the rest. We can catch up that way... 

• Like 1

During this period of no games, will the players still be able to train as 'normal'?

It's a pity this has happened, especially as personally believe that the big win against Aston Villa would've been the start of a very good run of good results towards the season-end.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

During this period of no games, will the players still be able to train as 'normal'?

It's a pity this has happened, especially as personally believe that the big win against Aston Villa would've been the start of a very good run of good results towards the season-end.

We aren’t sure about training, 3 of our players are in isolation already... so yep that throws in more problems 

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We aren’t sure about training, 3 of our players are in isolation already... so yep that throws in more problems 

I doubt there will be any training as usual

players will either be home on fitness progs or coming in to ‘tickover’

i guess different clubs will have different policies - u would think that they will have this coming week off anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I understand that, but I have the feeling EUFA will want the biggest teams in the CL. If us, Wolves or even Sheff Utd begin to frequent the competition, it could have an effect on future sponsorship and TV deals. It’s a safe bet for EUFA to have the bigger clubs in their biggest competition. 

And completely lose their integrity which is a bigger issue 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And completely lose their integrity which is a bigger issue 

Do they have any integrity? 

What I said wasn’t a completely serious suggestion however it could happen, if they were that way inclined. Also, if they did sway the PL (behind closed doors) to keep the bigger clubs in, it’d be on the PL, not EUFA. 

The fairest solution to this in my opinion is this:

2020 - Play out the domestic seasons, Champions League, FA Cup etc..., and then the Euros. This gives you around 9 months to complete the equivalent of around 3/4 months of football.

2021 - Start what was the 2020/21 season, in February, and play it until November. So effectively shift the league back six months. Introduce a summer break in countries such as Spain, Portugal etc... where the weather will be too much.

2022 - Do the same thing again, start in February and play it until November. Then you have the Qatar World Cup already lined up for the winter.

Then from there on, you either have another break and revert back to the usual August to May season, or you just stick with this as a new way of doing it - although I appreciate there are obviously reasons they have the season when they currently do and it's been established over many years.

I appreciate contracts may become a big issue here - but anything is fairer than voiding the season. To void the 75% complete season in favour of the 0% complete one is sheer madness, and nobody could possibly take it seriously again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

find it hilarious this country has done away with football but not closed schools lol 

Well the govt is responsible for schools whereas football has self regulated because the integrity of the competition was in question due to players self isolating ....... 

without the artefa and Hudson-odoi infections,  I suspect we would all have played today ......... the n Ireland minister Arlene foster gave the game away on schools earlier when she said that there will be a sixteen week shutdown ..... that timescale ties in with the four month over 70’s quarantine period mentioned by Preston. 

38 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Do they have any integrity? 

What I said wasn’t a completely serious suggestion however it could happen, if they were that way inclined. Also, if they did sway the PL (behind closed doors) to keep the bigger clubs in, it’d be on the PL, not EUFA. 

You’ll have point out a motion UEFA have done which suggest otherwise. Under this president they’ve generally been sound 

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You’ll have point out a motion UEFA have done which suggest otherwise. Under this president they’ve generally been sound 

I originally suggested it was a possibility. Which in the current climate of the sport, I wouldn’t put it past any organisation to look after themselves at the expense of a relatively small club/clubs. 

It was a flippant comment really, but I’m sure we can at least agree that different associations lean on each other for their own gain. Maybe not in this instance, but surely it happens behind the scenes.